Harrier AV8B AOA and Ladder Missing

dcrosby

To test this, after I started noticing it in Multiplayer, I start a "Instant Action" on Harrier and select Free Flight Caucuses. And the ladder and aoa indicator are missing.

This is specific to 1.5.8.12823

So I don't know how / why this happened, so it's kind of a useless bug, in that I have no way to reproduce it, I just know that I can't get rid of it, I have tried in this order.

Repaired DCS

Cleaned and Repaired DCS

Deleted All Settings from my user folder except for my key bindings, which are Sym-Linked to the main Release Build folder.

Un-Installed AV8B N/A and re-Installed the module.

When I tested this in 2.2.0.12488 with the same, Instant action, Free Flight, my AOA and Ladder are present in the hud.

I ran into similar problems a couple patches ago, but it seems to have resolved.

Let's eliminate the obvious, though. Is the big INS knob ahead of the switch in the "Nav" position? (Three right clicks upon mission start.) I've found that the HUD bars will be missing unless A: that knob is set to NAV, and B: The main engine is running.

Thank link led me to the fix, but the LUA Files did nothing. For some reason deleting my preference files, set the Textures and Ground textures to Low, as well as messing up my performance tune, which should have been expected. But the thing that fixed it was setting the textures to anything but LOW, as somehow that texture for the AOA indicator and the Ladder, seems to be marked as not renderable on low. So it's reproduceable.

• 1 year later...

this bug is under RESOLVED, but its not. please fix this 2017 issue

LoW texture still shows no VV or pitch ladder

regards