Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

Reusing electronics and base, only deciding and trouble shooting the new plastic mold and how to wire the buttons up within existing limitations... I don't know how much simpler it can get when you're not ''making'' or ''innovating'' anything new. It's nearly 100% recycling. The biggest hurdle in the entire process would be prepping the production line.

Weel I am quite sure that it did no take 7 years to debolestis to make his PCBs and shiftboards to be compatible with old Suncom F-15 grip (that is twin brother of the F-18's one) and make it TM base compatible. :D

And he had to work with existing internal dimensions and mounting points

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been almost 2 years since the announcement and still no news. I wonder how in the world companies design and build a whole jet in less than 5 years.

By using a LOT more people and resources!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

so is this coming or abandoned? I have a bricked TMWH and I like your design. I don't think I want to invest time with TM..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

so is this coming or abandoned? I have a bricked TMWH and I like your design. I don't think I want to invest time with TM..

I'm with you I need an new throttle also, trying to hold out for VKB throttle to go along with my Gunfighter. A little progress report would make the wait a little more bearable.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

So it is my understanding the new Virpil throttle has no idle/off detents is that correct?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

correct

Thanks.

I posed in the wrong forum, apologies - but will be looking forward to a VKB throttle someday with hopefully idle/off detents.

Hope my Warthog throttle holds out till then.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi guys, i have gunfighter mk2 and i'm very happy, i would like to buy the throttle but i see that it does not appear.You know something about his status, since they take a long time to develop and other companies get the products faster and with more feedback. Thanks.

Hi guys, i have gunfighter mk2 and i'm very happy, i would like to buy the throttle but i see that it does not appear.You know something about his status, since they take a long time to develop and other companies get the products faster and with more feedback. Thanks.

You don’t have to read very far back in this thread to get your answer.

No firm date for release. Likely to be a year away at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure would be nice to have a new throttle with detents.

Just sayin...

Don B

• 4 weeks later...

Dang I figured that since I’ve been out all year this would either be out or ready to roll out another year yikes

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Day one purchase for me. Whenever that day arrives.

Likewise here. My X-55 is on it's last legs but hopefully it'll hang on for this throttle. I nearly went for the virpil throttle last week but would much prefer to get this one with the stronghold mounts so have the full VKB setup for stick and throttle.

• 1 month later...

I don't NEED this throttle, but I didn't NEED any of the VKB sticks, grips, and adapter I have now, yet I bought all of it. My thought is that I will have two home pits:

1. US aircraft built around a Warthog/Hornet grip on a VKB GF3 base and TM Warthog throttle, but maybe the Winwing Hornet throttle.

2. Soviet/Russian aircraft built around MCG Pro grip on a VKB GF3 base and this throttle.

I would want both to have the option to fly on a 2d monitor with TrackIR or VR as the situation requires. Now if only I knew someone locally who would enjoy flying with me instead of maintaining two systems for only one person. I will also end up with another home pit using all of my real F-4 hardware. Instead, I should make on pit where it is easy to swap out the left console with different throttles: Warthog, WinWing, and this one. The setup for the real F-4 throttle and stick is too heavy/bulky to be easily changed, so it requires a dedicated stick/seat/console setup. Decisions would be easier to make without time and money limitations. Of course, VKB helps make the decision by not releasing this throttle any time soon. No VKB throttle, no possibility of building a dedicated Soviet pit or a 2nd generic interchangeable pit to complement my current F-4 styled arrangement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys we're quiet most of the time, but please believe we're reading all you're writing.

Thanks for patience, thanks for the ideas, and even thanks for skepticism: it all goes into the pot.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

1. US aircraft built around a Warthog/Hornet grip on a VKB GF3 base and TM Warthog throttle, but maybe the Winwing Hornet throttle.

2. Soviet/Russian aircraft built around MCG Pro grip on a VKB GF3 base and this throttle.

My setup currently.

WH Throttle is starting to get tired so looking for a replacement soon with new rudder pedals to boot.

• 4 weeks later...

Please tell me that this entire setup is still planned to be released like this:)

This is what I have been looking for.

MECS_v01_02.thumb.jpg.eab705f8d43337a76b4ddabe2d881504.jpg

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.