Which rudder pedals?

Hi all

Am about to have another birthday:cry: and my wife wants to get me a set of rudder pedals. (actully I want her to get them for me):thumbup:.

So, some advice from any users of said precious floor space, CH Pro pedals or Siatek pedals, what would you recomend.

Cheers

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which stick do you have, that's surely got to drive your decision...

I have the X52 and the Saitek pedals to compliment it and I'm very happy with them.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got the Saitek pedals and i think they are really good. I also have the X52 and they are a very good combo. The programming software is really easy to use for the both of them.

It got rubber feet so they stay on place(if there are no dust between them and the floor) and if that is not good enough for you get velcro strips to attach to the floor and pedals. should keep them on place. they do have holes as well for screws if you wanna screw them onto the floor.

A tip I got from some forum, maybe this one, if the rubber feet doesnt keep em on place and you dont want to use the velcro(or you have wall to wall carpeting) you can buy cheap mousepads and clue them on and that should keep them on place =)

I havent tried the CH one but they are probably a good choice as well.

I think you should check these out.

They look hardcore and are not too expensive

http://shop3.webmailer.de/cgi-bin/ePages.filereader?45c49a4c0030a2872718ac172c270689+EN/catalogs/373012

Saitek stick and pedals review:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_104a.html

I am buying these very soon..

;)

My Saitek stick is 7 years old and worn out, and my no name generic pedals are totally shot and will be trashed asap..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Try to talk her into getting you Simped Vario. It's expensive but shit if they ain't the best pedals out there. Personally, I'd like to build one but I have no idea how to make a usb chip thingy.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I've had these for about a year... They er just as good now as day 1, as they're made out of high tech plastic and don't wear...

IMG_0074.jpg

There's also a model available that has metal toe brakes..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The Saitek pedals aren't as accurate as the CH ones are. I have pressure sensitive braking scripted into my CH pedals, press the pedals down farther you stop faster. Feels just like it should. Can't do that with Saitek.

I think is not realy a problem of Saitek here ;) . If I press full brake pedal on a FW190 I quickly raise my tail and bend my prop :) ... Ok thats in IL-2 but...

And yes I have Saitek Rudder Pedals (although I bought Cougar after X52 experience, still not finished moding it :( )

I have put my feet on CH pedals and didn't impressed me at all (the whole CH setup actualy, this Cheap-Plastic-Expensive-But-Built2Last didn't catch me, sorry). At least in the "Saitek Rudder Pedals control pannel" they seem very precise... maybe I am not realy a super duper pilot to realy register my opinion somewhere official :) but, they look acurate.

On the feeling. I didn't liked at CH how they center... they have to much force I think and they apparently wooble. The fact that they look like my grandmother old country shoes didn't add a bonus either. So I bought Saitek. This time I wasn't dissapointed cause I new what to expect (ha ha). They wooble a little lateraly (yes, not literaly :) )... the foot holders on the rails that is. But you can't realy feel it in flight. They have a nice (adjustable) centering mechanism that makes you guess a little where center is.. but, it feels more natural.

And they have a proper look... I mean, they ask for boots on them :D .

...and proper spacing also ;)

my 2EU cents :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Saitek pedals are phenomenal for me. I've never tried CH but the Saitek ones I am very happy with. Programmable bands is really a good feature. For example, I use my right toe brake for quickly deploying airbrake, left toebrake for simulating analog braking with bands.

Isnt CH planning to come along with a new HOTAS system soon?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well- I love my CH's- but then- the Saiteks didn't exist when I got them. One especially nice item about CH is the size of the pedals. I have a size 13EEE (u.s.) foot and I can use them with shoes on if I wanted. Personally- I do not find the spacing to be much of an issue. I wouldn't turn down a wider set but it's not critical.

Rugg- gotta link for that mod?

Saitek pedals are phenomenal for me. I've never tried CH but the Saitek ones I am very happy with. Programmable bands is really a good feature. For example, I use my right toe brake for quickly deploying airbrake, left toebrake for simulating analog braking with bands.

cool, can't wait to try them,, ordering them soon,,, didn't think about using them for airbrake...

;)

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

The Saitek pedals aren't as accurate as the CH ones are. I have pressure sensitive braking scripted into my CH pedals, press the pedals down farther you stop faster. Feels just like it should. Can't do that with Saitek.

Saitek:

Go to the sensitivities and nullzone settings for the brake pedal axes in Flight Sim and reduce the nullzone down as far as it will go and up the sensitivity.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=10899

:joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Thanks everyone for your input.:thumbup: The main reason for asking this question is that I have an X45 setup for combat and a CH usb yolk for FSX and my main concern apart from which one was better was would one work with the other and vice versa.

Cheers:drink:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]