My suggestion for new system mouse pointer (solve click precision with TrackIR)

Legolasindar

+1

Cursor and clicking work fine.

I cannot stress this enough: The proposed feature would not overwrite the old behaviour of the mouse cursor. Instead it would add an option. An option is a feature that you - the user - have control over. A feature that can be enabled or disabled at will.

So why do people resist an obviously important addition to the sim, even if they personally do not need it? Just because you don't need something doesn't mean others shouldn't have it.

When browsing the wishlist, please understand what "an option" means. Even if it is not stated outright.

Regards

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 3 years later...

This seems so logical, the fact that it’s not done universally in flight sims makes me wonder if there’s some game engine related reason. From what I can see BMS is the only game that operates this way. DCS, X-Plane 10 and 11, FSX and MSFS 2020 all have the mouse pointer follow your view and not the cockpit. Otherwise this would be a great idea. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 2/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, SharpeXB said:

This seems so logical, the fact that it’s not done universally in flight sims makes me wonder if there’s some game engine related reason. From what I can see BMS is the only game that operates this way. DCS, X-Plane 10 and 11, FSX and MSFS 2020 all have the mouse pointer follow your view and not the cockpit. Otherwise this would be a great idea. 

I do really think the only reason is that back in the day when DCS was built (or rather the core which is way older) one system was chosen instead of implementing multiple, because there is no reason you couldn't play just fine with what we have now. As a counter point to this being a tecnical limitation, consider the following: in VR this already works when using in-game menus (the esc-menu for example). While the menus are active the mouse is locked to the scene and you can look around just fine. No warping or twitching of the cursor (as if this was done by somehow compensating the motion due to head movement after it has moved). It's solid. It works and it is wonderful! Problem is it does not work in any other instance.

And I believe the reason is just simply that no-one ever found it that necessary to implement before. I would argue that this would definitely be an option to be implemented. I know I and many of my friends would switch instantly. At the same time I know a lot who prefer the current system. Hence options.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I see only positive things regarding a sticky cursor option - I'd say this would be one of the biggest UI quality of life upgrades for a long time.

On-Off -option with a sensitivity or "stickyness" setting :thumbsup:

- Ease the lives of virtual pilots experiencing involuntary shaking or other such symptoms
- Counter the microjitters of VR headset tracking

Definetely a worthy feature to pursue.