Inoperable radio shortcuts?

In stable 1.5.7 (I'm not sure of earlier state)

R863 controls "Dial / Memory" and "Squelch" do not respond to their keyboard shortcuts: LAlt+LWin+W and LAlt+LWin+T respectively. Other LAlt+LWin+* controls for the R863 work as intended (e.g. frequency knobs).

Whatever the bug was in 1.5.7 or any earlier version is irrelevant now, isn't it?

In latest stable (1.5.8 ) and OA versions, both shortcuts work OK now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You mean the systems or the switches? I only tested in cold&dark chopper and the switches work. Mind you, I don't use custom cockpit, or any pit mods, I also have avionics set to "native", though I'm not sure it would affect keyboard commands.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To clarify, the controls (switches) work when clicked in the cockpit. When operated by clicking the produce the correct effect. However, their keyboard shortcuts do not operate the controls. That is when I press Left Alt, Left Win, and W nothing happens: the dial/memory switch does not move and the radio behavior remains the same.

I have no mods, it is a vanilla install.

That's puzzling then. I tried with no controllers plugged in, just keyboard and mouse. Will plug in all my gear and see if that changes anything, though I don't see why it would.

On your side, I'd suggest renaming Mi-8's config/input folder for a minute to let the game rebuild new one and check if the shortcuts work.

Ok, just went back and verified problem. DCS 1.5.8.12823 with no game controllers. I tried two different keyboards and also verified that the rest of R-863 keyboard shortcuts work.

Can you provide more specific instructions in regard to the folder that I should rename? If I remove C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input, it does not get rebuilt on relaunch, I just get an Mi-8 that's missing all controls except views.

defaults.lua looks "ok":

{combos = {{key = 'W', reformers = {'LAlt','LWin'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_13, cockpit_device_id = devices.R_863, value_down = 1, name = _('Radio R-863 Unit Switch - DIAL/MEMORY'), category = {_('Center Console'), _('Radio R-863')}},

Compared to the AM/FM switch (that is working for me):

{combos = {{key = 'Q', reformers = {'LAlt','LWin'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_12, cockpit_device_id = devices.R_863, value_down = 1, name = _('R-863 Modulation Switch - AM/FM'), category = {_('Left Overhead Panel'), _('Radio R-863')}},

Other interesting behaviors: remapping works just fine (e.g. RAlt + RWin + W or T) and even going to a three-modifier left-side combo like LCtrl + LWin + LAlt + W or T works fine and the switches toggle. As soon as I click "default" in control adjustment the switches stop responding.

No, I mean your personal controller assignments in C:\Users\[profile name]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\Mi-8mt\...

Haven't tested with my controllers yet.

Edit - did the test and the shortcuts work with all the gear in. Must be something on your side I'm afraid.

Edited by Art-J