Setting up an Infantry JTAC Mission for LGB Practice

104th_Maverick

DCS Mission Editor | Setting up an Infantry JTAC Mission

Hope you guys have fun with this, I certainly did! The mission is available to download in the video description.

Thanks Ciribob!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• 2 weeks later...
;3341990']DCS Mission Editor | Setting up an Infantry JTAC Mission

Hope you guys have fun with this, I certainly did! The mission is available to download in the video description.

Thanks Ciribob!

Thanks for the video.

Once I have downloaded these Lua files, what do I do with them? Where do they go? Or do they install automatically?

Sorry for the "numpty" question!

Cheers

David

Edit. I just looked on your You Tube channel and found what to do in the description. Didn't realise the DCS mission engine would find the Lua's, will give this a go. Normally I assign the JTac to lase the target, from the menu.

Edited by Accipiter
Found the video description

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I just tried this with the Mirage 2000, (don't yet have the Harrier due to £).

I can not get the scripts to work. I did exactly as you did in DCS 1.5 (latest update).

So I tried to set up the mission the old way, using the mission editor to create the JTACs. I find that I can not get the JTACs to designate the target with a laser.

I surmise that something is broken, either with the new DCS 1.5 or with my install?

Anyone else seeing trouble with JTACs not lasing?

The radio comms does not continue to the "LASER ON" "SPOT" it halts after "cleared to attack".

Cheers

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I just tried this with the Mirage 2000, (don't yet have the Harrier due to £).

I can not get the scripts to work. I did exactly as you did in DCS 1.5 (latest update).

So I tried to set up the mission the old way, using the mission editor to create the JTACs. I find that I can not get the JTACs to designate the target with a laser.

I surmise that something is broken, either with the new DCS 1.5 or with my install?

Anyone else seeing trouble with JTACs not lasing?

The radio comms does not continue to the "LASER ON" "SPOT" it halts after "cleared to attack".

Cheers

David

Hello, try to bring the jtac closer and he must have a direct visualization on the target.

Work perfectly on 1.5.8 ans 2.2 ( old way mission editor)

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hello, try to bring the jtac closer and he must have a direct visualization on the target.

Work perfectly on 1.5.8 ans 2.2 ( old way mission editor)

I'll give it another try.

I have indications in the mission planner that the JTAC are in laser range, less than 1 mile actually. But the Lua doesn't recognise I am there. Using the mission planner method, the JTAC stops instructions after "continue", so I don't get "laser on".

It may be my high approach though. At 25 k the bomb fall time is quite long?

I'll try again.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT

This works now, but I need to place the JTAC much closer than I had, about 200 meters works. That was the issue. So the "invisible" and "immortal" actions need to be in my mission planner for the JTAC. Thanks for the heads up!:thumbup:

Edited by Accipiter
Typo

Is there any way to check LOS for the JTAC in the editor besides trial and error? I've had the same issue.

-Jenrick

I don't think line of sight is in the calculations:(

I used to be able to put JTAC on high ground up to 2000 Meters away, now I am putting them 200 meters away and "pretending" they are we'll camoflaged! This was driving me to think there was something else wrong, but it was definitely the range of the laser that's got less?

Thank goodness for "imortal + invisible":music_whistling:

So doing some quick research, even for an infantry designation, you ought to be able to get at least a 1km+ see: http://asc.army.mil/web/portfolio-item/lightweight-laser-designator-rangefinder-lldr-anped-1-and-anped-1a/

Does anyone know if vehicles have a longer range designation capabilities in DCS? Anecdotal testing seems to support that they do, but I haven't sat down and done any consistent testing.

-Jenrick