DCS AV-8B | How to NOT fall off the Carrier [Video]

104th_Maverick

Hi mate!

Yeah that takes not only a bit of practice but a bit of getting used to. Its still a little bit of a trip for me to do.

The problem is what your eyes are seeing, you know you're moving, everything is telling you that but that big fat ship in front of you is not moving from your perspective once you are abeam the LS and have matched the ships speed.

When I drift right, I try to stay mainly focused on the Horizon and the HUD and consciously monitor my lateral position with peripheral vision, so my focus is always forward mostly watching my height.

I'm still playing around with my curves at the moment I'm using 15 but it's all down to your joystick. I would 100% recommend adding something to your curve, start at 10 on all 3 axis and see how you go.

You can also landing using the early cross technique which is good practice.

Basically its the same as I showed in the video except you start coming right once you cross the 45 degree line from the Primary Landing Spot while still having some forward momentum.

This is a good way to get the line up practice with the tram line but adds in some new challenges at the same time but its very enjoyable!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Nice flying

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas.