2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

Viggenites!

We're kicking off 2018 with some thunder and lightning!

We've spent some time working on quality of life features pertaining to the data cartridge system, mission planning and have fixed some longstanding visual issues.

As mentioned in our update, 2018 will together with the Tomcat be the "year of content" for the Viggen, which includes additions such as the J-35 Draken, two free Caucasus based campaigns, many new liveries, a complete exterior sound overhaul and more. The ultimate goal in the medium term is to mature the Viggen, consider it feature complete and major bug free and "release" it out of Beta status. :)

We're also currently working with Eagle Dynamics to provide an update to the BK90 cluster bomb dispenser.

Our current implementation for this particular weapon is a complex concoction of workarounds. With a future update, the BK-90 will work exactly as intended and have parity in both SP and MP.

Thanks for your support and for your warm Viggen recommendations we've been seeing. We really appreciate it!

We hope you're all enjoying your time hauling ass and practicing your future Forrestal and Kuznetsov attack runs.

Here's the latest:

DCS AJS-37 Viggen changelog

• New feature! auto-generated data cartridge. Choosable in the kneeboard (# 6)

The Auto-generated data cartridge is a cartridge with five pre-programmed waypoints, where the third waypoint will be located on the first expected enemy units. This waypoint will take into account projected target movement and if you follow Time on Target cues, you will intercept your target. ** This is a work in progress feature **

• You can now load a data-cartridge file stored in the saved games-folder without respawning.

• New Export of ELINT-analysis data to Saved games-folder added! It will be located in the %SAVED_GAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ELINTData.info file

• Added new JA-37 “Akktu Stakki” Livery by Magnus Almgren

•  

• Fixed FORMLJUS not illuminating tail with deferred rendering on

• Fixed fuselage FORMLJUS (slimelights) not appearing with deferred rendering on

• Corrected landing light sprite movement

• Landing light distance and attenuation reworked for deferred rendering

• Landing light will no longer illuminate the cockpit

• Landing light will now follow nosewheel strut rotation.

• Wing nav/formation lights will now cast dynamic lighting

• Fixed static airfield AJS-37 missing canopy & ejection seat issue.

• Adjusted PBR materials for new tonemapper gamma

• Fixed missing Bare Metal livery due to errant commit

• Fixed missing ordinance icons

• Fixed duplicate material name of canopy glass & rocket pod (Thanks Home Fries!)

• Replaced default Viggen briefing UI image

• Corrected AKAN Gunpod size

• Fix to RWR showing ghost signals

• Fixes to Time On Target calculation accuracy

• Fix to second BK90 MJ1 not releasing

• Fix to Glideslope indication issues.

• Fix to inaccurate DYK and NAV - bombing

• Fix to Maverick-sight going off target

• Fix to Easter egg triggering erroneously. (or, rather, in common flight parameters)

• Fixed Lysbomb not releasing and FÄLLD LAST light not activating

• Various Fixes to U22 and U22/A pods

• Fixed B9 breakpoint not getting stored from ME

• Updated CN localization

• Fixed a CTD caused by the RWR

• Updated cockpit shader material defs for appropriate brightness

• Adjusted TILS touchdown position

Thanks,

The Heatblur Viggen team

Vigg_Akktu_00.thumb.jpg.1b8f816922bff2050b874b39ab73bda7.jpg

Vigg_Akktu_04.thumb.jpg.474278d9c7896bc944d9b39c29ec94a5.jpg

Vigg_Akktu_03.thumb.jpg.d4e244b7682f4397fe1e0b36f1bf3587.jpg

Vigg_Akktu_02.thumb.jpg.a723f182f9c1af5fcbf8120ece52aa62.jpg

Vigg_Akktu_01.thumb.jpg.89058a73cb87ff71cec6d731c15850bb.jpg

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Nice! But it (Viggen) still crashes my 2.2. Any news on this problem?

PC Specs: i5-4690K (SilentiumPC Fera 2),MSI GTX-1070, MSI GAMING 5 Z97, 4x4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz CL9 Hyper X,ZALMAN 600W, 120Gb SSD, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, 1st 27´ BenQ GL2760 2nd ASUS VH222, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek rudder paddles

Most hours (from most to least) on Mig-21Bis, Ka-50, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, AJS-37, F-14B, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2 and the rest

As I just bought the Viggen and love it this is great news.

Can I ask if there is an English cockpit in the works?

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Great update and im looking forward to all of it =)

Especially the news about the BK 90.

Just 1 question though.

Do you guys have any ETA for when you might update the Visual models/skins for the RB24J and RB 75?

(Replacing the Aim-9P5 model for the RB24J and making the RB 75 white)

Thanks Cobra ... really appreciate the love that you guys are pouring onto the Viggen :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Any chance on fixing the clock, the hands don't move and it occupies a space in the cockpit that can't be ignored. It's something I like to use with time on target. It's been quite some time and you've said you fixed it previously.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nice & all....but..

I'm still waiting for this:

There are also some very exciting announcements to come for the Viggen in the next couple of months, so stay tuned.

And what happened to the promised map's & the dedicated map team you had a year ago?

From the Q&A just after the announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm..._were/dajdha1/

"Cobra8472Leatherneck Simulations 22 points 1 day ago

Very good! We have a permanent art team in Swinoujscie, Poland-- which are almost exclusively dedicated to developing new maps."

Or was it just a hype up for better sales before release? :shifty:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Nice & all....but..

I'm still waiting for this:

And what happened to the promised map's & the dedicated map team you had a year ago?

From the Q&A just after the announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm..._were/dajdha1/

"Cobra8472Leatherneck Simulations 22 points 1 day ago

Very good! We have a permanent art team in Swinoujscie, Poland-- which are almost exclusively dedicated to developing new maps."

Or was it just a hype up for better sales before release? :shifty:

My post refers to e.g. the J-35 Draken we're shipping for the Viggen:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195733

We currently can't share anything on map content, but we're still working towards that type of content.

Please do note though that a map is not a part of the Viggen's official feature list.

That said, it is quite cynical to not note that the Viggen will be one of the best "bang for your buck" packages in DCS once complete, regardless of maps.

Not only are we shipping brand new AI units with the aircraft, but also two campaigns in the Caucasus and we have quite a few more tricks up our sleeve.

I don't think you can find that sort of value in any other DCS module currently, especially at $59.99. Bias notwithstanding :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

5 minutes ago I was just dying to scoot the Viggen across the 2.5 Caucasus winter map, but now with this bonus added on top.... hi hi hiii :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thanks for the update and good job as always, Cobra :thumbup: Much appreciated!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thank you Cobra, very good to hear about the progress on the Viggen. There are still quite a few bugs with the module, but I feel recently they are being fixed steadily. It seems the module is getting in good shape and I am looking forward very much to new content in order for the Viggen to find it's proper place within DCS.

Can you share any news about getting the Maverick sight to work correctly in VR? The recent Harrier got a working collimated FLIR display on the HUD (which also works in VR), which I think is the technology required for the EP-13 sight.

There are quite a few AI issues with base DCS which have a very pronounced effect on the Viggen. While I understand that these are the responsibilities of Eagle Dynamics, since they affect your module in particular, are you aware of them and have you talked with ED about addressing them?

- AI Viggen being unable to take off from short airfields (link), which is a signature capability of the aircraft.

- AI wingmen being unable to match players altitude in low level flight and AI-lead flights being unable to do proper NOE flights (link). Again a signature property of the Viggen and the primary combat tactic of the Swedish Air Force, which the current DCS AI is unable to perform.

- Ships receiving air search radars with proper range and being capable to act as EWR (EWR units in DCS can vector AI fighters to targets). This would be needed to set up anti-ship missions with properly defended naval forces (fighter cover), which in turn can be defeated by the Viggen pilot by approaching at low level under the radar horizon (further description). Again a signature tactic of the Viggen, which is currently not required in DCS.

The Viggen is one of my favorite aircraft in DCS and I am looking forward to having the best possible and immersive experience with it. I am also very excited to learn about details what you have in store map wise. As you know I have my Dynamic Campaign Engine in place and already did a couple of campaigns, some which I think came out quite well. I am sitting on hot coals to finally apply it to the Viggen once it is truly ready.

• Like 1

Can you share any news about getting the Maverick sight to work correctly in VR?

+1, actually! Have been looking forward to use this in VR ever since the Viggen came out.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss