2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

I'm working on a Viggen update. We've been focused on solving weapon inaccuracy issues, adopting to the new atmoshpere model, and solving performance issues (which we just managed to today!).

The manual is now also reaching completion.

How is the in cockpit pilot model going?

I'm working on a Viggen update. We've been focused on solving weapon inaccuracy issues, adopting to the new atmoshpere model, and solving performance issues (which we just managed to today!).

The manual is now also reaching completion.

new atmoshpere model? HeatBlur update or DCS World ED update?

• 2 weeks later...
new atmoshpere model? HeatBlur update or DCS World ED update?

Some time ago (maybe 2 months) ED changed the internal atmosphere model in DCS. Because of that most weapons in the Viggen got inaccurate (because the internal computations where wrong then).

The update note means that they now adopted to the new model.

THANX HB for changing to the straight-forward EP-13 sight for the RB75's :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No more change of view necessary .. what an improvement!

Now I start loving this weapon too. :megalol:

Think I will have to fly mission 8 of the Redflag campaign very soon (which I was shifting and shifting and shifting due to this simple thing) ... :smartass:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It can't be said too much, the Viggen module you guys at Heatblur have created is truly fantastic! :thumbup: Keep the updates coming to improve this into perfection! :worthy:

Viggen was my first real module purcharse (and it was also the reason I got a brand new PC to fly this beauty in VR). Now that I have flown a few more planes it is so enjoyable to go back to this aircraft and I adore it even more when I compare it to the other modules.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

It can't be said too much, the Viggen module you guys at Heatblur have created is truly fantastic! :thumbup: ... ... ... Now that I have flown a few more planes it is so enjoyable to go back to this aircraft and I adore it even more when I compare it to the other modules.

As I always say ... first aircraft in DCS with built in soul. We are not hunting for the highest climb rate, the extremest turn rates, or the best air2air radar ... we are hunting for something to love ... aren't we?? :joystick:

This aircraft is very much about feelings and how a person somehow "fits" into the "system" rather than hunting for another air2air kill ... Despite ... blowing a MiG-21 out of the sky on ACG server ... yeah that has something :P

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

As I always say ... first aircraft in DCS with built in soul. We are not hunting for the highest climb rate, the extremest turn rates, or the best air2air radar ... we are hunting for something to love ... aren't we?? :joystick:

This aircraft is very much about feelings and how a person somehow "fits" into the "system" rather than hunting for another air2air kill ... Despite ... blowing a MiG-21 out of the sky on ACG server ... yeah that has something :P

Where do I find that ACG server? :pilotfly: Had a check on the Multiplayer server list but didn't find it.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Are you planning to add tire blowouts when take off speed is too high or when landing hard?

Didn't know they were removed, make a bug report.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 4 weeks later...
Any news on the manual? I want to print this thing and finally learn to fly the beautiful Viggen... it was a day 1 purchase after all.

Yes please! I thought the same the other day, I'd like to print it but I'm waiting for the final version.

It's done - just being proofread a final time. Will try to release it before the weekend!

That's great news! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It's done - just being proofread a final time. Will try to release it before the weekend!

Which weekend? ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Aaaand the weekend has come 8-)

Several, actually. I guess the final proof readers found a mountain of errors.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Today we enter the second half of 2018. Would be very interesting to know the status of the J35 Draken, the other campaign, the pilot body, the sound overhaul, the manual etc as promised by the HB team in the first post of this thread.

Even if you haven't worked on these things it would still be good to hear something so we can adjust our expectations accordingly and spend time on other modules/games if that's the case.

Today we enter the second half of 2018. Would be very interesting to know the status of the J35 Draken, the other campaign, the pilot body, the sound overhaul, the manual etc as promised by the HB team in the first post of this thread.

Even if you haven't worked on these things it would still be good to hear something so we can adjust our expectations accordingly and spend time on other modules/games if that's the case.

And the map that was announced for the Viggen!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not bad see a new Q2 update about all of them.

Progress on the J-35 is currently slow due to team commitments to the F-14 - but we've made large strides in the background and should have something to show towards a fall. Again, the J-35 is being built to standards we set for flyable, full modules; so it takes us quite a while.

Pilot body is currently being posed, boned and animated. Hopefully one of the next patches.

The Sound overhaul is happening; but we're trying to get on location with one of the SWaFH -37's to capture the real thing. We have great samples currently, but we're hoping to be able to fill in the gaps. This year for sure, prior to removing EA tag.

We decided to rewrite one section of the manual as it was considered substandard by our proof-readers. In fact, I even added it being done to the changelog, as this was a last minute decision. I'll update you on the manual in the next 2-3 days.

EDIT: The section rewrite is complete. It shouldn't be long.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/