DCS World 1.5

mikethemadmonk

I'm sure I am missing something here. Can anyone tell me the purpose of DCS World 1.5? I thought this was going to integrate the two standing versions into one? Instead, I now have three version on my pc. This is getting silly!

Also, I have found it impossible to download my paid for modules into the Nevada range set up, in spite of being advised to download the GUI application . When I run this to get the planes that are clearly shown ready to download in my module, it states, nothing to download.

I'm on the verge of going back to Il-Sturmovik.

Please, anyone HELP.:doh:

We will have a merged version by the end of this month.

Not sure about your modules although when they are activated in 1.5 they will also be activated in 2.2. Make sure you check the correct box in the module manager

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you fire up 2.2 with Nevada and login correctly, go to module manager - you should be automatically asked if you want to download and install modules you own from 1.5.8. That normally should be enough to start the process.

If it's not, check out the 2.0 section of the forum for any installation issues:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=476

I know there are commands to manually "force" the installer to install chosen module in any version, but I never had to use them.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

So Civit, you are saying that the two versions will merge. So if I just wait all my aircraft and other bought apps will all be in the same place.

Ok, I can wait and live with that . Shall wait and see.

Though to be honest, like every other game I have played in the past thirty years, the bigger they get, the more room for errors become.

Thx for your prompt reply

• Like 1

Originally Posted by Wags View Post

Dear all,

DCS World 2.5 News Update

Work is going well with the updated Caucasus map and the summer map is ready to go! However, there is still work to do on the Spring, Autumn, and Winter maps. Much of this revolves around integration of the new SpeedTree tech. This is a rather time consuming process and is not just a case of just dropping in new tech.

Additionally, a lot of work continues on updating the hundreds of missions and campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes. This primarily entails moving units and their routes out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

Finally, we have the holiday season fast approaching, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). In other words, DCS World 2.5 will replace DCS World 1.5 Stable. The current 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to be DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. As such DCS 2.5 Stable and DCS 2.5 Open Beta will be available at the same time. DCS 2.1 Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Modules under DCS World 2.x will not need to be re-downloaded or activated. Just do not uninstall DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 2.2.

Any files in your Users/Saved Games folder will not be affected.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Thanks,

Matt “Wags” Wagner

Eagle Dynamic SA, Senior Producer

Looking forward to it myself :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

H:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin

then find the exe

Obviously whichever drive you have DCS installed and this is the open alpha as example

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The explanation is very concise, however, it isn't possible, at least on my Win 10 64 bit pc. If I do exactly as you state, the file "bin" where the exe file lives is grayed out and not accessible. I do understand that the new update utility needs to find the words "Open Alpha" but I am unable to do so?

At the moment.

1.5 is Caucasus only

2.2 is Nevada and Normandy. Adding anything to 1.5 will not work.

Also be sure to use the Module manager this seems to be the recommended method for installing modules and activating or deactivating:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not more confusing than your posts, however :D. If You want to use new maps only, You can (and for the sake of your own convenience should) have both NTTR and Normandy installed and running in one Open Alpha (version 2.2) copy of the game.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.