80$ for the F-18? really?

shab249

It's not a bad price tag for a top grade simulator that's actually fun to play. As someone stated above, it's fair price in the existing sim industry. Remember everyone of us are getting the 2.5 caucasus for free? That money has to come from somewhere.

60$ pre purchase 80$ after early access, is very good value IMHO

I spend more on a single night out or a concert ticket, with a module like this I will get 1000's of hours of fun from it, a good deal for me.

Sure for some it is a lot of money, but you can also wait for sales. Only you know what you can afford.

Your right id prefer to spend $80 on the F-18 then go out on a Friday night to get drunk and a hangover and spend the same amount.

I agree on everything already said here on why the price is more then fair. They could gone with a $100 and a pre-purchase price of $80 and it would still be fair IMO..

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

i love ED but this is too much.

they started by taking 70$ for the harrier and keep getting the prices up now to 80$. if they wont stop now we'll see 90 and 100 bucks.

and saying in the youtube video "save 20$" when the price is 20$ nore is a dirty move...

dont use the hype you created for the F-18 for years to take so much money.

i do belive it took them time and affort to develop it but i dont belive they need 20$ more than the regular every game price for a DLC for a game they claim is free. and dont get me wrong its more than a DLC but the price is more than the price you pay for a WHOLE game.

they act like EA but they dont have the same economy' if we'll wait and show them we wont accept prices like those they will fold.

someone will probably delete this post before enough people will see it but for the ones who do, think about it.

taking 60 now but for a product you'll get months ahead of now.

I am afraid you are so way way off the mark you make yourself look absurd.

You cannot possibly compare ED with EA - the scale of a mass market product has no relevance when it comes to niche item like the F/A-18C. When your volume of sales is a hundredth of the totals that mass market stuff, how can you even think of comparing prices? It's like comparing a Nissan Micra with a Rolls Royce. Sure the Roller will be pricey, but it's built to a far higher standard, with none of the economies of mass manufacturing. No comparison stands up.

What we have in the F/A-18C is licensed from Boeing - which is never a cheap undertaking in itself, spread across a finite number of sales. We also have the culmination of years of research and coding - and coding will continue for a number of years - at no additional cost - after release.

The F/A-18C will break new ground in terms of realism, accuracy, and depth of detail. When you start to see the reviews it'll get, you'll see that it is a significant item. I have been flying the A-10C for years, and still haven't discovered every nuance of what the module represents. I have flown almost a thousand hours mostly in this one module. I have had more entertainment from it than any single other hobby or activity I can name.

Also, behind the pricing of this module is the fact that a lot of people have poured hundreds of man hours into such a small volume commodity. The revenue will ensure a continued presence in the world of a unique software house that have pushed flight simulation far beyond any other organisation in the industry, which puts a lot of their rivals to shame. Do you want the workforce to have a future or not?

And finally, if you really aren't ready to pay for a module, you can always keep your wallet in your pocket.

Complaining about stuff seems to me to be far too prevalent I'm cyberspace, and frankly it cuts no ice.

Edited by NeilWillis
  • Like 1

as a customer you have to set some price you'll agree to pay and not to agree too anything... if we stop doing this we can see mdules costing 300$ and why? because man who think like you let it happen. thats not how capitalism works.

Of course. No one’s preventing you from doing that. Wait for a 50% off sale.

$80 is the Cost of me Ubering to my office and back.. lol

Take the day off and get the hornet. lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Everything they do is to help keep the core game free, and more importantly to keep the lights on at the ED offices...

you cant call the base game free if you get 2 really bad planes and when you go to the multiplayer you see guys with mirages and mig-21's.

• Like 2

have you bothered to check what others are charging?

Check out the civie sims like prepared and xplane and look at how much they are charging.

My jaw hit hit the floor when I saw $150 price tags for some of the airliners and DCS level of detail easily matches what others are offering.

So no belly aching here, I have no problems dropping $80 for the plane I use to fly :)

Exactly, thats ok for me to develop the sim. Overall the price seems in regard of the given arguments to be correct.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

as a customer you have to set some price you'll agree to pay and not to agree too anything... if we stop doing this we can see mdules costing 300$ and why? because man who think like you let it happen. thats not how capitalism works.

Not sure that is how it works. They set the price based on their perception of work and value. The customer thus decides if the value of the product matches the price, then decides to buy. So, it sounds like you don't believe the cost of the module is equal to the work and value of the product. So, if that is the case, don't buy it. But don't sit here and complain like the sky is falling. It is 20 dollars off right now, which is the cost of a typical, normal, new module without discounts. I think that is more than fair that you have the opportunity to:

1) Pre-Purchase

2) Receive a discount for pre-purchase

So, if you purchase or not it is incosequential, but stop pretending it is unfair. If you don't have the cash, save up. If you don't feel it is worth it, don't buy it.

Yes. Yes you can. Because it's ... free.

Unless you paid for DCSW. Which is really hard to do.

you cant call the base game free if you get 2 really bad planes and when you go to the multiplayer you see guys with mirages and mig-21's.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

80 bucks is reasonable. No issue here.

I spend that much on a 2 hour meal. I'll spend hours, days, weeks, hell years total in this module.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Just crawled out of bed, and saw the Hornet was on pre-purchase. Before I even brushed my teeth, I was online ordering. 80 bucks for what promises to be the most detailed simulation ever. I'd pay that all day, but 60 bucks is even better. Military themed flight sims were dead before ED came along. Dropping money on these things is what helps keep this hobby going. Hell getting Boeing to license the product had to be pretty penny for ED. Not to mention all the research and development that went into the jet, and it's system. I for one am glad to show my support, by making a first day purchase.

Edited by sideshow
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Have you seen the work they have done for the updates to 2.5? All free. And that may be your opinion on bad planes, but you are in the minority. But I am guessing you just want more for free, but that isnt how businesses work, sorry.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

$59.99 on pre order, I pay more than that for a couple of drinks and pizza's on a night out.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

i love ED but this is too much.

they started by taking 70$ for the harrier and keep getting the prices up now to 80$. if they wont stop now we'll see 90 and 100 bucks.

and saying in the youtube video "save 20$" when the price is 20$ nore is a dirty move...

dont use the hype you created for the F-18 for years to take so much money.

i do belive it took them time and affort to develop it but i dont belive they need 20$ more than the regular every game price for a DLC for a game they claim is free. and dont get me wrong its more than a DLC but the price is more than the price you pay for a WHOLE game.

they act like EA but they dont have the same economy' if we'll wait and show them we wont accept prices like those they will fold.

someone will probably delete this post before enough people will see it but for the ones who do, think about it.

Shab249, I have to disagree, and I think you are in the minority on this one. With what it takes to develop these aircraft, and the amount of detail that is put into them I will pay $80 without question for a full fidelity aircraft. You have to realize that even though all the aircraft fall under the DCS World umbrella, each one is essentially a "whole game". So the price should not be that overwhelming considering what new games go for now. Along with that, they are giving you the opportunity to pre-purchase for $60, so take advantage of that and save yourself $20. They could have just said screw it and charge the full $80 right from the beginning. Unfortunately prices go up, that is life. As long as they stay within a reasonable level I don't see an issue with it. Just my 2 cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't respond earlier, but I think I will now.

Yes $80 is very expensive for a flight simulation (well to some of us at least). It's a lot of money, I'm a student I know it hurts, but its well worth it. Think about how much you are getting, especially for $60 on pre-order, we are getting so much more capability's than on the A-10C (which is still an amazing module and will continue to be). While I saw that cost I kinda of cringed, however when you look at everything that is included this module will wipe away all other modules in terms of what you can do with it. The Hornet is almost the ultimate module, able to do everything you could really want it too. It is introducing so many never seen before weapons and flight operations into the game. We will have carrier ops with the Hornet (which is included in the price)

The Harrier cost $70 because Razbam spent time (still is) on their Tarawa Class ship and KC-130

I would not be surprised if the F-18C one day cost goes down to $40 standard within 5 years(like the A-10C), it will be most likely on sale next Christmas for possible 1/2 up.

Ultimately the choice is up to, you have pretty much guaranteed 5 months to decide for yourself.

Have you seen the work they have done for the updates to 2.5? All free. And that may be your opinion on bad planes, but you are in the minority. But I am guessing you just want more for free, but that isnt how businesses work, sorry.

Why cant we donate to the new updated 2.5 Wags never got back. We could donate to updated textures by others?