To preprder or not to preorder?

Cann0nF0dd3r

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Uhm.... was going to go for the pre-purchase of the beloved Hornet, but... are there any other payment methods available besides credit card?

Hmm... :(

paypal also

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To answer the OP its: Pre-Order.

Save 20 bucks. Then wait; no salivate with dripping anticipation for the coming day when you can sit in the F18 on the aircraft carrier and launch. Then recover.

Yup exactly. If you're interested in the Hornet I have no idea why you wouldn't tbh.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

No, that is not what I typed. I typed the Stennis, that we have in game, is a very simple rendition since no US player controlled aircraft currently operate from a carrier. What is in game works just fine for the AI. Well except for the recent release of the Harrier, but it doesn't operate from the Stennis anyways.

What the Stennis will be for the launch of the Hornet has yet to be divulged.

I'll make this simple, if the Stennis is usable, even in a crude state, I'll buy the hornet right now. If it's promised to be usable by when the Hornet early-releases then I'll buy that as well.

$60 now for a plane that can use in-game assets that are already there is a great deal! But $150 (estimated full price) for the plane and the only usable carrier just gives me pause.

strange mental gymnastics you got there.

carrier core functionality has always been an integral part of the base game, so even if the stennis wasnt immediately compatible with the hornet on ea release, it will only be a matter of time before it's updated to work. they've already delivered one set of working carrier-aircraft update with the su-33 -- do you think it was random and unrelated to this pending module?

frankly there is literally nothing to lose by buying in right now.

Edited by probad

No doubt. Buy without think to much.. if you can obviously.. :smilewink:

I've bought it in just 1ms reaction time, as soon as I heard the pre-purchase news.

At the end everyone who loves "combact flight simulators" will have this.. It's a new age for simulation and with the DCS 2.5 incoming, a great new beginning.

Buying now we obtain 2 great thing:

1) We save 20$ thank's to ED's with the pre-order option. I think it's an honest price if we imagine the hard work that is behind these "flying birds"

2) We support ED in the developement of this World, not only the wonderfull F/A-18C.

So, if You can, buy without thinking too much.. and let's, all us, wait for the "Matt magic words" F/A-18C OUT NOW... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

As far as I'm concerned.. just from my obersvations on the forums over the years this is likely the most highly anticipated DCS module of all time.

Like DCS 2.5, we've had our eye on this subject for several years. Wags has been continuously making videos showing us their progress, and I feel like this is indeed on the scope for 2018. It may be in beta status for some time yet.. but ED is finally confident enough to say "Hey, we're doing this.. we're confident enough to allow you to pre-order, you should be able to take your first flight in it by spring."

When I feel like I have $60 to spare I'll be pre-ordering.. and yeah I'm doing it to save $20 on a module that I know I'd end up buying as soon as it is released. Hopefully they can get most of the systems in by the end of the year, but from the way it's been advertised lately, I'm happy with the fact that I'll be pre-ordering as long as they keep showing us they're commited to improving the product. And I think they will. They're going to want to be content with their work on this project.. and they're going to want their customers to be content with their work on this project. I have little doubt that this product will be as high quality as the A-10C by the time it's completed. I hopped in the A-10C last night for the first time in awhile.. and it simply reminded me how enjoyable a virtual bird she is.

The transitions and roadmap for DCS World 2018 include some rather significant changes and hopefully, some of those changes make it much easier for them to focus on project completion.

If you've been begging for this module for the last 4+ years, put your money where your mouth is imo. Unless you feel like the module is worth $80, which is totally your opinion and nothing wrong with that. Then wait until sometime after Early Access is released.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I'm ok to say that 60 dollars is not a big amount. It's aligned with the video game market princing. BUT this price is the pre-sale price.

What concerns me is the normal price of the module: 80 bucks! It's unprecedented and this becomes expansive. This price-tag might become the 'normal' price for all the new modules to come. And THAT bother me. I know there is much efforts and time put into this module and the study-sim genre is a niche market but voilà, I feel it hard to swallow without any explanation over this particular price rise.

So, what to expect with the modules fragmentation? F/A-18c + SOH Map + 'enhanced' carrier +... ?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I feel it hard to swallow without any explanation over this particular price rise.

I know there is much efforts and time put into this module

how is this not an explanation?

maybe you simply dont want to be satisfied so that you can try to get ed to concede in your favor??? speak truthfully please.

• ED Team
I'm ok to say that 60 dollars is not a big amount. It's aligned with the video game market princing. BUT this price is the pre-sale price.

What concerns me is the normal price of the module: 80 bucks! It's unprecedented and this becomes expansive. This price-tag might become the 'normal' price for all the new modules to come. And THAT bother me. I know there is much efforts and time put into this module and the study-sim genre is a niche market but voilà, I feel it hard to swallow without any explanation over this particular price rise.

So, what to expect with the modules fragmentation? F/A-18c + SOH Map + 'enhanced' carrier +... ?

With the launch of the DCS: F/A-18C pre-purchase, there has been a small but vocal number of folks that have expressed concern about the pricing. To better shed some light on this move, I’d like to explain this rational better:

Over our almost 30 years of business, our pricing policy has, for the most part, gone nearly unchanged. This is despite the ever-rising costs of development. Developing a game in 2018 is far, far most costly than years past. It is not realistic to expect prices to stay the same while costs of development rise.

In addition to Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek making back their enormous financial investments in this project, Boeing must also be accounted for.

Over the past several years, literally millions of dollars have been invested to create this project for a non-mainstream customer base. This project must at least break even.

While many flight simulation developers offset costs by charging for their base-product, we provide it for free… including free map updates like the Caucasus map. The revenue to keep creating new DCS World content must come from somewhere.

If you examine some of our competitor’s products, our Hornet pricing is in fact less.

All that said, we realize that some customers simply do not have the financial resources to afford a $79.99 product. This is a big reason why we are offering the pre-purchase at a $20 discount. To say though that the product is over-priced, is a fallacy given the huge resource/time investment, quality, Hornet features, and 2018 development environment.

• Like 1

$80 is a good price for a study level simulation. The PMDG airliners cost $135 for the 747-400 and $135 for the 777.

• Like 1

This is not a "DLC" one is buying, but instead a full simulator that you buy. You only happen to get a one map (Caucasus) free with it.

For a $60 price, what someone can do? If I would like to go to movies, it is just 14,90€ per ticket (for 2D, for 3D it is 4-5€ more).

For that evening I want to go out to eat then, so it is +15€ easily. Add there transportation etc and we are talking in total for about 40€.

And for that money I get to spend one evening.

With a this simulator, I can clock at least ten times of that value. So 20-30 hours is very easily expected in a year for that.

So, spend a 400€ in a year for same amount of fun, or 49€ for this simulator?

Well... I don't even watch TV as I don't like the movies or TV shows etc... Easy to pick value for this simulator!

But neither I don't need to have that 49€ for a week to feed a couple kids....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

INot in EDs part by any means, I will be deploying in early spring and wont get to fly it until late fall when I get back stateside!

I would pre-order (in fact I already have!)

Late spring is giving them a buffer, in the RPS interview Wags stated that they hope to have it out by early Spring (end of March) so you might be lucky and actually get it before you deploy :)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

strange mental gymnastics you got there.

carrier core functionality has always been an integral part of the base game, so even if the stennis wasnt immediately compatible with the hornet on ea release, it will only be a matter of time before it's updated to work. they've already delivered one set of working carrier-aircraft update with the su-33 -- do you think it was random and unrelated to this pending module?

frankly there is literally nothing to lose by buying in right now.

Mental Gymnastics? No. Expecting the most expensive module yet to be compatible with current already existing tech, or at least a promise of such, is simple.

60 Dollars is a great deal for pre purchase. 80 at early access is still very reasonable.

People these days pay 70-80 Dollars for mainstream AAA games. Other sims are generally more costly despite being run on Ancient engines. ( Cough FSX/P3D SUper Hornet ) Either way people who really want the Hornet will just buy it, and wont need to ask the question "to buy or not to buy"

Its a modern multi mission plane with a Carrier capability. Its got broad appeal to the greater portion of the DCS community for obvious reasons.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

seriously man? after all those years messing our balls over the hornet? :....)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Think of it as saving money as well, $14 bonus credit to put towards Straights of Hormuz, the new carrier and the inevitable Hornet campaigns ;)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

lol wtf? i was expecting like U$D 100 for the F/A 18. Cant believe i will preorder it next month at 60. is like getting it for free.

• Like 1

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10