Fantastic forcefeed stick

The Logitech Wingman Force 3D makes a great force feedback stick for Lomac, Falcon4, etc. You can get them cheap off ebay; as little as $5. I have bought several of them and love them. Here's one I'm bidding on now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170078558031&rd=1&rd=1

For $5 you can't go wrong.

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Oh... I got that stick too. (as my first one a couple years back.) I must say, i was quite disapointed with it. the force feed back was kinda cool but over all, the stick made game play a pain in the @$$. I would save your money and find one of those Microsoft sicks. i have one and still use it on games like MSFS and Search and Rescue (does any one else have that game?) good stick. The X52 still kicks @$$ in lockon and other combat games.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanks for the reply Aeroscout.

Actually, I don't use any of the Logitech stick except for the circuit board. I install these things in the old CH Force FX stick and they work just great. The board and associated device driver is really nice and rock solid. Actually, the only thing that is really bad about the Logitech stick is the pots. It's really not a bad stick except for that; especially for the price!

I know what a horrible rep Logitech gets for their sticks and I just wanted to show the other side a bit.

Don't know anything about the MS sticks except that it's hard to find good prices on them and they work very differently from other sticks which keeps me away from them.

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

• 2 months later...
Oh...I would save your money and find one of those Microsoft sicks. i have one and still use it on games like MSFS and Search and Rescue (does any one else have that game?) good stick. The X52 still kicks @$$ in lockon and other combat games.

How do you get the force feedback working in winxp for the msffp stick? I can get it to recognise and install the drivers but the software isn't supported in winxp so I can't get any effects in games, all I get is full resistance and self centering because I can't control any of the sticks settings other than basic calibration in the gamecontroller section in xp control panel.

I don't think I'd give my x52 up for it but I'd be tempted to make a cyclic of it for BS.

no, if you have an X52, dont even worry about it.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

How do you get the force feedback working in winxp for the msffp stick? I can get it to recognise and install the drivers but the software isn't supported in winxp so I can't get any effects in games, all I get is full resistance and self centering because I can't control any of the sticks settings other than basic calibration in the gamecontroller section in xp control panel.

I don't think I'd give my x52 up for it but I'd be tempted to make a cyclic of it for BS.

Force feed back isn't supported by ED at this time, So that could be the reason why you can't get it to work here ...

Have you been successful with any other applications? If not you might try googling for different drivers.. That worked for me when I was using a MS Stick, back in the day..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

no, if you have an X52, dont even worry about it.

Yea I'll stick with my x52, it's a bit of a shame though as the msffp is still a nice stick and it's in pristine condition, MS just abandoned it when XP came out.

Force feed back isn't supported by ED at this time, So that could be the reason why you can't get it to work here ...

Have you been successful with any other applications? If not you might try googling for different drivers.. That worked for me when I was using a MS Stick, back in the day..

Oh right, I thought the Forcefeedback=true in the producer.cfg enebled FFB, that will explain why I'm not getting any effects then :D

I've managed to get the stick installed and it gives off FFB effects and resistance in FS9, but only if I unplug my X52 otherwise it's a 1fps slide show (known bug) and even at that theres no way to control the forces, it's full power all the way.

I tried it with the helos in Armed assault and it felt quite good with the stiff resistance and self centering but there was no FFB effects as I don't think it's programmed into the game.

I guess it's back in the box with the old MSFFP as it's been pretty much crippled by Microsofts abandonment.

hey Snomhf, great to hear from you, and i see you are still giving away your auctions before you win them :)

my friend has the same stick and the pots have gone in it, this is going to be my source for the pcb's i use to mod the force fx when i finally get around to doing it.

i saw someone mentioned that ED doesn't support ffb, but i seem to recall you had other ideas?

will get it done eventually, now how about a ffb heli pit, oh yeah :)

hows the LOTAS handles going?

Thanks for the reply Aeroscout.

Actually, I don't use any of the Logitech stick except for the circuit board. I install these things in the old CH Force FX stick and they work just great. The board and associated device driver is really nice and rock solid.

How hard is that to do? I've got an old Force FX sitting around somewhere that I'd love to use again. That thing was a great stick.

CanadaDave