Street Light Poles Crash A-10s

Wrecking Crew

Street Light Poles Crash A-10s, v2

These poles should snap off for like 15-20 of them before the A-10 is beat up enough to be destroyed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=176242&stc=1&d=1516066051

Screen_170304_214548.thumb.jpg.e5a8513b132e9d54075576541993343d.jpg

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Really! ONE pole and the A-10 is destroyed! Me thinks these should snap off and cause some damage...

:pilotfly:

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

So....hitting a steel light pole at 400 mph causes damage? Who woulda thought??? You should be able to mow that construction crane right down too.......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Really! ONE pole and the A-10 is destroyed! Me thinks these should snap off and cause some damage...

At the speeds involved, and the energy that increases exponentially, a flake of paint in space can penetrate the wall of a space ship. Why are you so surprised that a single post can bring down an aircraft? They have mass and inertia, which is all you need to make the energy do lots of damage to something travelling at speed.

75mph. Before you say it's no plane, it was a solid motorblock. Nothing more to add...

car+wreck.jpg

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
75mph. Before you say it's no plane, it was a solid motorblock. Nothing more to add...

car+wreck.jpg

At that it should take the wing off, poles and trees have this issue in which they obliterate the entire aircraft instead of just the parts that hit it. Go tap a tree with your landing gear. im waiting :smilewink:

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

Take it from me even a medium sized bird can punch holes into aircraft wings at 250kias - I’ve had it happen. Just like quarter inch cables can saw off whole wings - hence the wartime barrage balloons.

I would have thought that a model that has a 3-4 inch pole shearing off a wing was a reasonable compromise for a designer to build into a simulator. In real life you may get away with it, sometimes, but to expect all parameters to be built into an event like this is unrealistic.

Have you thought of trying to avoid hitting anything with your aircraft while you are flying? A more elegant solution I would have thought.

First 30 seconds

Take it from me even a medium sized bird can punch holes into aircraft wings at 250kias - I’ve had it happen. Just like quarter inch cables can saw off whole wings - hence the wartime barrage balloons.

I would have thought that a model that has a 3-4 inch pole shearing off a wing was a reasonable compromise for a designer to build into a simulator. In real life you may get away with it, sometimes, but to expect all parameters to be built into an event like this is unrealistic.

tumblr_inline_n1ctwjcyNu1sx2bvb.jpg

Link

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link