Coms problem on Multiplayer Server

Ratcatcher

Not sure if anyone can assist, but this is now officially doing my nut in...

I have flown missions both single player and with a friend on my own server and have been able to communicate with the tanker, ATC, etc. This is not a problem.

I have recently tried flying on another server (as for some unknown reason my friend can no longer see the server I have started...this is a whole other story...)

Going onto this other server they have realistic coms set.(I am aware the Harrier only supports simple coms at the moment) The tanker is on UFC 251. Using COM1 there is no preset for that channel. I have tried selecting 251 manually - no joy. I have tried to select a radio channel that is on the preset COM1 (Tonopah) - no joy, no response from the tower.

I have changed my settings from simple coms to see if that would work - no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT - I am of course flying the Harrier, hence posting on this forum. I havent tried any other planes as yet.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thanks for the reply. Yes looks like not having the channel pre selected in the mission editor is the problem.

I have my own tanker mission. I added a tanker com's channel under Com2 preselect. Unticked easy communications and went into the mission. After selecting the tanker channel on Com1, I could make contact with the tanker with no issues.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Manual frequency selection isn't functioning in the AV8B yet, so the mission builders will have to add the presets. They work reversed too at present, with Comm 2 in the mission editor affecting Comm 1 in the aircraft.

No doubt there will be a radio fix arriving some time, but it is anyone's guess as to when.

EDIT: Oh didn't read Neils post very well, so there is a problem with the presets there too?

You could ask the mission developer to add 251 to the presets in the client unit settings. FWIW, I found it on comm2 by default around 10 clicks down, but it's my memory only saying that.

Edited by Pikey
adding

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

EDIT: Oh didn't read Neils post very well, so there is a problem with the presets there too?

You could ask the mission developer to add 251 to the presets in the client unit settings. FWIW, I found it on comm2 by default around 10 clicks down, but it's my memory only saying that.

Thx, yes what Neil was saying is that in the ME Com 2 relates to Com 1 and vice versa, so if you want to have Com1 working you need to add the frequencies to Com2 and the manual input doesn't work at all yet.

Will try and contact the mission host, funny thing is I have seen other aircraft using refuelling (admittedly not Harriers) will also take another look down my channels but pretty sure it wasn't there. But I guess if it's on Com2 it wouldn't work anyway???

BTW, I see your from Reading...small world, I grew up and lived just outside Reading for many years. :)

It may be of course that the mission writers were unaware of the comms bug when they added the Harrier. AFAIK the comms system only works when you use comm 1 in the Harrier to communicate with the tankers.

Ah good point.

Yes thats my understanding too with regard to tanking only on Com1.

Oh well, hopefully the Coms issue will be improved soon. At least its not me being dumb, thats always a good thing! :smilewink: