Su-25t Clickable cockpit

Ghost_awsss

Probably not.

That said, the 25T is actually a pretty decent module. Clicking a switch to turn the batteries on yourself is an interesting "cool" factor, but doesn't really add anything, either. You should give it a whirl.

The Av-8B is an attacker like the A-10, similar systems, etc, just much faster. The Viggen is an attacker also.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'm building a SU-25T cockpit with as many switches and knobs as I can finagle just for this reason!

For me, looking all over for this or that switch and then clicking it with the mouse disrupts immersion even more than the keyboard.

From ST:TWoK--

The Enterprise deactivates the Reliant's shields...

Khan, scanning the defense control panel, looks frantic as he shouts, "Override! Where's the OVERRIDE!?"

Unfortunately 25T is quite rare plane, around 40 ever built in various versions (T, TM, TM experimental) so it is rather not serial production plane.

It was more like test lab for current SM Frogfoots.

What is interesting, now more than 20 years after T Russia is capable of adding TV all weather pod for Su-25SM, making it finally more than just poor bomb\rocket carrier like it was usually up today.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Probably not.

That said, the 25T is actually a pretty decent module. Clicking a switch to turn the batteries on yourself is an interesting "cool" factor, but doesn't really add anything, either. You should give it a whirl.

The Av-8B is an attacker like the A-10, similar systems, etc, just much faster. The Viggen is an attacker also.

""cool" factor, but doesn't really add anything"" - I disagree, ED strive for authenticity, but SU-25 doesn't feel real(except flight model) you press one button and your engine started, press another and all systems ready. It's not just cool feature its immersion. At this point, it needs to be removed from the sim or updated to the proper level. But it is just my opinion.

Yeah but SU-25 has SEAD capabilities with decent range plus we need some Russian aircrafts for balancing reasons. Its weird when you play for Russia and its primary attack aircraft is A-10C.

• Like 1

Unfortunately 25T is quite rare plane, around 40 ever built in various versions (T, TM, TM experimental) so it is rather not serial production plane.

What is interesting, now more than 20 years after T Russia is capable of adding TV all weather pod for Su-25SM, making it finally more than just poor bomb\rocket carrier like it was usually up today.

In my twisted and slightly warped view of my ... ummm ... ReALiTy, I am a multi-trillionbillionaire and was lucky enough to find a SU-25T on Craigslist under “gig wanted”...it even has a color shkval monitor!

:pilotfly:

Have fun up there!

You are wrong. Have been made cheap because this is the main idea. Made it cheap to do the harder and dirty job in front line. It Is a non sense attack front line using smart weapons in a situation you only can do low flight. Cheaper and relatively fast to build. This is key in Su-25 you will not find in Su-25T/TM. That’s why the Su-25SM keep the main base of the A version, simple and cheap to do the most dangerous and risky job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

For FC3 ... with the exception that for a module with Advanced System Modelling remembering keys can become more difficult than remembering where a control is, and that extra difficulty is unrealistic, I agree...

I'd like to see a full DCS module of the initial serial upgrade to the Su-25, but because it would bring greater system depth, not specifically for the clickable cockpit (though I'd like that too)

Cheers.

I think ED has the ability to update all the Russian modern Jets to clickable version, but it never happens, why? No Russian Government authorization. Unless ED would move their studio from Moscow to other neutral countries. But that's impossible, they have their own families....So maybe 20 years later, we can get the clickable ones when all the current jets are not in serivce.

I think ED has the ability to update all the Russian modern Jets to clickable version, but it never happens, why? No Russian Government authorization. Unless ED would move their studio from Moscow to other neutral countries. But that's impossible, they have their own families....So maybe 20 years later, we can get the clickable ones when all the current jets are not in serivce.

Bullshit, they would be sued anywhere.

Clickability has nothing to do with that. It's about systems modeling. You could easily make FC3 clickable, but it's pointless. What matters is the systems modeling behind the switches. Being clickable is about 1% of the workload when creating ASM.

• Like 1

You are wrong. Have been made cheap because this is the main idea. Made it cheap to do the harder and dirty job in front line. It Is a non sense attack front line using smart weapons in a situation you only can do low flight. Cheaper and relatively fast to build. This is key in Su-25 you will not find in Su-25T/TM. That’s why the Su-25SM keep the main base of the A version, simple and cheap to do the most dangerous and risky job.

There is also another reason - the Su-25T/TM are heavier and less agile than the standard -25, so likely less suitable for the "up close and dirty" dive in attacks that Su-25 pilots are trained for.

JJ

Clickability has nothing to do with that. It's about systems modeling. You could easily make FC3 clickable' date=' but it's pointless. What matters is the systems modeling behind the switches. Being clickable is about 1% of the workload when creating ASM.[/quote']

Exactly and considering that the new 6DOF cockpits for FC3 aircraft already have most switches animated and probably also connectors for the clickable overlay in place, its likely even less than 1%.

JJ

I do not agree with your version of explanation why basic Su-25 is so.... basic and raw.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 4 weeks later...
Will we ever see clickable cockpit in Su-25t? It would be nice to have an alternative to A-10C. I can't bring myself to fly current model, I'm just missing all the switches from other modules and keyboard shortcuts just not giving that realistic filling.

This video is what got me started on my simpit:

Note that the switches in-game generally won't move (unless they currently do, like the weapons panel switches), but this will give you the ability to use actual switches in realistic locations when flying (including the landing gear lever!)

Almost all switches will have to be "momentary". Since the computer will only recognize one keyboard (even though both are connected), you can use whatever switches you have ready and ALSO you can use the regular KB for commands as needed.

My keyboard adapter, sorry I don't have any "in progress" pics but they were probably deleted:

1137126280_keyboardadapter.thumb.JPG.4a5dd00d51990fb24da506c476935e63.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

comon guys the russian gov dont give a s***t about ED , the only reason they're not making russian full fidelity planes is all about the "money".

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 months later...
Exactly and considering that the new 6DOF cockpits for FC3 aircraft already have most switches animated and probably also connectors for the clickable overlay in place, its likely even less than 1%.

So would anyone prioritize the Su-25 over something like the current F/A-18? Is the Su-25SM actually flown and is it true about needing permission to model the systems from the government?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:)

VZ_342, did you look at mmjoy2? Easier then hacking a real keyboard.

Keyboard terminal is easy to wire once it’s built, and I like building things. Plus, a $3 keyboard with 2 terminal boards is still less than $5.

But, to each their own.

:)

comon guys the russian gov dont give a s***t about ED , the only reason they're not making russian full fidelity planes is all about the "money".
Yeap, they said that in the Russian forums. Hornet and Falcon modules are a thousand times more profitable than a Fulcrum or a Flanker.

It's sad, but it's what they think.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

it's good to have click-able cockpit for current free Su-25T, to introduce full simulation for all the Free player.

I suggest to add Su-25TM as flyable, to experience the Kopyo radar pod. give Su-25TM as free module or low cost module for newbies to experience the radar system.

since A-10C was full click able, it's good to get A-10A for click able, + Su-25A if Su-25T did it.

Personally, I'd love to fly any flavour of Su-25 as a full-fidelity module with clickable cockpit - and yes, I would rather fly it than the Hornet or such like.

I regularly fly the Su-25A and T in DCS World because I like the aircraft and their systems (I like a challenge, which most modern western aircraft are not much of) and it pains me that I have to remember all of the assignments when flying in VR.

Much easier to fly in VR, flicking switches instead of trying to remember which HOTAS button or key to press.

imo it will never happen - but I won't be buying any more of the same stuff, or under-utilised terrains - regret buying the Hornet, now I know the F-16 is coming. In all hoinesty, I'm reaching the limit with this sim. Some nice, appropriate Russian aircraft would change that. I know there are some 3rd party ones in the pipeline, but I'll reserve judgement on those.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2