OpenHornet F/A-18C 1:1 SimPit (WIP)

jrsteensen

You don't point IRIS at the virtual cockpit. You export the MFD device from DCS which gives IRIS a static version of the MFD (or whatever you want to send) to go over the network.

what would be streamed if you were looking around outside for example?

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

So the center pedestal was bugging me. Went back and redid it. Added the lower ECS vents (though I didnt have a dimension for how far aft they extend. 1" seems to be the right ratio based on the very very few photos of that area I had.) Also reduced MDF screws by 2/3s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DCS has built-in duplication of the MFD's, you just render them on a scecond monitor (or off screen) by editing a .lua inputting the coordinates to start the render.

It's what is normally used with Helios and a secondary, directly attached monitor.

What kind of monitor would be used for this project? Any ideas?

I can't seem to find a suitable format (but i'm quite new to this.

cheers

B

I see 1000 psi in the picture (Digital) without any kind of display.

Something wrong maybe !

No place for digital display there !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm sorry. I dont know what you are talking about?

I see 1000 psi in the picture (Digital) without any kind of display.

Something wrong maybe !

No place for digital display there !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

There is no digital display, the '1000 X psi' is just a label, you are supposed to multiply the gauge value by 1000

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

:thumbup: Looks fantastic!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi Guys.

Been trying to join for last few months applied 3 times but no response.

Please advise on how to gain access.

Thanks

Been trying to join what? I sent out emails to everyone who made dev team applications yesterday. We dont have any plans available to the public yet.

I got the okay from Lipstick-06 (wife) last month, so as was looking for plans for a Hornet SimPit...Now I await your release of the plans!!

THe rnederings look really cool.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

• 4 weeks later...

Auto-throttle servos? Genius.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai