OpenHornet F/A-18C 1:1 SimPit (WIP)

jrsteensen

And the pedals are done, and integrated into the pit. No mods required to the Crosswinds.

[ATTACH]201739[/ATTACH]

They have about 7 inches of electric adjustment, then can be manually slid back and forth on a rail and locked in place so you can place the CL of that 7 inches wherever you need to.

As a MFG Crosswinds user, I can only say SWEET!

Looking forward to the point where we can start approximating your excellent work in our own pits.

I couldnt have done it without RandomTroubledMinds work on the pedals and his meticulous work on reference models for me to work from.

Speaking of, here is the release of the pedals. It's about a 15 hour print per pedal. Hope you guys enjoy them - they install on your Crosswinds pedals with your stock pedal HW.

https://workbench.grabcad.com/workbench/projects/gcCsuFphr191MNK1hqtDKjijgQCBU_-ITV8Xu8nxLG-1SC#/space/gcIa1SQPPS0hxTytOzdhNwV22PVTUSm0S1dRDv-nNKRnPs/folder/3132395

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fantastic work! many thanks! I'm going to download and give these a whirl on my printer.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

IIRC he said he used .20 layer height at 30 degree infil. These were a test print of PLA, so not sure how they will hold up - I'll probably print them out of PET.

thanks buddy, that helps.

you're a 'Zonie too? ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This is so awesome guys. Printing the pedals now. Looking good so far.

As someone who is trying to make my own hornet pit (I’m about half way done), I can really apreciate all the work you are putting in to this. Can’t wait to see your finished product!

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

What is the width from the sidewalls? I'd like to see if it is too narrow for my car seat I am using.

Mine measured 55cm from the outside left pedal to the outside right pedal, and about 27cm from the inside left pedal to the inside right pedal when mounted on the crosswinds.

Edited by WARonWAR

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

Thanks WARonWAR,

another question. About the ABSIS shields for the nano and the mega, how is that going ot work? is it something that will be available online somewhere or we will have to build it from scratch, I am just not sure how ABSIS works.

thanks

Beazle

Amazing work thanks a lot for the insane amoujnt of work you guys are doing!!

What is the width from the sidewalls? I'd like to see if it is too narrow for my car seat I am using.

Beazle

Thanks WARonWAR,

another question. About the ABSIS shields for the nano and the mega, how is that going ot work? is it something that will be available online somewhere or we will have to build it from scratch, I am just not sure how ABSIS works.

thanks

Beazle

21 inches (~533.4mm) from between L console to R console where the seat mounts.

The ABSIS shields will be released with our design, but it will ultimately be on the user to have them fabricated and to purchase the components and solder them together. Due to quantities required, we are thinking about selling a run on the site since the min buy QTYs will be greater than what you need for assembly. (More along the lines of organizing group buys to drive economies of scale and QTY discounts.) Nothing for sure on that front though.

I have another question jrsteensen; I was looking at the systeme architecture. I notice that it is divided in left, center and right console. And if I understand well, mega boards and nano boards have to be wired together. Can you explain me how is that achieved or what is the name of the process so I can do research on the topic please? Also for power is your design going to use wallwart?

Thanka

Beazle

I have another question jrsteensen; I was looking at the systeme architecture. I notice that it is divided in left, center and right console. And if I understand well, mega boards and nano boards have to be wired together. Can you explain me how is that achieved or what is the name of the process so I can do research on the topic please? Also for power is your design going to use wallwart?

Thanka

Beazle

The boards are networked via a number of RS485 slaves into a RS485 Master. The Master is connected to a USB hub. The system will be powered via various power buses/power supplies.

• 3 weeks later...