OpenHornet F/A-18C 1:1 SimPit (WIP)

jrsteensen

What does the update timeline look like for starting to make the files available?
Unfortunately, going to have to stick with our normal answer of, "When they are ready." Trying to not rush this out the door. A lot of design work still, followed by a significant QA process to try to catch as many errors as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ARE THESE FOR SALE?

They will be available free of charge when completed. I believe they are accepting donations on their site if anyone wanted show support since these guys are doing this for free and on their free time.

ARE U SELLING THESE

Already answered numerous times in this thread....the answer is no, is it that difficult to just read?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

OK SORRY IM NEW HERE. I DIDNT SEE IT. BUT UR WORK LOOKS GREAT. IM ABOUT TO BUY ONE FROM ANOTHER MAKER. IF U GET EM TO SELLING POINT. LET ME KNOW ASAP. TY

These plans are not and will not be for sale. They will he released for free to the public because they are only the plans (blue prints) to use to build your own cockpit using parts and labor you source or hand build yourself. Keywords being YOU and BUILD. These are not full pits. I know you're new here, bro, but you really might want to spend some time skimming through the previous posts to avoid asking questions and receiving answers that have literally been posted more than a 30 times. Its proper "forum etiquette". Just subscribe to this thread and you will receive updates on it and know the current status

And please stop typing all in caps, it is incredibly rude.

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 2 weeks later...

So its starting to look like a real pit. These screen caps are from before I'd done much more than mirror the left console to the right console. The face of the right console and AUX are not correct.

The left console will be build ready once I finish the throttle (down the line), and finish the brake pressure gauge and brake handle.

Right console currently needs to have the face finished up, what I can do of the AUX, and integrating the servo and linkage system for the pitch control of the stick for ACLS landings.

Unfortunately, looks like I mis-selected my steppers for the gauges so they all are going to have to be redesigned. Going to go with the common VID29 stepper for the gauges, with a 360* mod where required. I am trying to find a dual stepper of the same series to drive the coax needle gauges. (Very much would appreciate any pointers or direction there.)

WIP_FULL1_3OCT18.thumb.jpg.1d4b31e7c413e1d0d34bda726b1234f3.jpg WIP_FULL2_3OCT18.thumb.jpg.b5e54008abe65935d9cb4d9460619441.jpg WIP_FULL4_3OCT18.thumb.jpg.071a11048c15d58dedabc24b4eb71cdc.jpg

DSP,

Judging by the data sheet, that looks like exactly what I need. Do you know where I can find a drawing of it so I can make the CAD model? A preliminary search didnt turn it up. I was able to find the VID29 drawing though.

Looking seriously impressive guys. How did the prototypeing of the interface pcbs go?
We decided the 0603 components were going to be just too small for most people to comfortably hand solder, so we are redesigning with larger components.

DSP,

Judging by the data sheet, that looks like exactly what I need. Do you know where I can find a drawing of it so I can make the CAD model? A preliminary search didnt turn it up. I was able to find the VID29 drawing though.

I used this this drawing (under manuals) for my own designs