104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;3388190']Today's fixes and updates, post #2 updated.

Fixes

-Refuelling on RED FARPs now can only be accomplished by the ATZ-10 - Fixed

+1 for you sir!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Holy, just had the most awesome DCS moments since months....

In the A-10C attacking Sakhumi after it has been captured by REDs

Just rifled all my Mavs at the SA-11 SR and 2xTOR and a Strela-10

Was goin in for some GBU drops, when I get a Su-27 nails from the NW -> Missile Launch

Jettison all my stores and go defencive putting the bandit on my 6 and doing snakes. Bandit breaks off to engage friendly CAP and I extend SE, while extending I see that the Flanker splashes the friendly F-15.

I look in front of me and see new missile trails, another flanker from the East engaging a friendly Harrier and gets him.

He wastes no more time and launches head on with me. I break hard left, right, barrel roll (7G peak) I look to my side and I saw at least 4 missile trails. Look behind me see a fire in the water, message in the chat that the bandit killed himself, I guess he broke his wings off.

The original bandit is still out there ! I look behind me still extending SE and I can clearly see him, because of the Sun behind him. It was dawn, so the sun was just at the horizon behind him, illuminating him.

I say to myself, well I can't outrun him so lets fight, turn back in, but it looks like he doesn't see me looking into the darkness. FOX 2 on his face, splash, but to me, visually, he is still going (at the time in the chat I got a kill message which I didn't notice, guess the pilot died)

He goes for a vertical climb and I try to follow(guess when he died the jet was trimmed in such a way), with a fox-2, but the missile couldn't turn in time.

His jet was at the peak of a loop and I had no time to switch to the gun funnel, just lead him with the gun cross and guns guns, ripping his jet into two pieces and myself stalling out at 120 knots.

I live to tell this story and RTB

I return home, re-arm and head back out. By this time it is pitch dark outside.

I am back at the AO , 10 miles out, just finished marking my targets, rolling in with Mavs...

AWACS, calls out MERGED, and I am like.... not again, I don't want to drop my stuff. Maybe it is another ground attack jet.

29 spike 7 o'clock, missile launch close. Going for a dive and jettisoning the weapons at the same time, I pop up the night vision and I clearly see the missile trail and do a last moment scissor to dodge it.

I keep pulling hard and can clearly see the bandit and his burner in night vision, but it seems like he lost me. I fox 2 on him on the pass, but the missile can't turn as much. He extends to engage somebody else, but I still see his burner, fox 2 on his ass, splash MiG-29.

RTB.... Awesome.

Sorry for the long post

Edited by BIGNEWY
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hot Fix 2 is available for 2.5

We are NOT updating our server right now as we are very happy with the current stability however you CAN update your client and STILL JOIN the 104th server!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3389401#post3389401

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I wish I had recorded it....

But sadly not everyone has an 1080ti and can record smoothly

104th_Buckeye is my witness xD

Confirmed, I was on comms with Shadow throughout the entire first engagement (I was on the ground). His post summarized exactly how it went down very well, will likely be 2-3 minutes of his DCS career he will never forget :thumbup: One of the first things he said after splashing the second guy was "Damn I wish I had that on video!" lmao :megalol:

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I was going to join you fine gentleman tonight but alas I saw that the player export lua has been turned off. As previously discussed this is a requirement for the gametrix jetseat and thus a requirement for me. If it's because people are unable to conduct themselves like men and use it to cheat I completely understand why it is turned off. I am but a lowly Huey driver and harrier student who insists on conducting myself honorably... but will do so elsewhere if I can't use mah . I have really enjoyed this past week playing on this fantastic server. -Costco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I had recorded it....

But sadly not everyone has an 1080ti and can

104th_Buckeye is my witness xD

Replay the track ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

I was going to join you fine gentleman tonight but alas I saw that the player export lua has been turned off. As previously discussed this is a requirement for the gametrix jetseat and thus a requirement for me. If it's because people are unable to conduct themselves like men and use it to cheat I completely understand why it is turned off. I am but a lowly Huey driver and harrier student who insists on conducting myself honorably... but will do so elsewhere if I can't use mah . I have really enjoyed this past week playing on this fantastic server. -Costco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So that's why my Voice Attack + VAICOMPRO wouldn't work the last couple days :doh: I'm glad I spent hours (literally 2-3 hours) yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack, VAICOM, DCS 2.5 and then restarting and reloading DCS + Longbow over and over again (5-10 minutes a time) and tweaking a million different things with my computer trying to figure out what TF was going on. Wish I had just thought to simply check that Player Exports was turned back off again for some reason...didn't even cross my mind as I thought that ship had sailed. I'm an idiot.

I also have a custom made JetSeat SE from Andre that should be in the mail any day now. Fingers crossed this setting goes back on in the very short term....otherwise I've wasted $285 under the assumption it was On for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Does anyone know if SRS works with the Gazelle? I'm currently flying with a buddy (I'm co-pilot). Radios are tuned to 243 and 128, but nobody is responding. Works fine in the Huey.
Hardly ever hear any traffic on 243. Instead I tune 257.800 there's ideally some more traffic.

Btw is Multicrew fixed in gazelle or still buggy?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Hardly ever hear any traffic on 243. Instead I tune 257.800 there's ideally some more traffic.

Btw is Multicrew fixed in gazelle or still buggy?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Multicrew still pretty bad. ADF radios won't sync, Viviane out of sync etc. Still good fun though. Hopefully the devs will address the myriad of issues.

xytKcV6.jpg

Today from 18:00zulu we are conducting a Stress Test on the 104th Server. We will put the client limit up to 100 and see how many clients the server can handle before it breaks!

Please come and help us get new data on server client limits!

www.zulutime.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad