104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

The JTAC will not move himself to a better observation position.

You have to pick the spot carefully: it has to be within 10NM and in line of sight to the enemy units.

He will only lase what he can see directly from his initial position.

He has to be kept out of weapon range of the enemy units.

Thank you Shadoga.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the bug reports guys, keep them coming in!

A little Longbow update.

I know things have been slow update wise over the past couple of weeks, I am working hard on a major update for the mission that will add an additional 4 airbases to the capture list.

We are opening up the North of the map with the introduction of Beslan, Nalchik, Mozdok and Min Vody to the fold!

Sadly however we have ran in to a stumbling block and the mission crashes upon loading, I have made the developers aware and they are working on a fix after running the mission through the debug version of DCS.

This could take some time to work out so in the mean time I ask for your patience, I will do what I can over the next couple of days to get a mini update out, possible with the HAWK sites removed to work around the invisible units issue.

Hopefully within a week or two we can launch the updated version with the new airbases!

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN PART IN LONGBOW!

And to the superstars who recently donated to the Squadron... a huge thanks to you guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3413364']Thanks for the bug reports guys, keep them coming in!

A little Longbow update.

I know things have been slow update wise over the past couple of weeks, I am working hard on a major update for the mission that will add an additional 4 airbases to the capture list.

We are opening up the North of the map with the introduction of Beslan, Nalchik, Mozdok and Min Vody to the fold!

Sadly however we have ran in to a stumbling block and the mission crashes upon loading, I have made the developers aware and they are working on a fix after running the mission through the debug version of DCS.

This could take some time to work out so in the mean time I ask for your patience, I will do what I can over the next couple of days to get a mini update out, possible with the HAWK sites removed to work around the invisible units issue.

Hopefully within a week or two we can launch the updated version with the new airbases!

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN PART IN LONGBOW!

And to the superstars who recently donated to the Squadron... a huge thanks to you guys!

Would you all be willing to implement spawn limits (similar to BF) to help mitigate it always devolving into a constant FC3 missile fest? I feel like it always ends up being endless fighter vs fighter and the lack of “penalty” for death just makes people banzai in sortie after sortie.

Just a thought...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Would you all be willing to implement spawn limits (similar to BF) to help mitigate it always devolving into a constant FC3 missile fest? I feel like it always ends up being endless fighter vs fighter and the lack of “penalty” for death just makes people banzai in sortie after sortie.

Just a thought...

Or an air frame number limitation is a different approach to this.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

With help by other Red-side guys, cleared all Blue-side ground vehicles with Ka-50 to Sukumi airbase yesterday and flew around the area not getting shot at in daytime to verify no hostile action remained.

Later flew in night-time conditions flew in to Sukhumi with Mi-8 carrying one set standard troops, landed at airbase, released troops.

Base did not change to Red-side occupied.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or an air frame number limitation is a different approach to this.

I frequent often enough the 104th server since the 2.5 OpenBeta.

My observation is, nothing much has changed on the 104th server, still mostly air-to-air duels by the airdales (Navy-speak).

Side-note : I have SRS radio properly setup. Red-side does not use it, at least not on the GCI frequency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I frequent often enough the 104th server since the 2.5 OpenBeta.

My observation is, nothing much has changed on the 104th server, still mostly air-to-air duels by the airdales (Navy-speak).

Side-note : I have SRS radio properly setup. Red-side does not use it, at least not on the GCI frequency.

Yep....no communication on red side...often. Sad.

If Sukhumi does not turn red there´s clearly enemy asset hidden somewhere. Had a hard time to find a still intact AA unit that was out of ammo on Sochi last time burried almost beyond a burned wrack of a truck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

BLUF: No one says that anymore.

Airedales (correct spelling) refers to all pilots (and comes from the name of a breed of terrier), was used by the black shoes and has fallen out of favor because no one uses WWII era colloquialisms anymore. In Navy-speak the community to which you are referring were the "Fighter Pukes" (Vietnam-era jargon), as was used mostly by the attack guys, because fighter pilots are annoying, because they're like Texans. If you want to know if someone is a fighter pilot or a Texan, just wait. They'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them.

Since the demise of the F-4, F-14, A-4, A-6 and A-7, they are all just pilots now.

When I did Builder A-School 1974 in the Bees, one of the guys\classmates was an E-5 former aircraft carrier top deck guy airdale on his 2nd enlistment and was changing ratings. Ditto had a Nam E-5 Marine that changed to Navy with us doing same.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Using Mi-8 at FARP Zemo placed manpad units all around the FARP far enough out that the troops did deploy.

A little bit later on a Harrier came through and on 3 separate high speed passes (I was there!) killed off all the GVs. Not one manpad unit fired rockets or gun fire.

104th' current server is a bit flawed playing RED-side.

Red-side negative crap needs to be fixed.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yee the Igla is a better paperweight atm except against helicopters.

unless there is a red country with stinger not much can be done I fear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Operation Longbow has some great sidemissions and all, I really like it!

But why all the night focus?

I live in northern Europe and everytime I get home from work around 6PM there is "Night ops" going on in Operation Longbow. I think that majority of the players (except a few hard-core CAS pilots) rather fly during daylight for a number of reasons and the playernumbers reflect it.

I like occasional night ops, but please either bring down the night the time or make sure that the

night time is shifted around more, cause It is not as fun unless your flying Av8b or something else with NVG capability.

It's not really a "night focus" it just kinda goes through the day/night cycle. The server also starts at different times when it restarts, sometimes night, sometimes not.

Sadly, in the same boat as you, almost always gotta fly in the dark =(. One thing people have been doing is turning differed shading off at night to help visibility, haven't tried it myself but, they say it makes it playable.

It is fun to get in a dogfight with the A-10 at night. If you they get them in a dogfight, you just flip on the NVGs and watch their burner and them frantically turn and try to find you in the darkness.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ka-50 : MUCH_IMPROVED_COCKPIT_LIGHTING for Night Ops

You can join MP using modded cockpit for better vision at night and play with other players that don't have it?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Both mods pass the Integrity Check.

Maybe Eagle Dynamics should put these 2 guys on their payroll or at least as advisers...

NVG quality with or without the mods is the same!

Just better able to see the cockpit instruments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not really a "night focus" it just kinda goes through the day/night cycle. The server also starts at different times when it restarts, sometimes night, sometimes not.

Sadly, in the same boat as you, almost always gotta fly in the dark =(. One thing people have been doing is turning differed shading off at night to help visibility, haven't tried it myself but, they say it makes it playable.

I am retired. I have lots of free time and only need 4 to 6 hours of sleep. PO's my wife. I am up all different hours. Nice and quiet in the house after 11 PM.

Night missions play at all times of the day or night or wee early AM hours New York, USA time zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am flying at very 'Euro' times the last few days, mostly on blue, and there is ZERO communication between people. Especially CAP don't even react to chat, basically if people don't work together, there is no reason to even take off.

Please even if you are a noob, atleast react on chat. Reading the briefing in the first post also helps, since it's pretty obvious who didn't do it when we have everything up to Guduata and people take off from Vaziani area.

Edit: On red only one pilot on comms too, this is quite annoying. With north american pilots(or atleast people flying in that timezone) I have generally a much higher SR/TS ratio. :P

Edited by ApoNOOB

I am flying at very 'Euro' times the last few days, mostly on blue, and there is ZERO communication between people. Especially CAP don't even react to chat, basically if people don't work together, there is no reason to even take off.

Please even if you are a noob, atleast react on chat. Reading the briefing in the first post also helps, since it's pretty obvious who didn't do it when we have everything up to Guduata and people take off from Vaziani area.

Edit: On red only one pilot on comms too, this is quite annoying. With north american pilots(or atleast people flying in that timezone) I have generally a much higher SR/TS ratio. :P

Even the Blue SRS comms during North American peak times has been pretty scarce as of late, to be honest. Adoption of SRS definitely seems to have declined lately on the server, not sure why. It's really disappointing, I am hoping more and more guys will get motivated to get SRS set up and use it as it's intended :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It's really frustrating, people just fly into their personal lonewolf hell, ragequit after two trys anyway... GCI I don't even need to start if only one or two pilots are on SR.

Just now I saw the whole red team over senaki get wrecked by a bunch of single eagles (who are def. not working together on SR either haha) which, honestly, would not have posed a problem if more than one guy would have listened on SR.

When ED implements their own integrated variant of VON / radio comms into DCS it will generate far more activity. Eventually, combined arms will be a natural ingredient in every mission, with players acting as atc, gci, Awacs and jtac.

But until then...