Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

With some preparation and reading of the Delta simulation web site, this upgrade was easy to install and calibrate.

Each module requires its own curves for the best results, but without doubt this upgrade truly makes the Warthog throttle top notch.

It now controls my gazelle and KA50's targeting cameras perfectly... finally the KA-50's shkval can slew 45 degrees perfectly!....

Highly recommended to the Hawg pilots out there.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Andrew popped by for a cup of tea and dropped 1978 off while he was here. I gotta tell you, the Royals must be busy delivering all that mail...

The timing is good...and bad. Working on the O-PIT and the Throttle gets bolted into the left console soon, but some parts were missing/didn't fit, so not until after WWIII (4th of July at my house, in a state where fireworks are illegal) and I get back from a business trip.

Based on everyone else's comments I'm not expecting any problems.

<edit>

So...since I'm missing parts to put the O Pit together I put the slew update in. The only way it could have been easier is if someone was shipped with the parts to actually install them for you. Hopped into a guns-only mission I have set up to test, did what any red-blooded Naval pilot would have done in that situation...shot the bandit in the face with a missile (credibility is DOWN, kill ratio is UP), then played with the slew locking up the other available target. Nothing but goodness.If you have a warthog it's more than worth the cost and the wait.

</edit>

Edited by Raisuli

Order received today, installation and calibration with the provided instructions was a walk in the park and only took 5 min.

10 of 10 would buy and wait for ages like a child for christmas again :thumbup:

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello again! I would like to post another video showing a slew issue that I never noticed before the upgrade. However I am quite sure that it is NOT caused by Deltas mod and perhaps it might even be a feature for added realism. But still I wanted to show and ask for your opinion.

The "problem" is a heavy stuttering when slewing slowly. It does not always occur. I guess it might depend on range or whatever. It is very noticeable when zoomed in. Very interesting: the stutter is completely gone when I switch to active pause -> instantly buttery smooth slewing. Switching back -> stutter. So perhaps this is simulating a behaviour of the real TGP which is deactivated during active pause? I don't know but it is quite annoying.

Do you encounter the same stutters? Can you enlighten me whether it is a bug in the engine or a feature? Thank you very much and please excuse the shitty video with an annoying auto focus.

Edited by Hive

Do you encounter the same stutters? Can you enlighten me whether it is a bug in the engine or a feature? Thank you very much and please excuse the shitty video with an annoying auto focus.

My TGP does the some and always did.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just installed mine today, what a night and day difference. Worth every penny.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I use square, since that’s the shape of the displays (DDIs) - works great for me!

Which does not affect the freedom or feeling of movement of the ministick or how to cursor travels. Its just your personal preference. I prefer the round one, since i want the cursor/ministick movement relation to be even in every direction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi !

Order #2027 received today(France) and product is just like advertised.

Installed in about 20mn (And I'm not very good at hand work and was cooking chicken legs on

BBQ).

Then tested with A-10: works really very very well ! A real pleasure to use it. (Now, the chicken is burnt).

I've the feeling that I lost six years of my life with the old 'mouse' stick... Buy it !

Thank you very much DAL 1 !

is there any way to check where I am in the order list or a rough ETA?

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

is there any way to check where I am in the order list or a rough ETA?

This thread helps you understand that. I am order 2052. Just received today.

My installation also took around 15-20 mins: it was easy... just follow the instructions. I probably had the most problem with calibration... do a search for Thrustmaster Warthog Calibration v1.07 to find the exe you need. That took me as long as the install itself to figure that out. Now I am playing around with DCS curves to get the TDC sensitivity just right for the Hornet.

Thanks to Delta Sim: it is a nice product. Good design, good instructions (but maybe link to the calibration software would be useful) and actually very well manufactured (high quality 3D printed parts, not low quality prints and beautifully soldered PCB... very professional... makes Thrustmasters PCBs look like amateur hour). Not inexpensive, but a worthwhile upgrade.

Well done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m #2149. Patiently waiting for mine. It almost seems like this is the same kind of slew control that’s on the T.16000m. I recently switched to the warthog and I miss that control. Hope this is near the same.

ok, where do i find my number?

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

ok, where do i find my number?

If your order was taken, then you get a confirmation email from Delta Simulation Electronics titled "Order #2052 Confirmed"... well 2052 was my order number, but you get the idea.

If you did not receive such an email then maybe there is a problem with your order, or maybe you need to check your junk mail folder?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ahhh, got it junk folder #2137.

Thanks all

order 2065 arrived today.

installation is easy they said!

It was easy enough unscrewing the throttle, then the fun started, I think someone else has had a problem with short ribbon cables. The bottom one on mine was so short the throttle side wouldn't come off more than about 1/2 an inch. I have an early warthog throttle and it may be this cable is longer on later ones.

To complete the installation i had to remove the other side of the throttle, luckily this is relatively easy. Remove the throttle detant cover and there are two small screws at the base of the side cover, push the throttle fully forward, lift like lifting over the detent and you can access the first screw. push the throttle all the way back and do the same for the second screw. this gives you access to unplug the cable and free the other side of the throttle, installation was then a breeze.

when plugging the cable back in it helps to have a pair of small pin nosed plyers to hold the plug.

there were no problems with calibration,

Hope this helps anyone else who also finds short ribbon cables on opening their throttle.

• Thanks 1

Oh... still another 100 before I will received mine (#2165).

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Nice little business for Delta Electronics. 2165 @ £40ish... revenues of £86,000 or so. I imagine that margins are quite good. Good for him for spotting this little niche and designing something that works nicely.

For anyone on the fence about whether it is worth an upgrade, yeah... I think it is worth £40. Thrustmaster dropped the ball and this guy picked it up and ran with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ahhh, got it junk folder #2137.

Thanks all

When ordering you get an estimated dispatch time. Proably 2 months or so. Thats pretty close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]