Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Re-calibrated again but this time went really gentle on the release and it seems to be fine again. I must have been letting it flick back during the calibration.

Sorry but I am also having the same problem as you described above, so during calibration I should not let the it flick back during calibration?

Do I have to keep it put on the right and left during the calibration process?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

So my oder just shipped. I know that it comes with a round plate, and a square one. What is the difference in use and which one do most use? Also is one better for certain applications?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Fantastic upgrade.

I've been running mine in Star Citizen for strafing (up/down, left, right). I have a mean curve applied to the input to make it less sensitive and usable for precision strafing and landing.

Anyone with a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle needs this upgrade.

Can you share your profile with me? I am having a really hard time with SC

joystick

joystick 1

joystick 2

joystick 3

eek!

and I have the analog mod too so really want that strafing feature as well.. seems like the way to fly an SC ship

UPDATE: Order 3551

Order 3551

03/11/2020 - Order placed

04/27/2020 - Shipping notice received

05/26/2020 - Order received in PA, USA

05/27/2020 - Controller installed and calibrated in < 30 minutes taking my time

EXCELLENT PRODUCT. Should be standard on the TMWH HOTAS!

Thanks!

Order 3746 is in and installed. Thanks so much. Had tracking feature and it was torture watching it go place to place.:lol: When it said to be delivered today it was Christmas again waiting. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Order 3817 is bneen shipped.

There is an option for a Square or Round rear placement.

What is the general consensus for what people have chosen or doesn’t it really matter as it’s only aesthetics -Yes I know that it does have a use just asking what peoples preference is -?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Order 3817 is bneen shipped.

There is an option for a Square or Round rear placement.

What is the general consensus for what people have chosen or doesn’t it really matter as it’s only aesthetics -Yes I know that it does have a use just asking what peoples preference is -?

Wondering the same thing.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Wondering the same thing.

If you’re not sure I would go with the square to start with, that gives you the maximum range of movement and full use of the axis.

The round is a little more realistic for some aircraft, and also more similar to a normal game pad. It also allows you to swing all the way around the outside more smoothly with hitting the corners, but at the cost of some range of motion on the diagonals.

Give them both try and see what you prefer, there is really no right or wrong :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

If you’re not sure I would go with the square to start with, that gives you the maximum range of movement and full use of the axis.

The round is a little more realistic for some aircraft, and also more similar to a normal game pad. It also allows you to swing all the way around the outside more smoothly with hitting the corners, but at the cost of some range of motion on the diagonals.

Give them both try and see what you prefer, there is really no right or wrong :)

I Appreciate your explanation very useful.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Ditto on the thznks!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Woohoo!!!

Mine has arrived order 3817. Looks like a nice piece of kit:thumbup:

Will find some time to set it up.

Cheers

Ok, I installed the new Slew upgrade without issue and ran the programme to calibrate it.

Had a very quick play with it and it seems to be doing it’s job. Much better freedom of movment and accuracy than the standard one.

The actual Slew upgrade arrived on due date and was packaged professionally. The item is well presented and of good quality.

Many thanks Delta Sim Electronics:thumbup:

Still waiting on 3633

Order placed on Mar 30, order number 3633, shipping to Chicago, IL

Shipped on May 7'th

Have not yet received it, still waiting... so patiently waiting....:book:

Hopefully it shows up this week sometime!

Order placed on Mar 30, order number 3633, shipping to Chicago, IL

Shipped on May 7'th

Have not yet received it, still waiting... so patiently waiting....:book:

Hopefully it shows up this week sometime!

Unfortunately you're not alone, there are a number of orders shipping in April/May that have still not arrived.

For anyone interested, international shipping in normal carried almost exclusively as cargo on passenger flights. Due to Covid-19 there are hardly any flights so the is nowhere near enough air cargo capacity, so orders need to wait for ages to even get on a flight. Apparently USPS have even resorted to putting stuff in shipping containers and then on a ships the old way.

Orders to the US for example normally fly to the closest international hub to the destination (NY/Chicago/LA/Seattle) but at the moment they are just going to whichever they can.

Customs is them snowed under and probably understaffed, so it takes ages to clear. And then it still needs to be sent all the way across the counties in some cases.

Everything will get through eventually, there should be more air capacity coming in June which will help. Patience is key :thumbup:

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Just received order number 3633, woo woo, something about patience and virtue!

Installed and calibrated in 20 minutes.

Almost perfect, when pushing down and letting go it does not quite return to center and same thing with right. Up/left it returns to dead center. Hopefully it "wears in" and goes to dead center every time soon. Will write more as i iron out the kinks.

Upon further analysis, the center has a little mechanical "play", i may be able to remove this with some deadzone. Maybe go back to 10 on the deadzone settings in the a10_calibration.txt file.

Disregard the last two paragraphs, while the dead center "slop" appears in windows, in DCS there is no movement and the play has no bearing. It's working perfectly.

Otherwise the difference is staggering and eye opening. No one was kidding when they said it's like night and day and that this kit is excellent.

Edited by shredluc

I hope deltaalphalima1 is clearing a reasonable profit margin on this, because this makes the Warthog a lot better and he is clearly cranking them out as fast as he can. I bought two because I have two Warthog throttles and I will be getting around to installing and testing my 2nd one very soon. I can't recommend this enough for people who have Warthog throttles and would like a decent analog thumb stick.

Keep cranking them out and supplying the community!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Thrustmaster was smart, they would just cancel their existing contract for the slew and contract directly to deltaalphalima1.

Although it may be a little late in the cycle at this point. I'm not sure a lot of folks are buying the warthog with the other premium flight sticks/throttles appearing on the market place in the last couple of years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the warthog is a net loss for Thrustmaster.

If Thrustmaster was smart, they would just cancel their existing contract for the slew and contract directly to deltaalphalima1.

Although it may be a little late in the cycle at this point. I'm not sure a lot of folks are buying the warthog with the other premium flight sticks/throttles appearing on the market place in the last couple of years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the warthog is a net loss for Thrustmaster.

The warthog has been in production as is for over 10 years, if you check the serial number database there are over 100,000 in circulation, I'm pretty sure they have covered their losses by this point.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

The warthog has been in production as is for over 10 years, if you check the serial number database there are over 100,000 in circulation, I'm pretty sure they have covered their losses by this point.

100 correct. I have a 6 digit serial number. The Origial slew isn't that bad just not as good as the one Deltaalphalima1 produces:music_whistling:

100 correct. I have a 6 digit serial number. The Origial slew isn't that bad just not as good as the one Deltaalphalima1 produces:music_whistling:

Sad to say but I have a 4 digit one :) Unit is still functioning fine after all this time, I invested in the delta upgrade because I've never been happy with the Slew and trying to figure how to greese the throttle as I think the 10 year old grease is getting a little grippy, but everything else still works great.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png