Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

I just received and installed mine. Did the calibration but have yet to try it out. During the install, I was realizing how crappy my eyesight has become in my old age. :-(

Anyway... question...

This comes with two fixing plates. One appears to have a smaller aperture than the other. The instructions say to install the one that you prefer. I'm guessing that the only difference between the two is that one will limit the amount of stick movement?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

This comes with two fixing plates. One appears to have a smaller aperture than the other. The instructions say to install the one that you prefer. I'm guessing that the only difference between the two is that one will limit the amount of stick movement?

Explanation:

If you’re not sure I would go with the square to start with, that gives you the maximum range of movement and full use of the axis.

The round is a little more realistic for some aircraft, and also more similar to a normal game pad. It also allows you to swing all the way around the outside more smoothly with hitting the corners, but at the cost of some range of motion on the diagonals.

Give them both try and see what you prefer, there is really no right or wrong :)

3937 shipped today cant wait for it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

3937 still sitting in the UK after being cleared for international departure on the 19th.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Slew Settings

What are you guys using for Axis Tune Slew settings for this mod?

I started out using the settings that Cap on the Grim Reapers recommended but it's not working out so great. Those are Curvature of 8 and Saturation of 36 but with no deadzone. The result is that there isn't enough movement of the cursor at small inputs and then when I increase the movement to get the cursor to move I overshoot my target. Cap isn't using this upgrade so it shouldn't surprise me that his settings don't work. I've messed around a bit with the settings but havnt found a good one yet.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

What are you guys using for Axis Tune Slew settings for this mod?

I started out using the settings that Cap on the Grim Reapers recommended but it's not working out so great. Those are Curvature of 8 and Saturation of 36 but with no deadzone. The result is that there isn't enough movement of the cursor at small inputs and then when I increase the movement to get the cursor to move I overshoot my target. Cap isn't using this upgrade so it shouldn't surprise me that his settings don't work. I've messed around a bit with the settings but havnt found a good one yet.

I have mine set at the moment to No Dead Zone Curvature of 10 with the others set both to 100

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

thanks! I didn't see that.

That's interesting because I was thinking that it needed to be more linear than what I was already using. I'll try it out tonight.

Most recent update

Cleared and awaiting international departure

LANGLEY (GB)

Date & timeFri 19 Jun • 8:02am

Starting to become a frustration....

cw1.png

Still waiting on 3937 though according to google it means its somewhere between there and here...

cw1.png

So, at the risk of asking a really stupid and obvious question, why isn't it possible to simply affix a small knob or attachment to the existing slew device that is there. For instance, in less than 30 seconds, I was able to make a small knob with a plastic cap and a washer I had laying around. I haven't glued it to the end of the slew control yet, but when I hold it onto the end of the device, it seems like it will function well...Surely, someone must have tried this.

So, at the risk of asking a really stupid and obvious question, why isn't it possible to simply affix a small knob or attachment to the existing slew device that is there. For instance, in less than 30 seconds, I was able to make a small knob with a plastic cap and a washer I had laying around. I haven't glued it to the end of the slew control yet, but when I hold it onto the end of the device, it seems like it will function well...Surely, someone must have tried this.

If it works for you go for it. The mechanism of the mod just seems to work much better than the original.

Nothing wrong with a bit of choice to be honest gives a little more flexibility to the user :thumbup:

Rapid.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

So, at the risk of asking a really stupid and obvious question, why isn't it possible to simply affix a small knob or attachment to the existing slew device that is there.

With 3D printers becoming a thing, someone came up with a 3D printed hat that did exactly that and that was based off of the real slow cursor hat; it sounded very promising. But it turned out the low spring tension of the original slew cursor meant it was constantly pulled down by gravity, and even the slightest touch by a neighboring finger would push the new hat around. As I recall it, the original author of that mod got rid of it because it simply didn't do a good job.

That's the beauty of DeltaAlphaLima's mod. It doesn't just look good, it also feels very good.

I guess you have to just try it to get a feel for the difference it makes.

If you found a much easier solution that improves your hat, that is of course really cool and might be a great solution for all who don't feel like spending the money on this replacement, or who want an interim solution. :thumbup:

yes, if you could just get it delivered at the moment...

cw1.png

Not long now I would say.

Just got mine, super easy to install and quality looks to be really nice. No problems re-calibrating and works lightyears better than the original nub. Cardboard box took some beating by the post but everything was intact.

Ryzen 5900X, MSI Gaming TrioX 3090, ASUS Rog Strix X570-E Gaming, 62GB Kingston HyperX @ 3600MHz, 2 X 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 NVMe, Watercooled with Kraken X62, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas w/ Deltasim Slew upgrade, HP Reverb Pro G1 V2

Yeah 17days no update on shipping. would accept it if i hadnt paid so much for the device and shipping....

cw1.png

@shu77, mine took around 50 days due to absolutely nothing that I could reasonably figure out. It took two days to cross the ocean, then sat a state away for over 45 days. Even the Post Office did not know why it hadn't cleared Customs. Customs said they'd never heard of it. I thought it was over. Then one day, it simply showed up, no further tracking updates. I don't know who/what to blame either, but Deltaalphalima1 is not it. Patience, my friend. It's on its way, and it's worth it!

Yeah 17days no update on shipping. would accept it if i hadnt paid so much for the device and shipping....

Hope the Boarder closer extension won’t add to your woes either.

Postal staff may also be on furlough etc and the added fact that you live down under won’t help either.:(

Hang tight hopeful won't be much longer.

Rapid.