Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Good Morning,

Well my order arrived last week and I'm excited to do the upgrade but I'm also alittle scared too. I waited over 4 months for my warthog and as they are super duper hard to get these day which is why im alittle bit on the worried side that something may go wrong. But ... I'm building my courage and will most likely get it done tommorrow. I'm not worried about the replacement of the sensor but more worried about the driver update. I looked yesterday and I have Firmware V.3.0.18.328 so do I have to update my driver? I bought my Warthog on April 2020 so I am hoping this new version already has the lastest firmware. I have the worst luck with updates.

Thx !

If you have purchased it new recently it should be up to date, the firmware version is a two digit number, the latest is version 23 (which is required for it to work)

You can always just install the sensor and give it a try, if it works then it’s up to date. If not then you won't harm anything, it just won’t work with the new sensor until its updated or you go back to the old sensor.

Best way to check the firmware version using TARGET or the Thrustmaster update tool - it displays the version number before committing to the update.

PM or email me if you get stuck :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Okay great thanks !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Another happy customer. This is an awesome upgrade for the Warthog throttles. My factory slew died over a period of about three years, and I increased dead zones, played with curves, etc., until I couldn't make it work anymore. I finally ponied up and ordered Delta Sim's slew upgrade. I received mine a few days ago and finally installed it last night. It took about 10 minutes; instructions were clear and concise, and it literally made the slew control better than ever. If I bought another Warthog today, I'd install this upgrade before I even plugged it in. Kudos to Delta Sim for this.

Hi guys, I've been using slew mode for couple of months and I have a problem with the A10 (I or II version) tgp: it stutters a lot when slewing using analog axis.

I don't think it's related to the slew mod as it works smooth and I have no apparent axis issue (and radar cursor is perfectly smooth for example) but just wanna make sure if you have the same kind of troubles?

Here's an example, it better shows with narrow mode and lot of zoom:

Hi guys, I've been using slew mode for couple of months and I have a problem with the A10 (I or II version) tgp: it stutters a lot when slewing using analog axis.

I don't think it's related to the slew mod as it works smooth and I have no apparent axis issue (and radar cursor is perfectly smooth for example) but just wanna make sure if you have the same kind of troubles?

Here's an example, it better shows with narrow mode and lot of zoom:

That looks like another axis might be interfering. Have you connected any new devices recently?

I would have a check in the controller menu to make sure there is only the one axis set to the slew.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Unfortunatly that's the first thing I did. And does like this only on TGP, I have no issue while slewing HUD or map cursor.... Makes me think it's not related to the slew mod, or not directly. Just wanna know if I'm the only one with that trouble amongst the slew mod population :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed mine. Absolutely happy, can't recommend it enough. Install was a piece of cake, nicely detailed instructions. The slew mod is great, completely worth the price!

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Just one (maybe) silly question: would it be possible to physically switch the POV-hat and the slew control? Do the dimensions fit? This would be the ultimate cherry on top of this awesome mod. :thumbup:

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Just one (maybe) silly question: would it be possible to physically switch the POV-hat and the slew control? Do the dimensions fit? This would be the ultimate cherry on top of this awesome mod. :thumbup:

The new the sensor will only fit in the slew sensor position unfortunately :(

It's too big / the hole in the thortle is too small for it to fit elsewhere

The new the sensor will only fit in the slew sensor position unfortunately :(

It's too big / the hole in the thortle is too small for it to fit elsewhere

Thanks! Well, that’s hardly surprising. Would’ve been nice but not really important, the slew mod is still great. Strange design choice though by MD not using the index finger.

However if you ever get around to finding a solution eg with a smaller sensor I’ll be your first customer.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered the slew sensor a few weeks ago, and received it today. Very well shipped, professional. Took the instructions and the only gritty thing was getting the old one out; couldn't get in there with my thick fingers. However, I managed, installed, reassembled, calibrated and it works like a charm! Much, much better than the standard one, would recommend this one any time! Very happy customer here; tnx Damien!!

On 11/10/2020 at 10:44 AM, Oldfox said:

Unfortunatly that's the first thing I did. And does like this only on TGP, I have no issue while slewing HUD or map cursor.... Makes me think it's not related to the slew mod, or not directly. Just wanna know if I'm the only one with that trouble amongst the slew mod population 🙂

Yep I have seen this stutter a number of times whilst doing small moves at full zoom, now I think it could be a bug

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

On 12/16/2020 at 11:54 PM, Oilman100 said:

Yep I have seen this stutter a number of times whilst doing small moves at full zoom, now I think it could be a bug

I wonder if this could be related to lower FPS situation. I seem to have less of an isssue on empty free flight mission where I get tons of FPS.

Has anyone had any issues with buttons 29 & 30 on the Warthog throttle after installing this slew upgrade?  When I pull my throttles back from IDLE to OFF (just over the hump but not all the way) both buttons 29 and 30 come on.  When I pull them back all the way button 30 turns off but 29 stays on.  It's like the right throttle (that the slew is attached to) is slightly ahead of the left throttle.  This is causing me issues in DCS as if I pull both throttles all the way to OFF, the right one goes back to idle.  

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

2 hours ago, Chunk said:

Did you run the calibration tool afterwards? Every time I’ve had issues with the throttle axis’ misbehaving, the calibration tool fixed it. 

Sorry I should have mentioned that.  Yes I have run the calibration many times. It does not fix this issue. 

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

20 hours ago, ZBoT said:

Has anyone had any issues with buttons 29 & 30 on the Warthog throttle after installing this slew upgrade?  When I pull my throttles back from IDLE to OFF (just over the hump but not all the way) both buttons 29 and 30 come on.  When I pull them back all the way button 30 turns off but 29 stays on.  It's like the right throttle (that the slew is attached to) is slightly ahead of the left throttle.  This is causing me issues in DCS as if I pull both throttles all the way to OFF, the right one goes back to idle.  

That is usually caused by a calibration problem. Make sure you have cleared any Windows calibration, and then try to calibrate the throttle again using the tool from my website.

Be careful to move the throttle to the OFF, IDLE and MAX positions when asked. If you have any custom detents or afterburner lifts installed you may need to remove them for the calibration.

1 hour ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

That is usually caused by a calibration problem. Make sure you have cleared any Windows calibration, and then try to calibrate the throttle again using the tool from my website.

Be careful to move the throttle to the OFF, IDLE and MAX positions when asked. If you have any custom detents or afterburner lifts installed you may need to remove them for the calibration.

Thank you for your response and suggestions.  I have tried clearing the Windows calibration and calibrating with the tools from your website at least 10-15 times.  I have even tried uninstalling the Thrustmaster driver, rebooting and reinstalling.  I do have a custom push through detent and hadn't tried removing that for calibration.  I just tried removing it though and calibrating again and the issue still persists.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks again!!

21 hours ago, ZBoT said:

Thank you for your response and suggestions.  I have tried clearing the Windows calibration and calibrating with the tools from your website at least 10-15 times.  I have even tried uninstalling the Thrustmaster driver, rebooting and reinstalling.  I do have a custom push through detent and hadn't tried removing that for calibration.  I just tried removing it though and calibrating again and the issue still persists.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks again!!

Most likely the push through detents are causing some sort of problem.

Buttons 29 and 30 are not actually real switches. They are virtual buttons triggered at specific throttle positions as determined during the calibration. If everything isn’t to the throttles liking and the grips aren’t where it expects then all sorts of weird things can happen.

Do you have the original detent you can install for the calibration?

Edited by Deltaalphalima1

1 hour ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

Most likely the push through detents are causing some sort of problem.

Buttons 29 and 30 are not actually real switches. They are virtual buttons triggered at specific throttle positions as determined during the calibration. If everything isn’t to the throttles liking and the grips aren’t where it expects then all sorts of weird things can happen.

Do you have the original detent you can install for the calibration?

I just put the original Thrustmaster detent in and ran the calibration again.  Issue still persists.  It's odd the issue is only with the right throttle and Button29, left throttle and Button30 works perfect.  Thanks again for the help!!  

On 12/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, ZBoT said:

I just put the original Thrustmaster detent in and ran the calibration again.  Issue still persists.  It's odd the issue is only with the right throttle and Button29, left throttle and Button30 works perfect.  Thanks again for the help!!  

Hey, I had the same problem, those virtual buttons are supposed to be ON when the throttle axis are at minimum value. I actually sent my throttle for repair as the hall sensors on mine started acting weird and one eventually completely died. I did the calibration like you did too, didn't fix it, Thrustmaster said they'd change the sensors and set it up as factory new (obviously).  I'll get back to you when I get my throttle back.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

40 minutes ago, Madone said:

Hey, I had the same problem, those virtual buttons are supposed to be ON when the throttle axis are at minimum value. I actually sent my throttle for repair as the hall sensors on mine started acting weird and one eventually completely died. I did the calibration like you did too, didn't fix it, Thrustmaster said they'd change the sensors and set it up as factory new (obviously).  I'll get back to you when I get my throttle back.

Thanks for the response.  Please do post back once you receive your throttle back and the turnaround time.  I will probably wait until after the holidays to send into Thrustmaster so it's not delayed further.  Did you have the delta slew installed in your throttle? I'm guessing I have to uninstall that and put the original slew back in before sending back to Thrustmaster.  What a hassle.

9 minutes ago, ZBoT said:

Thanks for the response.  Please do post back once you receive your throttle back and the turnaround time.  I will probably wait until after the holidays to send into Thrustmaster so it's not delayed further.  Did you have the delta slew installed in your throttle? I'm guessing I have to uninstall that and put the original slew back in before sending back to Thrustmaster.  What a hassle.

No slew upgrade for me YET! And they require you to send it without "accessories", I'm not sure the upgrade counts, I wouldn't take the risk tho!

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat