Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

7 hours ago, Hacksaw said:

Any idea how long shipping has been taking to the US? Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I got the email that it shipped. 

US shipping is usually less than 3 weeks, but there have been some delays getting though customs recently (up to 4-5 weeks) so you might have got unlucky.

If it still hasn’t got to you in a couple of weeks time please send me a message/email and we will get it sorted.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Order #6268 just placed.   The web site say expected dispatch is the week of May 17th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Finally upgrade came. Easy install as advertised 🙂 It really amazes me, why Thrustmaster choose that stick 🤔

Thank you Damien.

PS

if anyone from Slovenia reads this. Held at custom office for more than a week and they charged not only VAT but also inspection fee.. WTF. 🤬😡 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have started to use mine as an analogue brake for the Spitfire. Set it up with 50% saturation on the x axis and set as slider. So only the top half is functional, so I pull it up to brake, in the centre position the brake is off.

In spite of the small amount of movement it is very precise and I can now taxi the Spit far more easily. Obviously this works with all brake lever operated Russian aircraft too. I would recommend giving it a try if you have the slew upgrade and fly these aircraft.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Received my order No. 5014 in central Florida US a while back. Just now getting some time to install. Looks like a nice kit. I will re-post edit when I get done.

Thanks very much. Cheers...

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

@Deltaalphalima1   Received mine. I've taken the side panel off but I don't see any way of getting my fingers in to "push the small plastic clips holding the sensor in place towards the centre of the sensor" as per the instructions. I can just about get my pinky into that space. Is this what everyone sees ?..

image.png

EDIT: Scratch that ! Just needed a night's sleep, a little persistance and a few choice swear words and it popped out nicely !

Edited by ShaunX
  • Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

...Very glad I persisted with the install. Finished calibration and the new slew sensor is a MASSIVE improvement over the old one. Tracking on all sensors on the DDIs is now highly controlable and accurate and it doesn't even need a dead zone for the depress to function without slewing.

Many thanks @Deltaalphalima1 !

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

On 5/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, ShaunX said:

...Very glad I persisted with the install. Finished calibration and the new slew sensor is a MASSIVE improvement over the old one. Tracking on all sensors on the DDIs is now highly controlable and accurate and it doesn't even need a dead zone for the depress to function without slewing.

Many thanks @Deltaalphalima1 !

Glad to hear you like it!

I would say getting the old sensor out if often the trickiest part of the install. It’s easy once you’ve done it a few times, but very hard to explain the first time.
Also it helps if you have skinny fingers 🙂

• Like 2

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

1 hour ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

Glad to hear you like it!

I would say getting the old sensor out if often the trickiest part of the install. It’s easy once you’ve done it a few times, but very hard to explain the first time.
Also it helps if you have skinny fingers 🙂

I guess my inital problem was that I thought, from your instructions, that I had to somehow get a finger and thumb on either sde of the sensor to squeeze both tabs when in fact all that is required is a strong press inwards on the nearest tab and the sensor pops out.

• Like 2

Got it and it works great,  but REALLY PAY ATTENTION to the bold text regarding how to handle the screw-guides when putting it back together. it is very easy to accidently come out and your screw ends up scratching that small PCB board and then youre borked entirely (thrustmaster sells replacement around 60$ before shipping thank god).  DeltaSim appropriately warns about using a flashlight to check for wires in the way as well.  

i saw someone above say "did it in ten minutes no problem" and that just made me want to urge folks to go slowly and take your time on this one. 

i recommend a small bit of simple glue to just give enough stick to keep the three screw-guides in place before replacing back into the throttle-handle

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 11:46 AM, TWC_Alamo said:

Order #6268 just placed.   The web site say expected dispatch is the week of May 17th.

My order arrived today and hoping to install it tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

@Deltaalphalima1 Received mine today!! Super easy install, super easy config and calibration!  Its worlds apart from the original, game changing literally!  Thanks for your hard work and development in making the Warthog even better, Thrustmaster owe you one!

• Like 2

dKvc6RY.gif

My Rig: i9 11900K, 64GB Ram, RTX3090 24GB, Quest 3, Custom Fixed Base 8040 Sim, Custom Sim Shaker, WinWing F16EX with Gooseneck, WinWing Orion 2 Throttle FA18/F15EX Grip, WinWing Combat Panel, Winwing PTO Panel, TFRP Pedals, 3 x Cougar MFDs, StreamDeck XL & Mini, 3 x Custom Button Panels, Custom GA Throttle and a Winwing KA-50 Collective. 

VR ONLY! OpenBeta, Private Server Admin and DCS Liberation User.

20 hours ago, angrymancunian said:

@Deltaalphalima1 Received mine today!! Super easy install, super easy config and calibration!  Its worlds apart from the original, game changing literally!  Thanks for your hard work and development in making the Warthog even better, Thrustmaster owe you one!

What he said ^^^

Just received order #6365.  Easy install and configuration and yup, it's a game changer for sure.  Wish I'd saved myself a few years of frustration and ordered long ago!

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...