Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

9 hours ago, Echo179 said:

Any updates on people receiving their orders?  My order said it was expected to be dispatched this week. Curious on the lead time.  Needless to say I am excited to install this upgrade.

This week's batch are all built up and ready to go  - just getting them ready to ship.

Should be shipping Wednesday or Thursday 🙂

• Like 2

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

7 hours ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

This week's batch are all built up and ready to go  - just getting them ready to ship.

Should be shipping Wednesday or Thursday 🙂

Just got my shipping notification!  The hype is real!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wing said:

Order #6394 placed 5/20. Still no tracking. Thanks!

#6394 was shipped on June 2nd - there is no tracking information for the standard shipping option unfortunately.

Shipping time is usually 1-3 weeks, so hopefully it will be with you in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

I received my order #6419 today in Oregon after it shipped on the 9th!  Installed, calibrated, and working wonderfully!  Tested it out in the F/A-18C, and the TDC is a joy to use now!  Entering grid coordinates isn't a pain anymore, and I can easily slew around the Maverick and TPOD.  Originally looking at this mod, I was trying to think of how hard it would be to do myself, and whether the purchase was worth it.  Needless to say, I would have had to do a lot more than remove some screws and swap out a single component.  Absolutely worth it!

On 6/21/2021 at 5:10 AM, Wing said:

Interesting that you received yours in Oregon. I’m on the Eastern side of the US and still waiting. @Echo179

I was surprised to see it so fast.  It's definitely a game changer.  Makes slewing around a lot less of a headache now.

Mine arrived yesterday🥳 However, I hadn't been at home so I had to pick it up from the post office today 😄 

To anyone who hesitates: Go grab it! It's a completely different ball game.

After carefully going through the installation instructions and fiddling around to remove the original slew sensor 

installation and calibration was pretty straightforward and I am very happy about the results 😊

I currently have the gate front plate installed. @Deltaalphalima1 Is there any difference in terms of control and range between square and gate?

Best regards

VZ

206369773_2395860217224444_8270055198685084746_n.jpg

Edited by ZeeMan90
  • Like 1

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

19 hours ago, ZeeMan90 said:

Mine arrived yesterday🥳 However, I hadn't been at home so I had to pick it up from the post office today 😄 

To anyone who hesitates: Go grab it! It's a completely different ball game.

After carefully going through the installation instructions and fiddling around to remove the original slew sensor 

installation and calibration was pretty straightforward and I am very happy about the results 😊

I currently have the gate front plate installed. @Deltaalphalima1 Is there any difference in terms of control and range between square and gate?

Best regards

VZ

That's great to hear!

The round and square give the same maximum X and Y movement, but the round limits movement on the diagonals.

I recommend the square to start with if you’re unsure. The round is technically more realistic to the original the aircraft and some people find it nicer to not get stuck in the corners - but I find the square nicer for normal use personally 🙂

• Like 2

@Wing I ordered mine on 27th May. ORDER #6438.

After three weeks I received the shipping notification on 15th June. 

It would have been at my doorstep on 14th June if I hadn't missed the mailman. 

@Deltaalphalima1 Glad to hear, so far I enjoy the square pattern. Reaching the corners isn't a problem for me. In the future I might try the circular pattern if I am bored and need something to do 😄 

Personally, I sense that the circular pattern will also give us the Playstation Dualshock feeling. Thinking back I just loved to rotate the thumb sticks for the sake of 

rotating them in a circular fashion. It was and still is so satisfying 🙂 

Regards 

Edited by ZeeMan90
Correcting grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Order #6653 from Spain that i did on 14/07, just arrived, looks amazing!

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Well had mine for over a year now and it is still going strong without any issues.

Thanks for the creating this Mod Deltaalphalima! it has really made a difference.

Rapid

Edited by rapid
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

• 3 weeks later...

I am running a script for the Warthog andso in the controller setup for DCS Hornet it appears as a Thrustmaster Combined...anyone know what the 2 axis should be in the TDC control?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some praising to do here.

My brother ordered me this upgrade last year and it worked wonderfully. Couple of months ago, the X axis started to be jittery a lot, and not centering right. I contacted @Deltaalphalima1 to see if there is something to do to fix it. After some quick troubleshooting we got to a solution that fixed the issue and I though it's all good. I believe that even in the first reply, I was told if the issue couldn't be fixed that I'd get a replacement unit, but I wanted to see if we can fix it somehow.

Unfortunately, after couple of days, it started misbehaving again. As I flew rarely during the summer, I didn't contact him further to try and fix the issue again. This week, I referred back to the issue, and all he instructed me to do was to confirm my address and a replacement unit was sent. No hassle, no trying to shift the blame like some other customer support services could do, ...

The unit arrived today, installed it and I'm back with fully functional TDC for the Warthog. All I can say is that there should be no doubt about this upgrade or its creator. Both are very solid and will see you through 🙂. If something starts to misbehave, contact him and try to find a solution. I can assure you it was very pleasant interaction which really surprised me.

10/10 for the customer support and the product itself

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Vakarian said:

I have some praising to do here.

My brother ordered me this upgrade last year and it worked wonderfully. Couple of months ago, the X axis started to be jittery a lot, and not centering right. I contacted @Deltaalphalima1 to see if there is something to do to fix it. After some quick troubleshooting we got to a solution that fixed the issue and I though it's all good. I believe that even in the first reply, I was told if the issue couldn't be fixed that I'd get a replacement unit, but I wanted to see if we can fix it somehow.

Unfortunately, after couple of days, it started misbehaving again. As I flew rarely during the summer, I didn't contact him further to try and fix the issue again. This week, I referred back to the issue, and all he instructed me to do was to confirm my address and a replacement unit was sent. No hassle, no trying to shift the blame like some other customer support services could do, ...

The unit arrived today, installed it and I'm back with fully functional TDC for the Warthog. All I can say is that there should be no doubt about this upgrade or its creator. Both are very solid and will see you through 🙂. If something starts to misbehave, contact him and try to find a solution. I can assure you it was very pleasant interaction which really surprised me.

10/10 for the customer support and the product itself

My pleasure! I'm glad we were able to get you back up and running 🙂

• Like 2

Order #6683, ordered today. It comes when it comes!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

So, it was shipped two days after I made the order, on the 22nd of July, arrived at pickup point on the 3rd of August.
Installation was a breeze, and I'm very happy. It's working and feels fantastic like everybody else has written before me.

Two observations though.
Paid for priority mail, but the package still stayed at Heathrow (HWDC) for four days, and then at the local letter center for six. Apparently because Deltasim is an honest company and had declared the real price on the package. So taxes and taxation fee it was. About 30 Euros.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk