Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

14 hours ago, ruprecht said:

Have been very happy with mine, thanks @Deltaalphalima1.

I am starting to notice some calibration drift, what's the right way to recalibrate? Thanks

Recalibration can be done with the Thrustmaster calbration tool from my website

Make sure you have cleared any Windows calibration first - details on page 11 on the install instructions

I hope that helps 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Hey Guys,

i already have mine here and i am about to put it in the throttle, just one question:

When deleting the calibration, does that mean i will have to rebind my keys on my throttle in DCS ?

would be a lot of work...

Thank you!

Regards

Sebastian

18 minutes ago, Bastlwastl said:

Hey Guys,

i already have mine here and i am about to put it in the throttle, just one question:

When deleting the calibration, does that mean i will have to rebind my keys on my throttle in DCS ?

would be a lot of work...

Thank you!

Regards

Sebastian

Clearing the Windows calibration will not clear any keys in DCS, it's just to make sure the old Windows built in software does not interfere with any joystick axes.

Nothing to worry about 🙂

• Like 1

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

On 8/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, Martin1454 said:

How does the current delivery schedule look like? If I order today, how long til it ships?

Currently in stock, shipping within 2 working days!

Edited by Deltaalphalima1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Placed a order on 10/28/21 but didnt get a email back with a receipt or anything. Was not sure if I would get one when it shipped or if something should have come on order. Cant wait to get that upgrade done. Thanks for offering this.

11 hours ago, RedVonD said:

Placed a order on 10/28/21 but didnt get a email back with a receipt or anything. Was not sure if I would get one when it shipped or if something should have come on order. Cant wait to get that upgrade done. Thanks for offering this.

Thanks for your order!

All orders from the 28th have shipped, you should have received one confirmation email when you placed the order and another when it shipped. Please double check your junk folder, and send me an email or PM if you would like me to resend the emails.

Hopefully it will be with you soon!

22 hours ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

Thanks for your order!

All orders from the 28th have shipped, you should have received one confirmation email when you placed the order and another when it shipped. Please double check your junk folder, and send me an email or PM if you would like me to resend the emails.

Hopefully it will be with you soon!

Found the emails as they did end up in the spam folder and I missed them when I looked. Thanks again.

Edited by RedVonD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been contemplating replacing my Warthog throttle for a Virpil CM3. There's nothing wrong with my Warthog aside from the fact that I hate the slew control with a passion, so much so in fact, that I use one of my joystick hats for slewing, which of course takes up a valuable joystick controller that could be used for other things.

After reading through all of the glowing recommendations on this slew replacement, I decided to take the plunge an order one today. It's not  cheap, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a new Virpil throttle. Hope I made the right choice. lol

His time ain’t cheap either. You made the right choice.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

16 hours ago, Auger said:

I've been contemplating replacing my Warthog throttle for a Virpil CM3. There's nothing wrong with my Warthog aside from the fact that I hate the slew control with a passion, so much so in fact, that I use one of my joystick hats for slewing, which of course takes up a valuable joystick controller that could be used for other things.

After reading through all of the glowing recommendations on this slew replacement, I decided to take the plunge an order one today. It's not  cheap, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a new Virpil throttle. Hope I made the right choice. lol

Thank you very much! I hope you will enjoy it too 🙂 Next shipment should be Wednesday 5th.

Thanks for everyone’s support the past year, we sold over 1,800 units total which is crazy...
We have some more projects in the works that I’m excited to announce soon, so here's to another great year 2022! 🍾

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In Order to keep your story ongoing in 2022, I placed my Order of your slew Mod today. Greetings from Germany

• Like 1

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

Mine arrived yesterday, Christmas present from the mother in law. I think it took me longer to find one of the stand offs I had dropped than it did fitting it. The only hairy part from me was the butt clenching when I was removing the old slew and that was more of a physical problem since my nervous system is kind of fried. Pushing that little plastic tab and not knowing how much force to use.

It arrived quick enough within the UK, it wasn't any problem to fit and it works how it should.

Now I can strafe up in Star Citizen without uncontrollably strafing left and right at the same time.

• Like 2

Just fitted mine today, it took me about 30 mins from opening the box to testing it in DCS.

Very happy with the results. I've increased the curvature to 40 since it was still pretty sensitive for small movements when at high tgp zoom, but it's night and day compared to the stock slew.

Most noticeable difference was on the A-102 mav screen where it used to always feel you were fighting the mav drift even when using ground/space stabilise. Now it's almost too easy to lock targets!

I usually don't post much, but since, it may be useful to others, I decided to share my experience buying from Damien. We all know the product is good quality, fits flawlessly and he supports it - reading those comments that I've decided to buy it.

The new variable is that I live in Sao Paulo Brazil. My country legislation regarding importing goods over mail has some gray areas, that function as a trap, if some precautions aren't taken when filling the paperwork. After a brief email exchange, Damien understood the picture and processed the paperwork in a way that significantly reduced the chances of issues with customs.

Issues I had when buying from small vendors in the past or even from Alias Wavefront, were not the case dealing with Delta Sims.

It was a positive experience buying from him.

Just in case this testimony is useful to someone trying to decide on the buy...

Edited by tityus
  • Like 3

The german guy here. I got mine yesterday. Want to say Thank you because so far it works like a charm!

One or two words of warning that aren't mentioned in the Install instructions:

1.) on screwing in the front plate, don't drop one of these tiny screwes or your screwed...

2.) don't drop the allen wrench into the slider trench of the Warthog or you end up with a few interesting Minutes of fishing for it in the trench...

Don't ask.. (Hint: big, rough Hands)  😬

• Like 2

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

I know patience is a virtue, but I ordered this on Sunday 23rd Jan. I was just wondering when it will be sent? 

I can't wait to get going with this after reading ALL of the positive comments on here 

Received today and installed and all working as advertised so far!

Thanks for the rapid turn around from order to receipt 

Edited by DirtyB
Item received

Modules owned - A10C / A10C II / FCS / F14 / F 18 / Harrier / Mosquito / Ka 50 / Huey / Su 33 / Supercarrier / WW2 Assets
Maps - Caucasus / Persian Gulf / Syria / Marianas / Nevada / Normandy / The ChannelProcessor    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz / Installed RAM    16.0 GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TM T Flight Rudder / Delanclip TIR / Oculus Quest 2

HI,

I've been using your amazing slew upgrade for years but all of a sudden, it stopped working. In windows control panel, I see no more input at all (the rest of the buttons and axis work flawlessly), but the slew button still register as button 1 press.
I tried the throttle on another PC at home with windows 10 too and the problem is the same so I guess it's hardware related. I also tried to switch back and connect the original slew but same problem 😞

I am afraid my PCB is fried ... would you have any advice or direction for me please ? If the PCB is dead, is it only the small one shown on the below pic or is it the big one on the base ? I heard Thrustmaster sell them for 50€ or so...

Thanks 

PS: PCB photo

warthogpcb.jpg

Edited by CoolSpy

i7 4790k / Asus 1080 Ti / HTC ViVE / 32 GB RAM

15 hours ago, CoolSpy said:

HI,

I've been using your amazing slew upgrade for years but all of a sudden, it stopped working. In windows control panel, I see no more input at all (the rest of the buttons and axis work flawlessly), but the slew button still register as button 1 press.
I tried the throttle on another PC at home with windows 10 too and the problem is the same so I guess it's hardware related. I also tried to switch back and connect the original slew but same problem 😞

I am afraid my PCB is fried ... would you have any advice or direction for me please ? If the PCB is dead, is it only the small one shown on the below pic or is it the big one on the base ? I heard Thrustmaster sell them for 50€ or so...

Thanks 

PS: PCB photo

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

If neither the old or new slew are working then it could be the PCB, or the 7 pin cable that connects to the base of the throttle.

Can you check the 7 pin cable for any damage along the length?

If you can send me an email I can give some more help 🙂

7 hours ago, Deltaalphalima1 said:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

If neither the old or new slew are working then it could be the PCB, or the 7 pin cable that connects to the base of the throttle.

Can you check the 7 pin cable for any damage along the length?

If you can send me an email I can give some more help 🙂

Thanks for your quick answer. Actually, I successfully connected the original slew back in place and after calibration, it works fine. After further inspection, the blue wire from your deltasim slew upgrade does not look in perfect shape: is that the one linked to the slew X/Y axis by chance ? I guess I may have to replace the 5 wires connector (which is not bad compared to a full PCB replacement lol).

Do you know the name and type of these cables please so I can buy a new one ? (24AWG and name etc...)
I found similar cables with the name JST 5P ... don't know if it's any good... but no luck so far to find some with reasonable delays (all are from China in bulks)

Edited by CoolSpy

i7 4790k / Asus 1080 Ti / HTC ViVE / 32 GB RAM