Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Excited to check the mail and find my slew stick had arrived...Got to wait til after Monday until I can install it as I dont want any unwanted issues prior to a mission night. Will post once I get it in though. Thanks Delta!

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Hi Damien, The slew kit arrived, Ive installed it - it was easy and no problems, and it works like a dream, thanks mate !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Hi Damien,

First, thanks very much for the analog slew sensor, it is great and a huge improvement.

I would however, like to make one suggestion. Please see image below.

I think the sensor could be improved by making the shaft of the sensor where the finger cap attaches a bit shorter so that the throw isn't quite as long. This would give you better control.

I would like to modify mine by shortening the shaft by about 2-3 mm, (or maybe 1-2 mm), but would that mean I would also have to shorten the shaft of the finger cap as well?

How can I cleanly shorten the shaft without damaging it?

Can you think of a better solution?

IMG_20180519_124332_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.70c13561c669c3a94c269bfc2c79a247.jpg

Edited by speedbird5

Installed mine this evening. Seamless, no issues at all! I didnt get a chance to use it in combat yet but I can tell once everything was calibrated, windows calibration axis movement was extremely well behaved and precise. Can't wait for some Hornet or Eagle time and lock up some targets on radar.

Thanks again Delta, well worth the money spent and waiting on its arrival!

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Excuse me. Just one question to be 100% sure.

With this mod, we lose the button (button 1), that the default one includes, right?

The axis is horrible and far from precise, but I use that button for center TIR, so I would like to know, before to order, once there´s available units.

Thanks in advance.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Excuse me. Just one question to be 100% sure.

With this mod, we lose the button (button 1), that the default one includes, right?

The axis is horrible and far from precise, but I use that button for center TIR, so I would like to know, before to order, once there´s available units.

Thanks in advance.

The analogue slew has it still included. There are worlds between stock and this mod.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

The analogue slew has it still included. There are worlds between stock and this mod.

Xoxen

Thanks! I will purchase it once available in August. All this time, I was following this thread, thinking that the change of the thumbstick had the downside of losing the button, so I was waiting for a new version. :music_whistling:

I hope will not be too complicated for install it. I´m a zero on electric or mechanic skills. :(

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

There is a good installation guide from Delta. Untighten the srews, unplug a plug is the easy task. To unmount the old slew is the major task but also not that hard. The installation of the new one is easy again. Take care not to overtighten the 4 small screws and not damaging cables when tighten the screws of the throttle is important but not that much of a challenge.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

This mod looks fantastic... any chance on having the switch cap castellated ?

Great work...

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

This mod looks fantastic... any chance on having the switch cap castellated ?

Great work...

Thank you!

I'm working on it, along with a few other designs people have requested such as one that’s a bit shorter.

They will all be available to buy direct from my Shapeways store at some point.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Thank you!

I'm working on it, along with a few other designs people have requested such as one that’s a bit shorter.

They will all be available to buy direct from my Shapeways store at some point.

Fantastic news.. :thumbup:

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

My slew arrived today, and since I had the throttle already opened and the original one removed, the replacement took about 2 minutes. Fit perfectly--snug but not overly tight, and it was a really nice touch to get an Allen key and a couple of extra screws in the bag with it. Quality design and quality execution all around. Kudos and thanks!

After 6 weeks working away from home, I finally got a chance to install the analogue thumb sensor this morning.

As others have said, taking your time and following Deltasim's instructions, the install takes about 10 minutes max. The instructions are well detailed and easy to follow. Calibration is also easy to do and again takes no more than 5 minutes.

Thank you to everyone who has emailed, messaged or posted here asking to reserve a unit from the next batch, and my apologies if you feel frustrated trying to get one.

The next batch will be available to order soon – probably next weekend.

For the future I want to try and set up some sort of waiting list - so you can reserve a spot without paying, and then pay when they are available. I'm not really conformable accepting pre-orders in large numbers again.

I’m still assembling everything by hand which is the main bottlenecks to getting units made – I’m looking into a better assembly process to try and increase the number I can make, but that also takes time to get right.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I want make pre-order "Analog thumbstick slew sensor upgrade kit", one... Please!

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

In a strange series of events, the slew sensor that was stolen off my porch a month ago was returned to my doorstep anonymously. The outer box had been opened, but the inner bag containing the sensor did not have its seal broken. Since I managed to get a replacement in the mean time, I no longer need this one. The first person to PM me can get it for the price on the Delta Sim Electronics website: 42.99 Pounds/ 59.00 US dollars/ 50.82 Euros. plus whatever shipping costs. I can only accept Paypal for payments. Would like to see this go to someone who can really use it.