Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Btw how do you pay for it?

You can pre-order now from my website https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter.

Ordering and payment is all handled through there, PayPal payments are accepted from all regions.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

After using the MOD on DCS A10C for a week now, I love it.

For anyone with a Warthog Throttle, who has cobwebs growing on the TDC nub, I highly recommend grabbing this mod and making full use of that throttle.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Will there be another opportunity to buy the upgrade? I have been watching your website for a while, and I don't mind a long wait as long as I can join the queue.

Thanks.

Pre-orders for the November batch will be available again very soon - I just had to stop them temporarily while I solve a minor supply issue, but they should be back up by the weekend.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Pre-orders for the November batch are available again on the website https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

I have been working very hard on getting all the pre-orders ready. I’ve been improving various processes and switching a few suppliers, and I think have ended up with an even better product in the process. I’m on track for the entire September batch to ship before the end of the month and the October and November batches to ship (hopefully) soon after.

I’m just waiting on the plastic parts from my new supplier which should be with me in the next few weeks.

There might also be something new coming soon (did someone say radar elevation?) – not quite ready to announce anything yet but I think some of you might like it!

Some teaser pics of progress for anyone interested:

attachment.php?attachmentid=193634&stc=1&d=1536401924

attachment.php?attachmentid=193635&stc=1&d=1536401924

1903297685_IMG_20180907_1410191.thumb.jpg.bbc58b2de42f8e6aa7fe99d2d8430971.jpg

338543955_IMG_20180908_1111502.thumb.jpg.fb79a1ea7c687ef300ecd3cf54554bd9.jpg

Joined the queue for the November batch - can't wait now!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Pre-orders for the November batch are available again on the website https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

I have been working very hard on getting all the pre-orders ready. I’ve been improving various processes and switching a few suppliers, and I think have ended up with an even better product in the process. I’m on track for the entire September batch to ship before the end of the month and the October and November batches to ship (hopefully) soon after.

I’m just waiting on the plastic parts from my new supplier which should be with me in the next few weeks.

There might also be something new coming soon (did someone say radar elevation?) – not quite ready to announce anything yet but I think some of you might like it!

Some teaser pics of progress for anyone interested:

attachment.php?attachmentid=193634&stc=1&d=1536401924

attachment.php?attachmentid=193635&stc=1&d=1536401924

this made my day. radar Elevation is really missing !!!

waiting for my mod to arrive. can't wait

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Not sure if this was mentioned in here yet, but are you willing to sell the 3d files ? I have the board would just need to print the parts and don't have very good cad skills yet.

I've already made my own, although it should be noted that it assumes the ministick is not soldered to the board, so you may have to do some extra wiring depending on what you've got.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2900369

Not sure if this was mentioned in here yet, but are you willing to sell the 3d files ? I have the board would just need to print the parts and don't have very good cad skills yet.

If you would like the original files then I’m happy to let you have them, just send me a message.

98abaile's are probably the simpler option for a DIY solution though, as mine are designed very specifically for SLS 3D printing and to work with my PCB.

Just got mine and installed it today. Thank you Deltaalphalima1!

Your replacement is so much more usable and nice than the slew nub that the warthog shipped with. Really this is what the warthog should have had to being with.

It was a little difficult getting it lined up and working around all the other wires in the throttle, I was being very careful to not put any undue force on the other wires; another set of hands would have made it easier. It all came together though and works perfectly.

Edited by Modulus

98abaile

I've already made my own, although it should be noted that it assumes the ministick is not soldered to the board, so you may have to do some extra wiring depending on what you've got.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2900369

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot !

IMO - an plus feature of this design is keep the micro-stick out of PCB circuit, this will make ease replace the micro-stick when their pot's wear out. :thumbup:

I looked more closely at the throttle controller in the A10c cockpit yesterday and it looks like TM might have either misunderstood how the slew controller moves or, perhaps more likely, have decided that it would be easier to implement with a very small "nipple joystick" inside the concave bit of the control, rather than have that concave bit just being the head of a larger joystick.

If you think about it, a pilot, probably with gloves on, would struggle to adjust the smaller of the two and it would make more sense if that concave shape were just there to provide better purchase for the pilot's middle finger.

In short, this mod is probably more realistic than the TM implementation.

Any RL A10 Pilots out there to confirm if it is the whole of the slew control that moves?

I looked more closely at the throttle controller in the A10c cockpit yesterday and it looks like TM might have either misunderstood how the slew controller moves or, perhaps more likely, have decided that it would be easier to implement with a very small "nipple joystick" inside the concave bit of the control, rather than have that concave bit just being the head of a larger joystick.

If you think about it, a pilot, probably with gloves on, would struggle to adjust the smaller of the two and it would make more sense if that concave shape were just there to provide better purchase for the pilot's middle finger.

In short, this mod is probably more realistic than the TM implementation.

Any RL A10 Pilots out there to confirm if it is the whole of the slew control that moves?

The real slew control doesn't really move at all, it's entirely based on force not displacement.

There is however some built in flex to provide the pilot with feedback, essentially like the F16 stick.

The real slew control doesn't really move at all, it's entirely based on force not displacement.

There is however some built in flex to provide the pilot with feedback, essentially like the F16 stick.

This is correct. The real joystick is force based - I have not been able the find the exact manufacturer but it’s probably a custom version of this OTTO part - https://www.otto-controls.com/j3-strain-gauge-based-bottom-mount-force-transducer

It does flex slightly - but it's not noticeable by feel to me even without gloves on. It's hard to describe unless you have even used one, but it just feels "right" and natural to use a force input device.

Since the real A-10C upgrade throttle is based on the F-15C throttle - it does have a push down button function using a weird system where the entire sensor moves backwards and hits a leaver that presses a switch. It is listed reserved for future use in the real manual I believe. Some good info on here: https://www.f15sim.com/tech/throttle.html

I'm confident that my old force sensor mod is the most realistic slew sensor ever on a desktop flight sim, even though it does use a slightly different (read MUCH less expensive) force sensor and sadly does not have the push button built in. My new mod using the analog stick is about as good as it’s going to get without spending many hundreds of dollars.

... I'm confident that my old force sensor mod is the most realistic slew sensor ever on a desktop flight sim, even though it does use a slightly different (read MUCH less expensive) force sensor and sadly does not have the push button built in...

I've got your force sensor built into my throttle and it is absolutely perfect. The missing push button is no problem. I just mapped it to another switch.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hi just checking in for an order update, my order is #1194. Thanks.

#1194 and any other orders from the September or October batches will hopefully all be shipping in the next few weeks. I'm still waiting on the plastic parts from my new supplier and I’m sorry that it’s taking longer than I had wanted - but I think the higher quality of the new parts will be worth the wait.