1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

Activations. All activation keys are saved in the Windows Registry and NO additional activation will be required.

If I do a clean install, will additional activation be required?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JM1, I do have access to my FC3 planes on Standalone. It doesn't offer me the option of installing the Ultimate Argument, but I think that's just because it's for Caucasus, as it says it has a Starforce key. I would rather just have one download, and I don't need it immediately I'm just trying to figure out if it auto updates, and if so, how to work with that. Thanks for all the help!

FlankerMan, the steps below will allow you to install 2.5 standalone without having three installations at any one time or downloading 2.5 more than once.

1. Keep checking this page for a DCS World 2.5 installer that *does not* say 'open beta' from 8 February. When it is available, download it.

2. Go to Steam, right click on DCS World and select "Uninstall", the second last option.

3. Run the 2.5 installer, this will download of the game so it may take some time (for me it will probably take two days ).

4. When the install is complete, launch the game and confirm that you have your FC3 and the NTTR map available. If the game asks to download these let it do so, it shouldn't be a large download. When you have confirmed that FC3 and NTTR are available you can uninstall DCS World 2.2 if you wish.

Hope this clears things up for you. Good luck.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Nvidia has not released driver since Jan 08 2018. My sixth sense tells me the next driver will have an official SLI profile for DCS 2.5. Even if it doesnt have, Nvidia inspector can make SLI to work. I made it work in 2.2 with approx 80% boost in fps with no side effects. its very simple process.

During the last one year the only game I have installed and checked which doesnt OFICIALLY uses sli is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and DCS world. Cant think of any other famous title which does not utilize sli.

ED Team please add an official profile.

• ED Team

Picture in 1st post replaced with new one - maybe it will be more clear.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Picture in 1st post replaced with new one - maybe it will be more clear.

Much better :)

My only comment is that it does not indicate that the 1.5.8 OB -> 2.5 OB migration will make use of a 2.2.0 A installation to reduce the amount of downloads.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Tapatalk won't flippin' mute this thread for me. Went from 90 to 250 in a day!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Just to make it a bit more clear as to what I'd like to accomplish, and how I'd like to go about getting it done, I'll try to explain.

I would like to finish out with just having DCS World 2.5.0 (and all my modules, obviously) on Standalone, NOT Steam, but to not have 1.5.8 Stable or 2.2.0 Open Alpha installed.

Also, I would like to not have to download anything more than once, and to not have 3 versions of DCS World on my computer at one time, however short that time may be (I just don't have the memory for it to be even possible).

I hope that helps, thanks in advance!

As JM1 explained multiple times now:

Just uninstall your steam installation of DCS, download the standalone installer for 2.5 when it is available and install it. It will use some files from your 2.2 installation, so you don't have to download them again. At the end of the installation it will ask you to remove 2.2 from your computer. The result is, that you will only have one standalone installation of DCS (2.5). It's really not as difficult as you're making it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

My only comment is that it does not indicate that the 1.5.8 OB -> 2.5 OB migration will make use of a 2.2.0 A installation to reduce the amount of downloads.

That doesn't really matter. If 2.2.0.A is present it will, if not it won't.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

That doesn't really matter. If 2.2.0.A is present it will, if not it won't.

Well it does, as several people have said they have uninstalled 2.2.0 in preparation already. They could have saved themselves a lot of downloads/time if they kept 2.2.0

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Well it does, as several people have said they have uninstalled 2.2.0 in preparation already. They could have saved themselves a lot of downloads/time if they kept 2.2.0

Well, that depends ... my disk ssd only has free 20GB, the doubt is in if I keep the 2.2.0 and use the 2.5 installer I can have space problems required. Now, another thing is if you have a lot of disk space and the installation does not present any problem it is logical not uninstall the 2.2.0 to save time in additional downloads of the 2.5. :book:

My question is: with those 20 GB free, can I keep the 2.2.0 on my disk and install the 2.5 without having space problems required? :dunno: :juggle::fear:

Edited by purpi

My question is: with those 20 GB free, can I keep the 2.2.0 on my disk and install the 2.5 without having space problems required? :dunno: :juggle::fear:

[/b]

I had the same problem.

I copied the Alpha and Release installations onto a mechanical drive and left the beta on my SSD.

Problem solved.

"If" they would have known but they didn't knew so...

And they couldn't knew before the first post in this topic was posted so... it doesn't really matter.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

To my sake ( or not ) I am moving this weekend and won't be able to share the hype for the next 1-2 weeks. Good thing is, the new place has a 530/53 Mbit pipe, so a 50GB DL is peanuts then once I have set it all up again.

Gladly I saved all those boxes, from the case to TM and Rudders, VR, etc... a pile of boxes only for the gaming rig, took me almost a full day wrapping this all up.

Moving is a pain...

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yes... this is really much more clear.. with the new picture.. so:

- DCS 1.5.8 Beta will become DCS 2.5 Beta and it will be the version for testing new graphics and upgrading... the future developing version.

- DCS 1.5.8 Standard will become the DCS 2.5 stabile (Release) and This will be the real DCS World 2.5

- Both (Release and Beta versions) will use the data from the actual DCS 2.2 Alpha to copy modules and terrains into the future DCS 2.5. As soon as it will be done DCS 2.2 will be deleted. (prompted to do this to user?)

- DCS 1.5.8 could be even copyed (optional) in another folder just to use the oldest missions or others "oldest files" if an user want to keep these alive... right?

In this case we should do this before the 1.5.8 version will be updated to 2.5 I imagine...

After this, when finished, we will have a DCS 2.5 (Release) and a DCS 2.5 Beta both with the same level of updating. Always one "stabile world" and a "beta world".

I think ED, at the end of the operation, will give us the better solution to manage all modules and at the same time to watch to the evolution of future DCS World.

I say thank You and great job to all ED Team for this wonderfull evolution.. :thumbup:

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

OK, thanks. I did not noticed it. I'll delete the [saved game] folder and let it regenerate.

There must be a better method I suppose... I'd like to start configure graphics and so on from default too, but I do not want to lose my hotas settings, downoaded skins, ecc, and all this stuff is inside saved game folder too!

In this case we should do this before the 1.5.8 version will be updated to 2.5 I imagine...

No need. You will be prompted to keep 1.5.8 or not when installing 2.5 stable. If you do, a new folder DCS_1.5 (or similar) will be created in your save games and all old content of DCS will be moved there while DCS folder will be for 2.5. And your 1.5.8 will stay.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

The DCS folder on saved games has plenty of useful stuff, rather than delete it its better to just rename it to something else.

That way you can still later on recover your screenshots, your track files, the Hotas configs, your snapviews, the Pilot's logbook, your Campaign progress, etc.

Yes, of course, I took it into account. I made a backup yesterday and will copy the files I need, mostly Hotas config and logbook.

There must be a better method I suppose... I'd like to start configure graphics and so on from default too, but I do not want to lose my hotas settings, downoaded skins, ecc, and all this stuff is inside saved game folder too!

Then just delete the graphic settings files in your save games folder and keep the rest.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Quick question which is relevant to this release.

I currently have 1.5 OB and 2.2

Am I correct in saying that I can use the current DCS updater through cmd line to revert 2.2 to version 1.5 current release after updating 1.5 OD to 2.5 OD?

I want to end up with 2.5 OB and 1.5 stable at phase 1.

Edited by leadlag
Typo

Quick question which is relevant to this release.

I currently have 1.5 OB and 2.2

Am I correct in saying that I can use the current DCS updater through cmd line to revert 2.2 to version 1.5 current release after updating 1.5 OD to 2.5 OD?

I want to end up with 2.5 OB and 1.5 stable at phase 1.

That should work in theory, although reverting can cause issues in practice (especially if there is such a big difference between the versions). I would rather recommend to make a fresh installation of 1.5 Stable and just remove 2.2.

Another alternative would be to switch from 1.5 OB to 1.5 Stable and then use the seperate installer to install 2.5, using the the existing files from 2.2.

Edit:

Use this command to revert:

Updating or Reverting DCS World to the latest build of a Specific Version

in the Command Prompt Window

Type: DCS_updater.exe update <version><@branch> (ie DCS_Updater.exe update 1.2.16@release)

The DCS Updater Box will open and begin verifying files and downloading the files for the version you specified.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Okay, guys, thanks a whole lot! I understand now. If I understand the picture with the original post correctly, my 1.5 won't auto update, I'll get an option?

You always get an option, where you are asked if you want to update or not. For every update. That's how it always was. It never just updates without asking.

Tornado3 small.jpg