1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

Is this possible? Whenever I try to do force the update to stable version, the updater states I already have the latest stable version. But I had the Open Beta only.

Could it be that this is just 2.5.0 with the last few hotfixes? If so, there doesn't seem to be any correction to multiplayer crashes. And that memory leak, was it fixed?

As said, current version is the same on both. Still you'll be in the Beta of course. AFAIK it should still be possible to change from one kind of version to another using the command line feature.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing close to your translation.

Translate again with a better tool.

"The night lighting on the map is already done, will be in the next update.

With stutters we did everything we could, but if the module is really heavy, like the MiG-21, then the stutters will still be on weak machines."

Not a single word about MP, or RAM in his post.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Nothing close to your translation.

Translate again with a better tool.

"The night lighting on the map is already done, will be in the next update.

With stutters we did everything we could, but if the module is really heavy, like the MiG-21, then the stutters will still be on weak machines."

Not a single word about MP, or RAM in his post.

And how about to make something like the "slowed" or "delayed" loading?

For Imagination:

Just spent 10 hours and....

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 3793125786 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

INFO : Retrying...

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2042363984 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2050224602 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2043572785 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: 4 connection fails

INFO : Kill timer set to 30 seconds...

INFO : Torrents have been shutdown in time.

INFO : Kill timer reset.

ERROR: Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later.

=== Log closed.

Just spent 10 hours and....

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 3793125786 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2042363984 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2050224602 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2043572785 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: 4 connection fails

INFO : Kill timer set to 30 seconds...

INFO : Torrents have been shutdown in time.

INFO : Kill timer reset.

ERROR: Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later.

=== Log closed.

Should start up where it left next time if you don't delete the torrents.

Thanks for the clarification

I tried the command line but it states I have the stable 2.5 version already. So, yeah.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

the update streams with open alpha and open betas are too complex ED.

2.5 is now released, yet it is not clear, even after forum diving, if this is the RC and if the current open beta will update itself and become the RC.

with the current install path for open beta including 'open beta' in the install directory, i doubt it.

Great product as always and, i fully support although a little quieter nowadays but, this really needs addressing.

Please....................be clear.

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Presently I have installed:

- 1.5 Release

- 2.5 Beta

I would like to remove 2.5 Beta and make a clean install of 2.5 Release, but how should I go about that? Deactivate the modules in 2.5 Beta, run the uninstaller, download 2.5 Release and install it and then reactivate the modules?

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Presently I have installed:

- 1.5 Release

- 2.5 Beta

I would like to remove 2.5 Beta and make a clean install of 2.5 Release, but how should I go about that? Deactivate the modules in 2.5 Beta, run the uninstaller, download 2.5 Release and install it and then reactivate the modules?

Just uninstall release and download the new 2.5 release installer. It will not download anything. The updater is smart enough to copy data from already installed OpenBeta root folder.

Just uninstall release and download the new 2.5 release installer. It will not download anything. The updater is smart enough to copy data from already installed OpenBeta root folder.

Thanks! But is it necessary to first deactivate all modules, or not?

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

works for me.

1) Before you begin : don’t delete 2,5 open beta, don’t remove, deactivate your modules etc.

2) Download new installer from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

3) Run installer

4) Provide new path for DCS World

5) Now installer will recognize previously installed 2.5 open Beta and will start copy files from 2.5 open beta to new directory DCS World

6) Move Input profile files from 2.5 Open Beta to DCS folder:

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

7) uninstall 2.5 Open Beta

8) enjoy

Edited by absolut79

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe

wouldn't an updater have been a better idea, so that you could just run it in the 2.5 beta folder and it would check which files, if any, have changed in the release version, before downloading any amended/new files as necessary?

I am running 2.5 OB including Caucasus and Nevada map, its running really well so far so i refuse to change anything at all until this Forum provides a clear cut way on how to execute the transition to 2.5 release version. Cause having read the last 3 previous pages here about how to do the transition the right way has left me rather confused to say the least.

Cheers

I am running 2.5 OB including Caucasus and Nevada map, its running really well so far so i refuse to change anything at all until this Forum provides a clear cut way on how to execute the transition to 2.5 release version. Cause having read the last 3 previous pages here about how to do the transition the right way has left me rather confused to say the least.

Cheers

I provided very clear steps 1 post above.

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe