1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

I bet the 2.5 Open beta is released tomorrow!!! :D

I hope so sir. Can't explain why there is so much interaction with the community before download Wednesday!

The Branch comes the 29th... next week!! The promise is being kept!Good job ED... Keep it coming... Big and fast...:thumbup:

Sounds like a good approach to me! :thumbup:

Ussr_Rik, Coff and Matt in one thread, in one day..... Whoooo... :D

Never seen this before. So i bet it's tomorrow. Release Open Beta 2.5!!! :D

Yeah that's some serious presence from very high profile team members. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so sir. Can't explain why there is so much interaction with the community before download Wednesday!

Sounds like a good approach to me! :thumbup:

Yeah that's some serious presence from very high profile team members. :)

Indeed, my F5 key is dusted off and ready to go! I say bring it on baby!

:yes:

Ok stupid question. I have made a copy of my DCS World installs on a separate HDD. Will need to uninstall a couple from my SSD.

So if I use registry editor to change the path to my hard drive for the ones I will uninstall before I actually uninstall, is it going to uninstall the proper one - the one on the SSD?

Likewise, if I uninstall first, I assume the registry entries would go with it?

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just in case, the updater seeks for the installed versions in the registry, the paths are expected to be in:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World"

string value "Path".

@USSR_Rik or @c0ff:

Is dcs_local_source.txt an option too, or has it be de-activated?

To provide solutions to user who have not many free space on their SSD, and are anxious about editing manually Windows registry...

Thanks!

++

Az'

• Like 1

spacer.png

Why? You could have just updated the 2.2.0 to 2.5 Beta if I understand this correctly.

Nope, read the first post and look at the diagram again - he couldn't. If he wants to get the 2.5 OB first, without waiting "a week or two" for the release version (and I believe he does), he has to start with 1.5.8 OB as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have 1.5 and 2.2 both installed on my 120ish SSD drive. I'd like to install 2.5 on the same drive. Empty space is about 4 GB. Can I manually move the DCS 2.2 and DCS 1.5 folders to HDD (freeing the requested space on my SSD) to be able to use it as a repository instead of downloading everything (DCS 2.5) from the ED's server?

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Nope, read the first post and look at the diagram again - he couldn't. If he wants to get the 2.5 OB first, without waiting "a week or two" for the release version (and I believe he does), he has to start with 1.5.8 OB as well.

It says

"1 stage: Beta-version. 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to 2.5.0 Open Beta. Updater will check 2.2.0 (Alpha) and add necessary modules to 2.5.0. Then Open Alpha 2.2.0 will be uninstalled (user will be prompted about 2.2.0 removing).

So I guess I am confused....doesn't this say it will update 2.2.0 to 2.5?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

It says

"1 stage: Beta-version. 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to 2.5.0 Open Beta. Updater will check 2.2.0 (Alpha) and add necessary modules to 2.5.0. Then Open Alpha 2.2.0 will be uninstalled (user will be prompted about 2.2.0 removing).

So I guess I am confused....doesn't this say it will update 2.2.0 to 2.5?

No, they never say that! but many people are confused with the update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They publishing a vídeo in YouTube ... say coming 31 january!!!
Can not find that youtube video... got a link?

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

My 1.58 has not worked since October 2017 in one of those updates.. It will up date the soft ware but when it comes to actually getting a menu screen it crashes with message. I believe the log book is only used right out of 1.58 it come with a new installed game. I hope I am right .

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Can not find that youtube video... got a link?

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

2 minutes later was deleted ...

But these group publishing https://www.facebook.com/groups/DigitalCombatSimulator/permalink/1471348739657805/

Edited by Peace Puma

What happens about the various Save Game folders for different 1.5 and 2.2 versions after 2.5 update?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

What happens about the various Save Game folders for different 1.5 and 2.2 versions after 2.5 update?

I would think they should remain intact, but I made a copy of them and saved elsewhere just in case.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Public Holiday and hence long weekend here in Australia on Friday ... just saying ;)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I would think they should remain intact, but I made a copy of them and saved elsewhere just in case.

That makes sense. Make a copy in case, and then decide what to copy over to new 2.5 Saved Games folder.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box