Recommendation to Skip Mission 10 Until DCS: World 2.5

A problem has been identified with illumination bombs on mission 10 that does not allow the player to complete the mission in the way we intended. The root cause has been identified and I am assured it will be corrected with the DCS: World 2.5 release.

My recommendation is to pause in the campaign and finish after DCS: World 2.5 becomes available.

This was intended to be the signature mission of the campaign and went through the most thorough testing we could devise. The only folks I can imagine are more disappointed than me are those who have attempted to fly the mission and failed.

This is the environment that was intended and I hope you agree it will be worth the wait:

0jdwMC1.png

OryIrRd.jpg

ET4uu15.jpg

9J43zwJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has this been fixed already? I'm having an issue with the iluminating bombs being practically useless in another mission but this the only place I found where someone mentions some issue with them.

Edited by cuervo111

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Yeah, it will be working as intended if you updated to 2.5. I'm just leaving this here until 2.5 is out of open beta.

For what it is worth, the problem was with bomb ballistics and not the effect. The screenshots above were taken with deferred shading on. That might be something to report if it does not look like that for you.

Yeah, it will be working as intended if you updated to 2.5. I'm just leaving this here until 2.5 is out of open beta.

For what it is worth, the problem was with bomb ballistics and not the effect. The screenshots above were taken with deferred shading on. That might be something to report if it does not look like that for you.

Actually it was flying an old mission. I think it's working as intended but the bombs used to illuminate the ground from farther above before. Now they must be lower in order to be useful.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877