OMG, what people are able to do, to be closer to reality with toys like this.

SVK_Fox

Impressive . . . . but . . .

All his base are still belong to the 1/6.5th Su27 guy :P

700.jpg

3.5 metres long and twin turbines. No clever soundtrickery needed ;)

Fantastic bit of kit, though - the sound of both electric and glow models gets on my nerves, but that thing . . . . .

The future's electric with a soundbox, obviously!

Amazing.

I don't see how people land these things. I have enough trouble landing an aircraft when viewing from the 1st person position. I couldn't imagine doing it while standing on the ground. I'd crash that thing the first time I flew it, and then I'd be missing a couple thousand dollars. :cry:

Well, you start off with a trainer.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/beginners-rc.htm

Heres the one I have currently.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/shockflyer-cessna152.htm

and i want this:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/shockflyer-su27xxl.htm

OR

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/shockflyer-su27.htm

and, like the sims, it takes practice. Landing them isnt that difficult. When you need to land, get low (anout 5 feet) cut the power, apply full up elevator and it will settle on the ground. really easy.

I like to fly in the evenings whenthe wind is calm. these things really get blown arround.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Guest IguanaKing

Hmmm...and me without my photos of the 2/3 scale P-51 that actually flies with a person inside it. It also has a supercharged engine, sounds VERY similar to the real thing when it takes off, and climbs just as fast. :)

Great link though Fox. Glad to see someone keeping the memory of the old 'Bolt alive. :thumbup:

I don't see how people land these things. I have enough trouble landing an aircraft when viewing from the 1st person position. I couldn't imagine doing it while standing on the ground. I'd crash that thing the first time I flew it, and then I'd be missing a couple thousand dollars. :cry:
It is not that difficult to fly RC airplanes. Just as with everything else, it takes patience and discipline. I am no expert flying those things however I can do some basic tricks such as loops, rolls, barrel rolls, imelman, split s and so on.

If you ever decide to go into a hobby, take your time, find a club and respectable instructor.

Those two pictures are about my RC Trainer, KADET Senior. And the Su-27 plastic model by ZVEZDA, I put together recently. That was my first attempt in using airbrush.

Kadet_resampled.jpg.e04fbd3901797911b3284ddc30b93620.jpg

Su_resamp.jpg.6ffae4b37878d98699f68b85b547c36a.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I would say its harder, because when u are landing, the plane flies towards u so controls are inverted and u have to switch view when it passes u. I should have sticked longer with my Trainer, the TAXI II (well known in Germany) amd not go as fast to the aerobatics models. I broke that thing on first flight and than money was out (i was at school then). Then came the University and i had no time and money left. Now i have Wive and kids an guess what: NO TIME AND MONEY LEFT :cry:

S~

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

lol. ya, it takes practice. depending on the model, they can be just as easy to fly. If you want electric planes, just find some open field and fly. you dont have to even worry about a runway. (If your using gas, you kinda do need one. you also need to belong to a club that allows you permission to use a designated "flying field")

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

So is it harder to fly from the 3rd person perspective or just as easy once you get the hang of it?
Yes, it is very easy once you get coordination right. However, easy does not mean relax. You must stay alert and be one step ahead of the game.

You need to calmly and properly respond to thermals, side winds, wind shear, engine problems, equipment problems, distractions form other pilots (newbie trying to land next to you) and etc.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I would say its harder, because when u are landing, the plane flies towards u so controls are inverted and u have to switch view when it passes u.
However, with practice, you get use to that and it comes as natural as if the airplane flies away from you.

Yup, actually, that doesnt take too much adjustment. It's natural for me too. and i've been flying for less than a year now.

This is the next one I am trying to put together for a while now. It is Yak-54 by Great Planes. It should fly this summer.

Yak.thumb.jpg.ed96013d81c2c3091b5c1fc0c07cc1ac.jpg

It is not that difficult to fly RC airplanes

You really should see my plane, J-3 Piper Cup :D I believe after that no one thinks it's easy to fly RC planes..

Ok, but seriously. It's hard at the beginning, especially if you have to learn all by yourself, like I had to. And when learning from mistakes, the plane gets "used look" reeeeally soon :(

And yes, RC planes are harder than sims, and many ways harder than real ones. I don't mean like f-18, or ILS landing etc. But just the basics. When you got small electric one, you have no power reserve, wind flips it easily, and... What I'm trying ?! I just don't know how to fly RC planes properly!:P

I have learnt my lessons, unfortunately J-3 is only a static model these days. But maybe I buy a new one when summer comes, cause it's 100% fun :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD 4000+ @ 3000 ::: ATI X1950 XTX @ 702/1044 ::: 2G Corsair TWINX2048 3500LLPRO @ 500 ::: 21" Sony ::: Saitek X45 & P8000 ::: TrackIR 4 Pro

http://www.355stalkingtigers.com

Ya, but thats easy to learn too. Like i said, I go in the evenings when the winds aer low. Unfourntionataly, the sun is also in your eyes as well. So, i go over into the shade near some trees. This does two things. It protects you fom the wind and keeps the sun out of your eyes. However, if you fly hightr than the trees, like if your learning, the trees do nothing for you really.

as for flying high, this is really good when first begining. Fly up, mayby 50 feet. That way, while the plane is harder to see, your what I call "several mistakes high" which means, if/when you make a mistake, you have time to recover and climb back up. when you get better and more comfortable, you can bring it down lower. I can fly about 10 feet above the ground now. Still not ready for aerobatic aleron controled plabes quite yet. (Elecrtic trainers often only have rudder as their control surface dor turning. that, combine with a dihedrial, and you have decent roll control.)

Oh yeah I was looking it (the Yak) too, how is it??

I don’t at this time because I haven’t finished and fly it yet.

I am one of the unlucky owners of the Great Planes Yak because my Yak appears way too tail heavy. Even with the heavy engine, I still need to move rudder servo in the front and maybe add more weight to the nose section to balance the airplane.

I will be flying it this summer and will let you know how it works.

.... or just move everything to the back, and you sit in the front :D
This morning I weighed 111.8 kg. That is a bit too much weight to balance my Yak! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Well, finally after many months of waiting and many dollars spent, my YAK 54 is flying. Here’s a picture of it …

IMG_0434_res_800_600.jpg.59c4a226d55bd18f592886fcd9affd75.jpg

Well, finally after many months of waiting and many dollars spent, my YAK 54 is flying. Here’s a picture of it …

That's one Good-Looking Plane :thumbup:

Post some pics In-Flight if you have the Chance :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'