AJS-37 overall behavior changed with the latest patch?

Lt.Seahawk

Ive been flying the Viggen for quite a time now and love every second in it. However since the latest patch Ive noticed some weird changes. For example the speed to rotate with a full loadout was always around 270+-10 km/h now I need almost 400 to get her up and even then she climbs really slow like a heavily loaded Bomber (almost feels overloaded imho). Also when I fly her without burners at max RPM the speed doesnt climb over Mach .65 and as soon as I need to make a tighter turn I have to go into full burners in order to make a turn without stalling her. Landing also seems to be an issue now since I almost have to go into burner stage I to keep the landing AoA and speed.

Is it just me experiencing this? Id rather ask in here just to make sure that its not a problem with my controls or something which I doubt is because Ive just checked them in the controls menue and all throttle axis seem to work just fine.

:joystick:

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

The issue is that we did not expect a 1.5 patch at all prior to 2.5. What has happened is that a lift bug (that is fixed for the upcoming 2.5 release) has thus managed to make it's way into the latest 1.5 patch.

We need to think about how to solve this (if at all) considering that 1.5 is now deprecated and we will not be supporting that branch anymore. Obviously leaving the Viggen broken if many people will continue to use that branch is less than ideal, however.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The issue is that we did not expect a 1.5 patch at all prior to 2.5. What has happened is that a lift bug (that is fixed for the upcoming 2.5 release) has thus managed to make it's way into the latest 1.5 patch.

We need to think about how to solve this (if at all) considering that 1.5 is now deprecated and we will not be supporting that branch anymore. Obviously leaving the Viggen broken if many people will continue to use that branch is less than ideal, however.

1.5.8 is deprecated already? I thought there will still be at least one final 1.5.8 update for the stable release branch before the update to 2.5 happens. The stable release branch will still run officially on 1.5.8.x for at least two weeks, the steam version even longer.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe I am tired today but I don't get the previously replies.

Am I correct to assume that the strange Viggen flight behaviour is present only in 1.5.8 Open Beta?

Since 2.2 OA and 1.5.8 release didn't get any recent update.

Or did I misunderstand something?

That’s correct. It only affects 1.5.8 since that’s the only version that got updated.

1.5.8 Open Beta! 1.5.8 Stable Release is still good.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uh, I did not even know there was an update today. Don't run the automatic updater. Thanks for letting me know, grunf!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

The cockpit lighting in the current 1.5.8 OB version seems broken too. The light from the radar screen and the altitude warning light illuminate the entire cockpit way too much now.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The cockpit lighting in the current 1.5.8 OB version seems broken too. The light from the radar screen and the altitude warning light illuminate the entire cockpit way too much now.

This is because the PBR adjusted lighting got merged into 1.5.8.

Not sure how to deal with this yet if there is to be no more 1.5.8 patches.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This is because the PBR adjusted lighting got merged into 1.5.8.

Not sure how to deal with this yet if there is to be no more 1.5.8 patches.

Well, I guess I can survive the remaining day without a fix :D

Looking forward to enjoy the Viggen and the new PBR lighting in 2.5 (haven't played the OA) :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Make a hotfix, if possible. Folks who will stick with 1.5 will be greatful. :D

The stable 1.5 is still without these issues. It's just the OB that has it. I wonder if ED will even bother to commit the current OB update to the stable release branch before 2.5 hits.

Tornado3 small.jpg