Expand takeoff from ground option

geb

Is it possible to open/unlock the "Takeoff from ground / Takeoff from ground hot" mission editor option for planes other than the Harrier? It would be great to see it available for at least the Viggen and A-10.

How about it!?

• Like 3

+1, great idea!

Actually, I think it would make sense to unlock it for all aircraft. After all, it should be the player's or mission designer's choice where to put an aircraft. If someone finds a suitable spot, there's no reason not to put an F/A-18 or MiG-21 or something of that kind there. Plus, the WWII warbirds are usually pretty comfy taking off from grass.

Is it possible to open/unlock the "Takeoff from ground / Takeoff from ground hot" mission editor option for planes other than the Harrier? It would be great to see it available for at least the Viggen and A-10.

How about it!?

+1 It will also come in handy if ad-hoc/temporary airbases become a thing.

Such as for instance the Viggen's road bases and the dispersed fields for the Harrier

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 year later...

UP

and +1, and include my whole squadron. There are many air force squadrons training to operate from "second day of WW3" airfileds, AKA highways. Or just grass fields. Swedish, Bulgarian, USAF Hogs, Polish Fulcrums and strike a/c list goes on...

Is it possible to make it lua hacked?

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

• 1 year later...

Still waiting for this to become an official feature...  :sad:

Until then we have to deal with modifing files by ourself:

On 9/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, Hunter_5E said:

Found the mod that allows fixed wing to spawn anywhere and updated it to work with latest DCS update - 2.5.6.55363

OVGME Mod attached.

See screenshot for how to update it after future DCS updates.

Plane Spawn Anywhere 24-09-20.rar 17.43 kB · 54 downloads

1788175754_PlaneSpawnAnywhere.thumb.jpg.f0cefd4e9d78e6ce3ddfa1ef7cb3ea94.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg