VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

5 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

I think they come off the jet somewhere around 800ft or so?  I didn't keep a track of it, but it's important to pull up as soon as you have the lock ( I think mine was somewhere around 5 miles out or so)

I'm maybe 200ft agl on the ingress.

ok will try again... last question... you need to click the DESG on the MFD in order to get system to AUTO drop right? I mean no other method (not easy with NVG on :-()

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Ah, sorry, I get you now, and I see where I made an error in writing the previous post.   Yes, you do use the EHSD to designate they waypoint 5, which will bring up CCRP symbology..... Do this passing waypoint 4 and then steer towards it at low level.  After I have it designated and am enroute, I then put the DMT into LST mode... You don't technically need to do that, as you can just drop onto the waypoint.  The laser will go on when you're six miles out, and the laser point is very close to the waypoint.  The bombs will guide, but I always put the DMT into laser track mode just because it's habit.

Ok got it now... DESG the WP5 first then once the LST picks up the laser from the drone, a long press of the WP increment HOTAS button will move the designated WP to the lasered spot.  Works indeed anyway in this mission because they are very close.  Thks for. the help @Sedlo

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Sedlo said:

Thank you, Steve!  I haven’t ran through the campaign in a couple of patches, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you run into any issues. 

cheers! 

sedlo 

I really did enjoy the campaign @Sedlo..! I completed it a few weeks ago but have only just managed to get around to posting here. The missions were absolutely perfect for my level of expertise & also for the amount of time I have available to go flying. Great storyline with some nice twists. I had to limit myself to one mission per night but was always excited to get back into the cockpit to fly the next mission. The only issue I had was that my AV8B clock seemed to always be 4hrs out from the mission start time but I think that's either an issue my end or a bug in DCS. Anyway, thanks again for all the effort you put in - it really provided me with a great little week of escapism..! Steve

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Trowell said:

I really did enjoy the campaign @Sedlo..! I completed it a few weeks ago but have only just managed to get around to posting here. The missions were absolutely perfect for my level of expertise & also for the amount of time I have available to go flying. Great storyline with some nice twists. I had to limit myself to one mission per night but was always excited to get back into the cockpit to fly the next mission. The only issue I had was that my AV8B clock seemed to always be 4hrs out from the mission start time but I think that's either an issue my end or a bug in DCS. Anyway, thanks again for all the effort you put in - it really provided me with a great little week of escapism..! Steve

Outstanding!  I'm really happy to hear this, @Steve Trowell!  Always super stoked to hear that people enjoyed the missions.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I just completed this campaign, great work @Sedlo really!! I quite liked the short missions, seeing as the Harrier is meant to be CAS aircraft close to the action it felt right. I think the Dodge 11 voice was great, maybe could do with a few of your mates to chip in with the other voices!!

In mission 10 I changed the 4x LAMV to 1x LMV2 and 1x IRMV as you can't self lase the LMAV with TPOD, and added some  rocket pods after finding out I couldn't fire the LMAVs. Otherwise had lots of good fun, and that's what DCS is all about. 😀

Edited by Ratfink
  • Like 1

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

51 minutes ago, Ratfink said:

I just completed this campaign, great work @Sedlo really!! I quite liked the short missions, seeing as the Harrier is meant to be CAS aircraft close to the action it felt right. I think the Dodge 11 voice was great, maybe could do with a few of your mates to chip in with the other voices!!

In mission 10 I changed the 4x LAMV to 1x LMV2 and 1x IRMV as you can't self lase the LMAV with TPOD, and added some  rocket pods after finding out I couldn't fire the LMAVs. Otherwise had lots of good fun, and that's what DCS is all about. 😀

Thank you for the kind words!  I’m glad you enjoyed the campaign. I’ll think about that last mission and maybe changing the load out. 

• 1 month later...

I've also just finished, and I echo what others are saying.  Really nice campaign, mission length is perfect and scenarios are all plausible.  The only issue I had was some scripting or unit erros in M09, but that didn't detract from the enjoyment.  Thanks Sedlo 🙂

• Like 1

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

1 hour ago, Teeps said:

I've also just finished, and I echo what others are saying.  Really nice campaign, mission length is perfect and scenarios are all plausible.  The only issue I had was some scripting or unit erros in M09, but that didn't detract from the enjoyment.  Thanks Sedlo 🙂

Glad you enjoyed it, @Teeps.  Do you recall exactly what happened in MIssion 9?

• 1 month later...

Just tried mission 1, and I can't get the comms menu to come up. It works fine in all other Harrier missions. I am using the latest OB. Mappings all look correct and as mentioned works in other Harrier campaigns without issue. Also, the download link on user files has another archive within the archive with the same mission names, which ones are we  supposed to use?

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

10 minutes ago, zildac said:

Many thanks emoji1303.png

Hey @zildac ! 

Easy comms are forced on this mission, so you just need to press the "\" key to pull up the comms menu.

I noticed I double saved the files, I've uploaded the correct version to the user files now.  I "think" they are both the same, but just to be sure I'd download the new one.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3134805/

Cheers,

Sedlo

Hey @zildac
Easy comms are forced on this mission, so you just need to press the "\" key to pull up the comms menu.
I noticed I double saved the files, I've uploaded the correct version to the user files now.  I "think" they are both the same, but just to be sure I'd download the new one.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3134805/

Cheers,

Sedlo

Hey, many thanks for looking. Understood, I'll grab the latest and try easy comms.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 4 months later...

Just finished the campaign. I really enjoyed each mission.

So I just come here to say thank you!

Difficulty and length were adequate for me to play each per day. Effort to make radio voice helps the campaign immersive.

Uniqueness of 10 scenarios are surprising given harrier is a pure attacker jet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monotone said:

Just finished the campaign. I really enjoyed each mission.

So I just come here to say thank you!

Difficulty and length were adequate for me to play each per day. Effort to make radio voice helps the campaign immersive.

Uniqueness of 10 scenarios are surprising given harrier is a pure attacker jet.

I’m really glad you enjoyed the campaign!  That was exactly my goal in making it. 

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Loving this so far, did a MP version ever materialise?

No, it didn’t.  There is such a difference in making single player vs multiplayer it’s hard to do well. 

some have had some success setting the wingman to CLIENT.  THe lead aircraft has to be hosting the server locally (won’t work in dedicated server). 

Also, if lead gets shot down then the mission can’t proceed.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

No, it didn’t.  There is such a difference in making single player vs multiplayer it’s hard to do well. 

some have had some success setting the wingman to CLIENT.  THe lead aircraft has to be hosting the server locally (won’t work in dedicated server). 

Also, if lead gets shot down then the mission can’t proceed.  

No worries, I understand. I'll try the suggestion for sure 👍