Some Nostalgia thought while waiting for the download

maks

Dear Wags and ED team, fellow virtual pilots,

While i am at 27% of the 2.5 update , i suddenly recall some nostalgic moments attached to this siumulation software.

1995 : attending a pc game fair in Brussels , Belgium

on a big screen , a promotion video of russian pilot Anatoly Kvotchur for the Flanker software by SSI

i was amazed of the simulator as at that time i flew only Falcon 3 but i had no pc to run the Flanker series

1997 : finally after a 2 year wait i bought a copy of Flanker and a new pc that run it smoothly

1999 : a family member went to the USA and brought back a copy of Flanker 2

2001 : due to the addiction to the SU27 flanker series , i headed to the MAKS airshow in Moscow !

2003 : 1february2003 : had an opportunity to join a press pre release of LOCKON in Rotterdam

snowing like hell and nearly did not made it on time , on the tv one of the space shuttles exploded live on the screen

28november2003 : quit work and headed for a 100km trip to the nearest game shop to finally get a copy of LOCKON

2005-2012 : LOCKON flaming cliffs 1,2 .........and even 3 ? dont remember correctly

2008 : meeting Jim from ED team at Brussels in the release of BLACK SHARK

2012-2017 : DCS , different versions , numerous modules (now 13 in ttl)

2018 : 30january2018 : DCS 2.5 , same exitement as in 1995 , The FLANKER series comes home !

To all ED team and all people involved ,

Many thank for all those wonderful years you have given us , virtual would be pilots !

Congratulations and many thanks to make our sometimes unreachable dreams still come thru on the small screen or VR glasses

brgds Maks - Belgium

• Like 1

2009 for me with Black Shark.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The first thing that ever got me hooked on LOMAC was seeing a video of an F-15 flying low over the Black Sea landscape and thinking how unbelievably real it looked. I went out and bought a copy that very day.

I have owned every version and module (with one exception) since that point.

That same feeling came over me when I saw the F/A-18 video flying low over the new Black Sea map over a decade later. :) I feel like a kid again.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Grade 3 for me with the first Flanker game. It was on the computer in the school library. Using the smoke, trying to land. I had no idea what I was doing but I was hooked for some reason. Shooting at random things.

Its has always stuck with me my whole life.

It blew me away when I found out that LOMAC and DCS were the same guys.

Just funny how somethings are always with you.

Edited by Sneak69

2001 with Flanker 2.5 in India

2003 LockON

Been in the community since then. :D

Damn... I was showing a friend of mine the new F/A-18C Hornet trailer, who saw me buy and play LOMAC in 2003 and he couldn't believe that it was in-game and not a cutscene. Crazy how far we have come. I can't even imagine where we will be in another 10y.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I first came alomg around 2011-2012, initially intimidated by the complexity, I didn't do.much with it for years. About a year ago, I really set to learning more about aircraft, avionics, and DCS simulations. Starting with the 25T, I rapidly progressed to building a full cockpit and studying the Harrier in depth =) Didn't know what I was missing out on all those years!

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2