THANK YOU FOR 2.5 EAGLE DYNAMICS!

Dutch Baron

ED you´ve blown me away... Such a great improvement, THANK YOU!!

I haven´t expected such a smooth update. Really great. Nearly everything (without view range) maxed out (trees, grass- looks soooo great on the highest setting) and that´s in VR!!

Unbelievable good job, guys! That´s and the upcoming Hornet will push DCS to the top of the throne... Top notch!

Thanks Ed TEAM best sim ever ! Thanks for you hard work thx thx !!!

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Thanks ED for this fantastic simulator, after so many years DCS WORD shows its great potential in 2.5, it can be said that ED has touched the sky with its simulator. Contemplate those wonderful landscapes from heaven is priceless, and if your plane has an autopilot, press to take a look from the cockpit calmly. :pilotfly::thumbup:

Edited by purpi

What a release! thanks ED for this, the continuation of our hobby. I am living the dream between the rift, DCS and my thrustmaster gear.

And what awesomeness in the near future! Persian gulf! F-14!, F/A-18!, Mi-24!, F-4E!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Took a bit to get visual settings tweaked but much smoother transition than I thought it would be. Looks great! My favorite so far is landing on the back of the deck on the Tarawa, looking over my shoulders and seeing the rolling waves coming off the ship when its moving. Just friggin awesome!!

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Simply...Stunning

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

A big congratulations to the entire Eagle Dynamics team! What an accomplishment – one that will be remembered as a milestone event for the franchise. I hope you were able to relax and celebrate the moment before going back to the daily grind. Maybe this weekend has some additional celebratory aspects to it?! :smilewink:

When I think back to the days of Flanker (I started with Falcon AT), I can remember being “blown away” by what I saw. How funny – some 20ish years later, I am once again blown away by your work. DCS 2.5 simply looks amazing and lifelike. I can’t imagine what another 10 years brings us. Thanks ED for ushering in the new standard in Flight Simulations and customer service. You will continue getting my financial support!

Now I need to expedite that computer upgrade so I can run 2.5 and the upcoming Hornet in all their intended glory. Cheers to you all! :beer:

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Can we really say thank you enough? I got to get into it for about 15 minute with one of the

missions to start on the ramp in the A-10C...it's been a while but I managed the startup

sequence, but during the time of start up I was just thoroughly impressed with the make

over of the airbase. I finally got airborne and did some high and low level along the shores

and mountains. I was so giddy!

Did anyone notice the trees swaying? :)

Job well done ED!! I am a life long customer!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

What a change! Reloaded the metashaders, set graphics options, threw on the rift and made an early morning winter mission with overcast skies in the Mirage. It finally (IMHO) looks life-like in the Caucasus region! The street lights, rolling hills, tiny rivers and streams flanked by trees, runways, water and waves.... Looks amazing and for me runs ssoo smooth. Love it! I think all my missions will be winter oriented for awhile!

Thanks ED, the satisfaction I felt in wiping Alpha off the computer.

:thumbup:

It was a good feeling indeed!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thank you Eagle Dynamics team for DCS World 2.5 and this amazing new free Caucasus map. For anyone that has been sitting on the sidelines waiting to see the results, I can firmly say that your wait is over.

I spent several hours yesterday flying over most of the Eastern half of the map. The airbases are incredible compared to the old map. The concrete runways and updated structures look like they were built yesterday and the interspersing of trees really makes the map come alive. It looks like all of the taxiways have markers and proper lighting now and the new lighting poles on the ramps look nice.

The changes in the city and towns to make them more realistic is a major difference. Some of the towns looked a little bit cookie cutter before but now they look more like real places. I'm sure the team spent time researching the proper location of major structures and roads because it looks like it was well thought out. The major towns have updated buildings that look very realistic from a distance. I know it's a trade-off in processing versus eye candy, but nicely done.

I took a flight over the mountains following a road that cuts North and passes through several towns. I'm blown away by the way the road and rivers cut through the forests and how smooth they are now. The old sharp angles are gone and the roads meander through the valleys and pass by the villages and look very realistic now. I drove around in a Humvee for awhile and got a chance to see the trees close up and bump into them. The differences in colors and textures are nice.

Flying and learning how to navigate in choppers on this map will be an incredible experience now! Being able to duck into small clearings to avoid fast movers and popping up to do guided missile attacks will be thrilling. I even purposely flew low enough in my A-10C to brush the very tips of some trees and heard a couple clunks surprisingly. I took no damage which was a what I would expect but it was still a pleasant surprise to know that the trees are modeled so well.

The progressive grass and Speedtrees are well worth every minute we waited to get it. I have not noticed any difference in performance from the old map compared to the new map and I run on a pretty old system with just a fairly new graphics card. I know that there are probably small items to iron out over the next few months but I didn't notice any show stoppers. I've already spent about 8 or 9 hours doing different scenarios with very little trouble. Only a little bit longer loading time.

The detail on the shores look a little bit scaled down but I'm sure that this is another trade-off in performance over visual aspect. Not noticeable at flight altitude and if you're in combat it's really irrelevant unless you end up in the chute. Flying through the mountain peaks is another amazing experience because the new textures and terrain resolution make them look so real, it's hard to concentrate on where you're going now.

Thank you ED again for this really well done update to our free terrain. I'm sure that we'll get many, many years of enjoyment out out of it. My hope is that this release will generate some serious excitement in the simulation community and bring back some old friends and help us make some new ones.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just flew my F-5E in Caucasus for the first time.

WOW!!!!! It's so beautiful. Simply stunning.

Runs super smooth at 1440p with high settings on a 1070ti. It was worth the wait.

I'm just kind flying around looking at stuff and will be for a while. No need for any of that warfighting just yet! I might even buy the CE2 just to fly it around and look at the scenery.

PC specs:

This is a great thread. Let me add my thanks and congrats on an amazing update. It just looks so nice. I have just about crashed several times now because I was paying to much attention to how great everything looks and not on what I was doing. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]