DCS 2.5 - Super Slow Down Load Speed

Tripps

Anyone with a complete download could try seeding the files using the torrents located in the DCS World folders. I'm at work right now so i can't give the exact location but I'm seeding the base 2.5 download right now.

Unfortunately, people are only sharing the files that they have downloaded while they are downloading. Whenever they are done downloading, they are no longer seeding. I wish ED would release the torrents so people with the ability to seed the files when they are not downloading anymore.

While updating the torrents can be found in the DCS World folder. I started downloading using those files yesterday and I'm seeding all the 15 or so torrent files right now.

Edited by RaXha

Also doesn't help that anything routing thru Level3.net is shit right now plus anything atlas.cogentco.com.

Edited by wild turkey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else having issues downloading the 2.5 Update from the DCS server ?

I downloaded the first 58GB in about ten minutes, now I've been going at it for six hours trying to get the second 15GB torrent file.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks

Tripps

The servers were being slanmed. Took me 5 hours to download 2.5.....wasnt you, it was alk of us!!. .LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i dream of 5 hours, mines been going for 12 and is only half way, it's gotten down to 25-35 KB/s at its lowest , although I'm in Australia so it's a horrible combination of absolutely terrible internet and slow servers, it's like watching the worlds slowest clock :(

edit : they also really need to add the ability to pause the download, it's tying up my computer until it's done :/

Edited by skarden
  • Like 1

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

• 2 years later...

Following what appeared to be corruption issues, I decided to do a clean install of both DCS World and Open Beta. DCS World took nearly 6 hrs plus the time for Maps, Modules and Campaigns probably another 6 hrs. Just looked at D/Ling Open Beta and that (complete with all modules) is shown as 152284 MB/s which, at 2.7 MB/s is over 15 hrs. As I currently do not have any Early access modules, is it really worth running both versions?

I've said many times that OB downloads slow for me compared to stable. I can't even install OB anymore. I get a download speed of 1 MB/s and it will time out at about 12 hours with only half of the download done. I can download stable at 14.5 MB/s and get the whole download is a little over 1 1/2 hours.

This isn't right but it gets ignored by mods. I can't believe the problem is on my end or I couldn't get such good download speed for stable. I've tested my bandwidth speed while downloading OB and stable and it's always the same.

This is a bandwidth test speed. It's pathetic that I get only 1 MB/s for a download speed for OB.

PING ms 14

DOWNLOAD Mbps 115.24

UPLOAD Mbps 11.32

Buzz

• ED Team
I'm having same issue here! Formatted my PC and now, trying to install DCS I'm getting 350kb/s max download rate.

Anyone know why the servers are tooooo slow? Normally I get 7-9bm/s

Please, reach for the support. They will provide you with the links to debug server problems.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like ED explain this one. BigNewy I know you're reading this. :)

I just did a new install of OB. If I install A-10C and A-10C ll separately I get 1.1 MB/s. If I install them together I get 14.5 MB/s. I can't see how the problem is on my end.

Buzz

• 2 weeks later...

When are these slow downloads going to be addressed? It is NOT my system nor my connection. ED servers are the only ones I download from that are below 4mb/s. I download steam games at 50+ and Epic and Origin games at 60+.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

You should take a look at the Windows Resource Monitor while DCS updates itself. Watch each tab, especially Disk and CPU tabs, and see which program accesses the "_downloads" subfolder and the global "DCS World" folder.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.