RAM Usage over 8GB's in 2.5

I know that im going to catch flak for not expecting this, but this is a bit overkill. i was running 3GB's, sometimes 4GBs of RAM usage in 1.5.8OA, Now im running over 6.1 Gbs and 2.3GBs page-file during loadd, and 5GBs once in and loaded, this makes multiplayer impossible. framerate wise everything is fine* for the most part.

*minor expected drop of about 10 frames.

Specs(I used to get 160FPS on high settings in 1.5.8OA):

Pentium G4560-3.5Ghz-Kabylake

EVGA 1050Ti 4GB

8GB RAM

I was expecting minor dips, and actually getting in game is fine on single player, everything looks stunning, but the load times are absolutely horrible now.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

Please note that its ok to take longer to load but its not ok to stutter while in game.

This is perfectly fine if its taking longer to load. Means data is being loaded in RAM once and for all. Once loaded it should not read from HDD anymore.

8 GB Ram wont cut it. U need atleast, I mean, ATLEAST 16 GBs to run latest games.

I know that im going to catch flak for not expecting this, but this is a bit overkill. i was running 3GB's, sometimes 4GBs of RAM usage in 1.5.8OA

You're comparing it with 1.5.8 OpenBeta or 2.2 OpenAlpha? If the former, it's not really comparable since the graphics engine and the terrain data is completely different in 2.2/2.5 so it will naturally increase the RAM usage compared to the obsolete 1.5.8.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Uh oh... time for a computer upgrade (though absolutely do not have anywhere like the money for it).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

...and DOOM3 doesn't run on my computer that used to run DOOM II flawlessly. It's almost as if hardware requirements change as games evolve. Who'd have thunk it?

Sarcasm helps nobody. keep it to yourself, a drop of almost 60-100 frames is absolutely bull.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I’m seeing 2.5 use nearly 14gb of RAM before becoming unresponsive. I think something is wrong too.

Edit: I’m using 16gb DDR3

Which aircraft were you flying? I had the same in 2.0 but only with the Mig 21 and only online. Today had the same issue (ran out of RAM at 16 GB) but was flying the harrier online.

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver

Hey Gents,

Updated last night and ran through Normandy with the Spit and new Caucasus map woth the Huey, Gazelle, Sabre, and Tiger. I am running on an older computer, AMD FX 8120 8 Core, Windows 10 Pro (64 of course), 16GB ram, and a Geforce GTX 960 (2 GB I think). Older computer but still runs everything on high with no horrible conflicts.

Need a new computer for sure and plan on it SOON, but still able to run without conflicts making 2.5 un playable. Not sure if that helps. I have no other apps or software running in the background. Hope you gents get it fixed. 2.5 is amazing. High five DCS.

off to a rocky rocky start... fun. i wonder how this was not caught in QA

+1 here

I bet that if I had more than 16GB RAM, it would have kept growing

I'm not sure about that buddy, I'm on 32GB of decent RAM and the game conked out around 16gb and softlocked on me, even waiting for the process to un-f#ck itself, but alas she crashed and burned.

Must say, the game looks fantastic, frame rate was smooth enough, but there's definitely something up with that memory allocation in MP servers. I don't know what's causing it but it's definitely there.

+1 here

I bet that if I had more than 16GB RAM, it would have kept growing

I also noticed that 2.5 use every byte RAM (16 GB) available but it won't necessary be a bad thing if it use this as cache instead of using the HD.

Of course I don't know for sure, only the dev's know but if that is the case it's a good thing and (0should)0 improve/ performance.

But of course it may also be a bug. Just thinking out loud :)

Edited by KeyCat

Even when i dropped my settings all the way to the lowest possible, can't keep fps even at a solid 45. gets choppy, chunky and down right ________ terrible. i don't understand how 16gigs of ram (DIMM?), GTX980 and an i7 6700 4ghz can struggle this much with this game. wish the help offered so far did something but it hasn't, nearly any combination. wish i could give you some kind of data log, or screen shot of task manager, or something cause with the f18 coming (purchased) and this new drop of 2.5 - it seems that i won't even be able to fly. it truly seems to be accentuated massively in multiplayer (sadly where all the fun is).

signed, and incredibly frustrated wanna be pilot :/

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

I've seen people report as much as 23GB of memory used. Why is 8GB listed as minimum and 16GB as recommended if people with 32GB are already running short on memory? Is this intended, or are there still unplugged memory leaks in 2.5?

yep, tha 16GB were likely enough for 1.5.x, I think even for MP in 1.5.x it wasnt enough, but now, hey, MP is 17-19GB on my end. Smooth as silk.

Imho 16GB will need to be upped to 24 or 32GB

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

So you decide if it is too much RAM being used or not, based on your own RAM amount ?!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X