Update Torrent

Captain Orso

While an update is running, well downloading, a torrent is active which AFAIK not only downloads from peers, but also has you acting as a peer for others. But once downloading is completed, the torrent ends and the downloaded files are installed.

Is there any way to maintain the torrenting for others, so that they get the download that much quicker, although my downloading is completed, or because it is?

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

While the update is in progress there is a temp folder with all the torrent files as well as all the downloaded packed data files in the download folder within the main dcs install folder. Once the download is complete the updater stops the torrents and unpacks the downloaded files, once that is complete the updater deletes the torrents and the downloaded packed files, saving space but preventing you from seeding.

I copied all the torrent files as well as what it had manage to download just before the download finished and before the updater deleted anything and moved them from my SSD to my HDD and then started all the torrents again with a torrent client (Deluge).

I have so far seeded about 2 terabytes worth of 2.5 files since yesterday evening at 30 MB/s.

It would be nice if the updater gave you the option to keep the install files and keep seeding once the update is complete.

Edited by Cp
  • Like 2

Yeah, it would be a nice option for nice people :)

I have to head to work and can't setup a torrent this time :(

Maybe ED might want to think about this. It could be torrenting the whole time I'm at work, and would be no hair off my teeth, because I have DSL and no data limits :music_whistling:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

We have a mailling list for those who want to seed. PM me with your email if you are interested.

Another option is to keep torrent files after the update and seed from them directly. But this should be set up before the update. If you are interested, I can post the details.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team

Unzip the attached file to the root of your DCS install folder.

It will create the autoupdate_dev.cfg file, with the contents:

{
"keep_torrents": true
}

This will tell the updater to keep all torrent-related files in the _downloads/ folder.

You can seed directly from there.

autoupdate_keep_torrents.zip

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Is there a torrent file I can use to join the swarm and help others?

I have 1000mbps down and 100 up unlimited usage.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Is there a torrent file I can use to join the swarm and help others?

I have 1000mbps down and 100 up unlimited usage.

Read a few posts up and you will note that c0ff told you the answer already:

We have a mailling list for those who want to seed. PM me with your email if you are interested.

• 3 months later...

torrent link for dcs 2.5? I’d love to download it except I am on a shared network. I have to stop it from time to time.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.