ATC and VAICOM

moggel

Getting p to speed with the A-10C and I have two questions:

1. I often don't get a response from ATC when I ask for Taxi and Take-off clearence. I am running advanced COMMs but seeing that I can usually get a start-up clearance I don't understand if I am doing something wrong or if this is a well-known issue with the sim itself. I tend to be running 2.2 in Normandy or Nevada.

2. This one is for you guys who have more experience with VAICOM, which I just got. The proble here is that if I take off from one airbase and then want to land at a different one it seems VAICOM gets in my way. What happens is that I change frequency to the destination airfield but when I press the transmit button to declare INBOUND the frequency gets reset to the original airfield. It this due to some setting I haven't found?

Cheers!

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

ATC problems are not too uncommon. Make sure you are using the right radio maybe, you have 3.

Thanks but, like I mentioned, I am requesting Taxi and Take-off clearance in the exact same way (frequency, transmit switch) that I am (successfully) requesting startup clearance. Is there more to think about than the frequency and transmit switch?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

After the upgrade to 2.5 I now get taxi clearance most of the time but take-off clearance from RWY 03 i still only given when I start taxiing onto the runway. Usually I first get an "unable to clear for takeoff" and two seconds later I get clearance. Seems to be a bug relating to Nellies and, perhaps, triggers based on my location.

Another thing, which I assume is generic in DCS, is that ATC doesn't specify which runway (right/left) they are referring to when there's two parallell runways.

least you get clearance, I ask for start........nothing

I ask for take off...........nothing

I ask any thing.........nothing, well very rarely, it seemed better in 1.5.8 so maybe its a little insect in 2.5?

Same here after the last update 2.5 Fix 1. Problem is that also the radio communication didn't work with Comm Menus. E.G. ATC for Batumi set to 131.00. No ATC Callback neither via VIACOM nor via Comm Menus. Have somebody same problems?

Thank feck for that. So I’m not going mental then?? Lol. I’ve been in touch with Hollywood, I’ve tried everything so far he’s suggested but no fix as yet. Most don’t seem to have a problem though so maybe there is an underlying issue with some set ups.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Same here after the last update 2.5 Fix 1. Problem is that also the radio communication didn't work with Comm Menus. E.G. ATC for Batumi set to 131.00. No ATC Callback neither via VIACOM nor via Comm Menus. Have somebody same problems?

Hi,

Radio Assists : OFF

Easy Communication : OFF

Batumi

Mission with Cold Start and only Battery + Radio AM 131.0 ON ? - I got no answer

Try it after ..., AC Generators ON

I got an answer from ATC for "Request engine startup"

-------------------------------------------------------

Mission with Takeoff from Parking Hot

Request "Taxi to runway"

I got an answer from ATC for "Request taxi to runway"

Hi,

Batumi

Mission with Cold Start and only Battery + Radio AM 131.0 ON ? - I got no answer

Request "Taxi to runway"

Interestingly, I always have to request it twice in since the patch

1. Call ATC for startup - No answer

2. Call ATC again for startup - Startup approved

Same for my wingman

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I spent practically a whole day getting my voice-activated commands (VoiceAttack) working properly. First ensure in the cockpit the correct radio is set to the correct tower freq. I have the 3 radio menu invoke commands mapped to throttle 4-way mic switch. When I press a mic button, the associated radio comms menu pops up. I then use voice commands from that point.

As an aid, I have standard freq channel assignment files for each radio (VHF_AM_RADIO) that I add with WinRAR to the mission (.miz) file, so I know Kobuleti is always AM ch4, for example.

Hi,

Batumi

Request "Taxi to runway"

I did an downgrading to the released launch version of Beta 2.5. So everything works fine. After installation of Fix 1 no response on the radios.

I did Maple Flags BTQ Campaign and startup according to the checklist. So startup request comes after running APU und APU Gen.

I did an downgrading to the released launch version of Beta 2.5. So everything works fine. After installation of Fix 1 no response on the radios.

I did Maple Flags BTQ Campaign and startup according to the checklist. So startup request comes after running APU und APU Gen.

Hi,

Strange - my test was 90 minutes after Hotfix 2

(checked the date of the autoupdate_log.txt and the test.miz )