with openbeta 2.5.0.13818 Tobii Eyetracker 4C stopped working

maquez

unfortunately with openbeta 2.5.0.13818 the Tobii Eyetracker 4C stopps working due to a missing dll file.

I could fix this problem by copy from version 1.5.8 or 2.2.0 the file "HeadTracker.dll" from ...\DCSWorld\bin to openbeta 2.5.0, with that I got the Eyetracker working again.

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

Im having huge shuttering/ lag (remember the old HDD lags?...)

Turns out its the Tobii Eye tracker 4c. When turning eye tracking software OFF its back too smooth ass.... :/

Will try to reach out to Tobii as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thx

• 2 months later...

Response from Tobii

I got this response back from Tobii today.

Hi again,

One of our QA testers did a fresh install of this and got it to work right away. That file was included.

Could you try to uninstall it, download and make a clean install again?

Otherwise, you would have to contact the DCS team and what's wrong. It should be included during the installation.

Thanks!

I don't know what they mean when they say "That file". If you have a Tobii 4C and it is not working with DCS 2.5, can you sound off in this thread and also open a ticket with Tobii to see if we can get some momentum on this issue. Right now it is just a finger pointing game.

Rift:

Also, Please indicate if you have a Rift installed.

I have the Rift installed and working with DCS 2.5.

Procedure I am using to swap from Rift to 4C:

1) Disable VR in DCS

2) Ensure Oculus SW is not running

3) Enable EyeTracker on the taskbar menu

4) Open EyeTracker game hub and enable DCS as a game

The gamehub says you need to navigate to the DCS binary through their GUI. I have completed this step as well.

However, I do not see any key bindings show up in the game. I think we have a conflict.

• 3 months later...

Yeah my Tobii eye tracker is not working in the open beta as well. Seriously I am thinking about returning it because even though I don't like the wires the Tracker IR 5 is a MUCH better solution!

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I just make work the tobii 5 with DCS really smooth and full integrate just doing these steps with the help from Darren [Tobii dev team]. Hope this can help anyone of you guys.

Have you tried changing the game folder name?

Ex. change "/DCSWorld" to "/DCSWorldxxx" or anything like that. As long it doesn't say DCSWorld it should work.

So follow these steps:

1.change the folder name

2.reboot game hub

Now you should be able to manually select the game.

Not Steam edition and last open version 2.5.6...

• 1 year later...

Mine works fine now - I'm using the Non-Steam DCS World Open Beta (8 July 2021 - just installed the Marianas map)

I grabbed the headtracker.dll from the Tobii app directory/folder and copied it into my DCS bin folder (where the DCS.exe is).

From then on, it worked perfectly.

Before I did that, I ran the Tobii app using administrator privileges - no good.

Renamed the DCS World OpenBeta to DCS World too - no good.

Once I had simply copied that dll over, I renamed my DCS folder back to DCS World and found still that everything worked perfectly.  Bloody brilliant app, by the way - I much prefer to TrackIR.