DCS 2.5 Freezes

MAD-MM

My freezes have defrosted I hope... Started DCS 2.5 with 1 pre rendered frame in Nvidia control panel and the sim would lock normally coming into land. So went to 3 PRF and no freezes but the odd micro freeze, OK with that until after hours of flying in different modules it locked up. So went to allow application controlled PRF and no micro freezes or lock ups so far. One more thing turned off MSAA in DCS 2.5 and turned on FXAA in Nvidia control panel.

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better, now

I haven't had any more freezes after I set PRF = 3 in the nVidia control panel.

I also changed the FOV to 120, but I have doubts that was a factor; I use one screen and no VR.

FWIW

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All i can say that i had some freezes and today i reinstall nvidia drivers and install ONLY driver. No more frezzes.

Guys, try to use DDU uninstaller and clean your system of all nvidia files.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

All i can say that i had some freezes and today i reinstall nvidia drivers and install ONLY driver. No more frezzes.

Guys, try to use DDU uninstaller and clean your system of all nvidia files.

But, you use 3 monitors in fullscreen , and , inside DCS... option, system, monitor, yout set 3 screen or 1 ?? this freezing happens only with 1 screen set !!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Before 2.5 all three versions crashed so much

I was really going nuts.

Now with 2.5 I can sometimes play

for a half hour or more, and no crash, just

total freeze with sound playing.

Skatezillas gui program has been a Godsend

and really improved realiability of the game

not crashing after startup ( old three versions), and I am thankful

He made it.

ED has done a great job, and I thank them

for all the hard work.

But, you use 3 monitors in fullscreen , and , inside DCS... option, system, monitor, yout set 3 screen or 1 ?? this freezing happens only with 1 screen set !!

dude just stop i got so frustrated today i tried what you said and couldnt get my game back out of 3 monitor mode. thanks for messing the game up worse.

i tried setting the game to different settings for PRF but no fixes for me. I am still unsure of how to set the game to 120 for fov exactly but i will have to unbork the main menu because i decided to do something i knew i shouldnt have.

edit: seems the prf might have fixed for me after all! more to come.

Edited by wardinson

Same freezing issue with me... It really is annoying. :-( Most of the time I get only 5-10 minutes of play before it just stops. Like others, sound just works fine.

Running on three screens at 1920x1080 each. GeForce 1060 with 3Gb

Using TrackIR v5 too

Please, coul'd you post you settings on DCS and nvidia software ?

What is you GPU and CPU ?

Thanks in advance !

CPU: AMD FX6100

GPU: GTX 780ti 3GB

RAM: 16GB DDR3

In attachment are my settings that give me 60FPS with VSYNC ON... on full server at some parking FPS is 25+ but after takeoff is 60 at 104th server.

hhLZY2h.png

GWli7Wc.png

UkoRJok.png

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Howdi all

So, i tried Nevada today in 2.5 ( first time since installing 2.5) and ya, went straight to black screen and vid card fans rpms shot up. Had to do a hard reboot.

Had this problem with Nevada before 2.5 ..just surprised it migrated this issue to Caucasus .

I have 3 screens, Triple Head2GO and a GTX 1080 vid card.

Attached are my crash logs from a couple of flights...the most recent one is Nevada and the other is Caucasus.

dcs.log-20180207-165929.zip

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

I'm confused....!

you tell that you use 3 monitors but your resolution is 1920x1080 ??

Here my resolution is 5760 x 1080

Thank you

I told you above, one monitor. We did not understand each other. Also, I apologize for falling into the thread ... I did not realize it was about three monitors. :pilotfly:

Well just completed the latest update and things are worse now. Prior to this update I could run between 5 and 15 minutes before freezing with just sound after update 1 to 5 minutes same settings.

Running 3 monitors 7680 X 1440

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

OK Just set it to one monitor @ 2560 X 1440 seems to be working much better. I have no problem flying X plane 11 and and 1.58 with all 3 monitors. With 2.2 I had a freeze or crash once in the while but could finish most campaign flights. I don't know whats up with 2.5 but I sure hope they fix it soon.

Edited by Shortcut
Changed monitors from 3 to 1

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I've been having many similar crashes since the release of NTTR (that's when I jumped into Alpha/Beta builds). Pretty much guaranteed when I was running Alpha or Beta. I would occasionally get a lock up with the last audio "note" holding steady when it would freeze in the Stable branch, but not NEARLY as often.

I don't really get this much in Stable now but I'm definitely still getting it in 2.5 often. Seems totally random as to when it occurs in game. Sometimes early on, sometimes much later after a while of playing. Always on single player as I haven't really gotten into multiplayer yet.

Setup Specs:

i7-3930k@3.20GHz

32 gig Ram (probably DDR3... not sure)

nVidia GTX1080 8GB GDDR5x

nVidia GTX660 Ti 4GB

Pushing 5760x1800 across 5 monitors using the 1 camera + 2 MFCDs Monitor Setup

1 Camera for 5760x1200 three main 1920x1200 monitors + 2 MFCDs on two tiny 800x600 monitors

In 1.5 Stable I'm always running custom A-10c cockpit textures, 476th Weapon Repaint Mod, Diveplane's unofficial soundpack 2.9.2, either Barthek's GTM 7.0 or Starways Caucasus DLC, and TAD-Map-A10 mods.

In 2.5 I'm running the A-10c cockpit textures, 476th Weapon Repaint, Diveplane's Sound.

I played around with my settings last night changing my 7680 X 1440 to some different settings. I can run @ 6680 X 1420 fairly steady some slight shaking but flew for over 35 minutes with no freeze. I need to set to 1420 over 1440 so I can drag the screen to center. This has to be with the way they are handling Hi Def Screens in 2.5. I have no problem in 1.58. I really like the 3 monitors over a single so I'll keep it at 6680 X 1420 until they fix it.

My game freezes are less frequent after changing Pre-Rendered Frames to 3. But, it still will happen.

What seems to trigger this freeze, for me, is sweeping my view around too rapidly/vigorously.

I use Track IR. Checking my 6 caused a freeze last night.

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

Frozen today for me - One was nasty, I was returning from having completed a mission sucessfully :-(

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S