Moving map ?

Zarma

I ask something, what partially deny the realism target. But could it be possible to have that moving map itself be swappable by the player if the official and realistic map doesn't... fill the needs of the user?

Like I would love to see the KA-50 (aka F-10 aka Mission Editor) kind map data used in a A-10C, instead its terrible low resolution mushy scanned with all scanner errors, where you can't even really see anything well than where is your general direction! While with ABRIS you can actually use it as your benefit.

I would so much love to use the actual Russian maps

24010797438_5ccee38a43_o.png

https://www.wired.com/2015/07/secret-cold-war-maps/

maps_newyork1.jpg

Such detailed maps, even when using modern Google Maps or Open Street Map data... It would make so much more interesting to fly around different places. In multiplayer the Integrity Check would of course require force official map but... Still.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/43.5893/39.7261

So somehow to get a the image files of the maps and get them mapped for the actual positions and it would just be cool mod project for some.

Why? When all those good modern maps don't match what's in Dcs world. So you would look for terrain and other.features for reference that won't be their. That may work in fsx and others but not dcs

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Almost 3 months after the release of Harrier and almost no really relevant update so far...

When I saw the log I ran to see the map and had nothing...

I am very disappointed with the progress of updates to this module.

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Almost 3 months after the release of Harrier and almost no really relevant update so far...

Don't forget that there probably wasn't a lot of point in doing updates when 2.5 was rolling out. Better to wait and get it right first time than push it out and it break when a major platform update then comes out a few days later.

Must be new to early access then...

It's all part of the deal you bought into, prepare yourself for future disappointments. Or, just work with what you have and await the updates as the development process moves ahead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

You must have missed a lot of stuff in the forum right? For example 19 pages of bug reports and a lot of them fixed or wip, not to mention the TGP and todays autopilot addition...

In case you are aware of it, it's a pity that you think a team of half a dozen people with real jobs and lifes (I suppose) isn't dedicating every single minute of their time to their Early Access product which got a whole new base with 2.5 two weeks ago. For me the communication strategy could get some improvement but overall I'm happy with the progress. Good that everybody has his own opinion. So if you want to stay disappointed feel free to do so...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be a simmer requires patience and hopefully over time the dev or someone will handle any number of hundreds of things from game crashers, performance issues, the location or absence of a rivet or locations of a access panel being off 5mm.

Those who expect perfection for $60 and issues to be delt with within weeks or suffer from OCD will not last long in simming. It's expensive, requires under the hood knowledge and expect more time spent tweeking the settings, experimenting with computer hardware and settings and often just "dealing with it".

I know this as I have been at it since Microprose F-19. I can still remember DOS commands and can recite the fs9/FSX/P3D .cfg in my sleep. I can relate and understand the frustration but i already suffer from hypertension and refuse to let a "game" and a $60 addon upset me. If it's that bad, I will delete it and never purchase another product. Matter of fact I DID just had enogh of FSX and went to console gaming for a few years. Now I jumped back in when VR hit $400 and even with all it's warts, issues and horrible performance, I am once again back in until I have "had enough" and walk away until the next level is achieved. Checking the update forums and patch releases everyday is no way to live. Just fly the thing. Or don't.

Edited by JIMJAM

WAGs n Team et al have simply been outstanding from the "git go". I have been flying SIMs since the original APPLE ][+ 1979 (I still have that 'ole Apple.... 5 1/4 Drvs n green phosphor monitor still function)

I have also been flying this SIM from the "Git Go"

The constant updates from the "Git Go" have been second to none in the sim world regarding.... FLIGHT.... oh may I add.... systems....functionality..... immersion ..... fun factor..... CHALLENGING and satisfying when we master specifics of our chosen A/C..... and the community offering support to the "NOOB" and the skilled.... and of course WAGS/TEAM response n feedback to our collective queries over the years..... outstanding.

....take a gander at youtube...... simply amazing the "tootorials" out there.....amazing people taking the time, THEIR time to tutor..... Red Kite.... Jabbers ..... WAGs............etc etc etc etc

BUG REPORTS are indeed required however.... quite frankly providing none constructive "whining" is......

We should be extremely satisfied with the progress....

just me opinion..... FLAK JACKET donned...

VMT WAGS, Team and those YOOTOOBERS!!!!!!!

TiGGs sends

Edited by 401TIGGER

Deadlines..... I love the sound when they go whooshing by.....

Windows 10 Pro w WARTHOG HOTAS and Crosswinds MFG Pedals;

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

Very happy with the progress of the harrier. We received mission critical updates pretty quickly imo. I've been flying these modules for 10 years though, so coming from that point of view I understand this stuff is very complex and updates come accordingly.

I have a system now with early access aircraft where I just get as proficient as possible with what we have then move on to the enxt system as updates come out.

At the moment I modded the A-10 campaign for the harrier and so far so good. Have everything we need to complete missions.

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

WAGs n Team ...

This is not an ED module.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is not an ED module.

accurate your text above...... you miss the point sir..... WAGs n TEAM ;-)

enjoy your day

TiGGs sends

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

The early access policy reflects the community we have today ... There is always an excuse for any criticism and everything is difficult to solve.

In my work I need to present a new product, planning it and the deadline, I can sell an unfinished product without problems, but I can not sell a product without estimating a delivery time and I guarantee that most of all whole world also work that way.

I do not buy the module just to enjoy it, but also to help developers grow and bring better products and more comfort to their customers. For me it could be only $ 60 and make no difference to the community and developers, but the "$ 60" of 10 friends of mine are already $ 600, in the squad that I participate are much more than $ 1500. If this is indifferent to you, I'm sorry.

I'm not a newcomer to DCS and I know how things work, but in recent times I see the growth of the platform, but at the same time new policies only hinder those who want to play quietly. It's okay that we have an early access, but the least we should have is more transparency between developers and the community, a minimum threshold of features that should be present in the early acess (example of this is the Harrier radio that is a super functionality basic, but not yet present in the module) and mainly a deadline.

Anyway, everyone has the right to opinion, I respect the opinion of all members of this forum and above all, I respect Razbam's work very much and I am sure we will have a module at Mirage level, I only disagree on the points I mentioned above.

• Like 1

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Concur

Very happy with the progress of the harrier. We received mission critical updates pretty quickly imo. I've been flying these modules for 10 years though, so coming from that point of view I understand this stuff is very complex and updates come accordingly.

I have a system now with early access aircraft where I just get as proficient as possible with what we have then move on to the enxt system as updates come out.

At the moment I modded the A-10 campaign for the harrier and so far so good. Have everything we need to complete missions.

Which campaign ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I personally believe that "Early Access" the only analogy I can think of is kind of them letting us look through the window. Doesnt mean we are in the house. What we see through the window is all we can do, we can shout at the window as much as we want but they may not hear us.

So with that in mind, I am very grateful that there is an early access system in place, which allows us to have a play with the new toys as they grow.

Would people actually prefer having to wait till the module is feature complete? I certainly wouldnt. Early Access allows people to use the systems and get used to them while they are drip fed to us, which is kinda a good thing, for me at least.

I do believe, however, that some of the grammer that ED uses when posting is a little misleading sometimes, in that it can be taken more than one way, this i imagine is down to the translation from one language to another.

Take the recent update notes

Added EHSD Moving Map (Work-in-Progress)

this to me insinuates that there is a Moving Map however all functionality isn't there yet, pretty much like the TPOD when that was mistakenly released.

What ED should have put was

Re-write of the EHSD page to enable work to continue on the moving map.

As i said i am very happy with the module so far.

Keep up the good work Guys

Cheers Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I personally believe that "Early Access" the only analogy I can think of is kind of them letting us look through the window. Doesnt mean we are in the house. What we see through the window is all we can do, we can shout at the window as much as we want but they may not hear us.

So with that in mind, I am very grateful that there is an early access system in place, which allows us to have a play with the new toys as they grow.

Would people actually prefer having to wait till the module is feature complete? I certainly wouldnt. Early Access allows people to use the systems and get used to them while they are drip fed to us, which is kinda a good thing, for me at least.

I do believe, however, that some of the grammer that ED uses when posting is a little misleading sometimes, in that it can be take more than one way, this i imagine is down to the translation from one language to another.

Take the recent update notes

Added EHSD Moving Map (Work-in-Progress)

this to me insinuates that there is a Moving Map however all functionality isn't there yet, pretty much like the TPOD when that was mistakenly released.

What ED should have put was

Re-write of the EHSD page to enable work to continue on the moving map.

As i said i am very happy with the module so far.

Keep up the good work Guys

Cheers Specter

I have nothing against early acces , actually I have bought most DCS modules as early acces.

Problem is the speed at which they are developing.

Especially Razbam, having left the M2000C behind in orer to focus on the next project - AV-8B.

While I do love the AV-8B, I´m far from happy seeing the M2000C being put on the waiting shelf, since I actually paid for the early acces M2000C with the expectation that they would finish it as quick as possible (I know that the devs probably are doing these projects in their sparetime).

So while I like the AV-8B I still find that it would be appropriate for them to finish the M2000C first.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I have nothing against early acces , actually I have bought most DCS modules as early acces.

Problem is the speed at which they are developing.

Especially Razbam, having left the M2000D behind in orer to focus on the next project - AV-8B.

While I do love the AV-8B, I´m far from happy seeing the M200D being put on the waiting shelf, since I actually paid for the early acces M2000D with the expectation that they would finish it as quick as possible (I know that the devs probably are doing these projects in their sparetime).

So while I like the AV-8B I still find that it would be appropriate for them to finish the M2000D first.

you mean C not D ?

also if im not mistaken Razbam HAVE been updating the mirage, even the last hotfix had a updates for the harrier and 2000C

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

The issue there in is that when people purchase the product they agreed to the terms and conditions

Section 2 OWNERSHIP states

2.1 The Program is licensed for your use. This Licence confers no title or ownership in the Program and should not be construed as a sale of any rights in the Program. This Licence shall also apply to any patches or updates you may obtain from TFC for the Program

Any patches or updates you may obtain, which infers that they don't have to do anything.

I agree with you that a module should be finished before people move onto the next, but if the module is 98% complete and the occasional bug is found then this will take a back burner, unless the developers charge accordingly for the time they may or may not be presented with bugs to fix, just so people can have them fixed within a certain small time frame.

At the end of the day people have to feed their families and live life, in order to do that people need money, such is the way of the world.

I too bought the M2000C in early access, unfortunately I don't really care for the air-frame so am not really bothered about if its finished or not, but i am sure there are people that love it.

Cheers Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you mean C not D ?

also if im not mistaken Razbam HAVE been updating the mirage, even the last hotfix had a updates for the harrier and 2000C

My bad - C offcourse.

Well those updates has been rather minor compared to what still needs to be done.

As someone else noted - it´s almost a year since we where told that the PCA code would be rewritten. Also INS updating is rudimentary at the moment.

Imagine thos people who have bought the M2000C with no intend to by the AV-8B and then see how focus has been shifted from the unfinished M2000C (which they actually have paid for) to the AV-8B where much stronger progress is shown. I guess most would feel kind of being cheated.

But this discussion is better to be held in the M2000C forum - so sorry for going OT.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

no worries mate, its always good to have discussions - fly safe

Specter

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Must be new to early access then...

It's all part of the deal you bought into, prepare yourself for future disappointments. Or, just work with what you have and await the updates as the development process moves ahead.

Indeed, you must be patient, M2000c is 2 years old and still far from being finished. Harrier people are lucky.

Which campaign ?

A10C - Georgian Hammer.

Just copy the campaign folder and paste it in the harrier missions folder then open the individual mission files in the mission editor and change the A-10C client aircraft to the harrier and set mission loads appropriate to the briefing. It will automatically change your wingman to a harrier too.

I have been doing this for years with early access aircraft with this campaign. Most of the missions work flawlessly.

This works for the Viggen and basically any aircraft capable of completing the mission objectives.

File names in this case are...

Push - 0-0.miz

Push - 1-1.miz

Push - 1-2.miz

ETC.....

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar