Transferring Normandy / NTTR to 2.5 without redownloading

Lt.Snake

Hi Guys,

I apologize if this has been adressed elsewhere. I have a question regarding transitioning to 2.5. As of now I have the 2.5 Beta (with Caucasus) as well as the 2.3(?) Alpha with Normandy and NTTR installed on my system.

Strangely, when I try to install Normandy/NTTR through the 2.5 module manager, the installer starts redownloading everything (+/- 45GB). Understandably, I'd like to avoid that if possible. This may be because I copied both installations over from another PC a while back. Is there a way to point the installer in the right direction, or to copy the necessary folders manually?

Also, after I am done migrating, what is the proper way of removing the no longer needed Alpha installation without losing activations?

Thanks for any pointers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

Hi, so in my situation I found that it didn't correctly detect that I had NTTR on another harddrive and like you it started to download the whole lot. What I did was cancel the download once it started and then just simply copied the 'Nevada' folder (as that contains the bulk of the raw data) from my Alpha install into my OB install. I then re-ran the update and it then only pulled down the extra bits it needed (minus about 20GB for the NTTR stuff). The folder I copied was in {Program Files}\....\Mods\terrains\Nevada. I just copied that into the equivalent OB folder and it detected it was already present. YMMV - I offer no warranty for this info!

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Also, with regards to the alpha, don't worry. Once it has successfully downloaded it will uninstall the Alpha. Your activations are not affected by this (ED mentioned this in a post somewhere).

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

... Is there a way to point the installer in the right direction, or to copy the necessary folders manually?

Yes, here it is:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3373312&postcount=196

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot guys! I managed to get the DL-Size down to about 6GB using your advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

I have the OpenAlpha installed on the same hard drive as my 1.5 OpenBeta, however, the 2.5 installation program is not seeing my OpenAlpha install (Normandy, NTTR) and is trying to download everything.

I used the .txt file listed above, using the appropriate directories for my install, but it is still not seeing my OpenAlpha install.

S:\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Chops

Suggestion one, try single \ instead of \\ (at least that's how my localsource file looks like), but it doesn't guarantee correct detection (didn't on my PC), so suggestion two - as above, just move your terrains folders manually to OB install and let the updater do the rest.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.