Microstutters

atrdriver

Im experiencing annoying microstutters in 2.5. Other than that, everything looks great!

Terry

Intel i9 7900k 3.3ghz

32gb RAM

GTX 1080ti

WIN10

Digital Storm Velox, Intel i9 7900X Extreme Edition, ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, 1 SSD 960Gb, 2TB HDD, 1 GeForce GTx 1080 Ti 11GB VR Ready, 2 Stage Liquid Cooling, Win 10 Home 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, TIR5 w/ TrackClip Pro, Acer Predator 32” 4K Monitor

Im experiencing annoying microstutters in 2.5. Other than that, everything looks great!

Terry

Intel i9 7900k 3.3ghz

32gb RAM

GTX 1080ti

WIN10

same here in CAUCASUS, although seing 60 fps most the time, settings to HIGH, trees to 25%.

Brilliant scenery but microstutter are annoying

microstutters solved for me

Hey guys,

i had this problem aswell. Try these 2 things: turn on Vsync and switch off MSAA ingame and turn it ON in Nvidia windows settings (if you happen to have nvidia GPU) but maybe with ATI is the same. I had no problems after this. My fps is stable 60 now.

My rig: i7 4,2 GHZ, Nvidia 1070, 16GB Ram, Samsuns SSD 500 Gb

May u also want to check your Power Options of Windows 10.

Go to your Control Panel - All Control Panel Items - Power Options and set those to "High Performance"

Also check your Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings - Power Management Mode is set to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

No microstutters for me in DCS 2.5

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I also have microstutters in 2.5, even with low Graphic Settings and 120+FPS with that, every few seconds i get a small stutter.

1 CPU Core is at 100% while in Game all the time (All others are at 5-10%. Other people wrote that 2.5OB uses CPU much better (multiple Cores, and not 100% all the time the simulation is running...).

I tried things that were suggested in other Threads like Power Settings, Hyperthreading on/off, updated Nvdidia Driver and checked the 3D- settings, updated my BIOS, then finally uninstalled 2.5 OB and redownloaded it again to only see that sadly nothing changed... CPU was clocked at 4 up to 4.4Ghz which also made no difference, 1 Core at 100% and stutters... And I haven't even tried VR yet... The new Version really looks amazing, but is unplayable...

I dont have similar problems in any other Game/Application...

Edited by Arctic

You might also want to check your processor affinity. I had a strange stutter problem too with my new setup.

For some reason DCS used only one physical core (out of 6) and this was on clean 2.1 install. Then I found this

from Youtube and my problem was solved.

Now I use Process Lasso to set cpu affinity automatically.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

I just checked that again all CPU Cores were selected for DCS (like before the reinstall). However, if i only select the last 5(10) Cores DCS is running without one processor at 100% all the time (more like 80-90 on one, and a bit on a few others...) , but much better. So, could be that this fixed it! Now i wonder if i really need third-party apps to do that automatically...

Edited by Arctic

I just checked that again all CPU Cores were selected for DCS (like before the reinstall). However, if i only select the last 5(10) Cores DCS is running without one processor at 100% all the time (more like 80-90 on one, and a bit on a few others...) , but much better. So, could be that this fixed it! Now i wonder if i really need third-party apps to do that automatically...

I tried several CPU combinations and for my setup the best is -> only physical processors 0,2,4,6,8,10.

Personally I'm not suffering from FPS. FPS is fine. I'm suffering from microstutters, pauses, freezes...

I see 50~70 FPS with my system, but I can't play DCS v2.5 ???

When I say this to my other friends who don't know about DCS or simulations, they laugh and say, "You see 70 FPS and your game is unplayable?".

Yes, unplayable. Before, I measure the playability with FPS, but DCS has changed this for me.

I'll try that CPU thing tonight. Thank you.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

No DCS 2.5 micro stutters here very smooth :smartass:

Do you have in-game V-Sync enabled?

What is your monitor in-game resolution and refresh-rate?

Do you own a G-sync capable monitor?

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

I also downloaded Process Lasso now. I guess I'll just stick with that, since DCS is playable now. Thanks cabzi and everybody else!

Glad to help!

With PL you can also tweak some other stuff to DCS.exe (for example their highest Performance mode, IO-priority etc). Haven't really digged deep in the matter, but some of the settings seemed like a no-brainer.

I have to limit my fps to 90 to avoid micro stutter. When the frames rise too much it happens.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

I have to limit my fps to 90 to avoid micro stutter. When the frames rise too much it happens.

Hi, did you check the video link I posted here? With your comp specs, you shouldn't have to worry about fps in DCS.

For me, fps was never really the biggest problem. On my system, DCS defaulted to run on only one physical core (exactly like in YouTube-clip), choking it out in the process. That alone caused various problems with the game like crashing it before reaching main menu, crashing it almost always after existing mission, general stuttering, sounds chopping in and out while flying and jerky TrackIR.

I never figured out why DCS.exe was defaulting to only one physical core on my i7-6850K. I'm just happy that I found the fix.

Edited by cabzi

The situation improved for me - both frame rate wise and visually when I unchecked the VR headset option which bizzarely was enabled by default!!!

It made a big difference.

If this could catch me out,then maybe it caught some of you guys out too?