2 bugs about 120kg bomb radar release and ir missiles

2 small things:

1 The radar crosshair on the radar release mode(120kg bombs) is weird. If I pull the trigger when the crosshair exactly pass the target, the bombs always fall about 500m behind the target. The problem happens when I turn my radar scope to 15km. I never tried on other radar range.

2 The lock tune doesnt show up when the missile actually locks the target. When the target is about 3 miles away, there is not lock tune, I pull the trigger and the missile tracks the target. The actual locking tune shows up about 1 mile away. Because 3 mile is a pretty reasonable lock range for aim9, and aim9 doesnt do lock-after-launch stuff, I consider there is something wrong with the lock tune system.

The aim9 doesn't do lock-after-launch? If that's the case then yes there's definitely a bug since I "mad-dog" these all the time and it definitely works quite often.

Regarding bombing I've had lots of issues with that, but I haven't tried it for a couple of weeks so...

2 small things:

2 The lock tune doesnt show up when the missile actually locks the target. When the target is about 3 miles away, there is not lock tune, I pull the trigger and the missile tracks the target. The actual locking tune shows up about 1 mile away. Because 3 mile is a pretty reasonable lock range for aim9, and aim9 doesnt do lock-after-launch stuff, I consider there is something wrong with the lock tune system.

Uhm, are you sure the AIM-9 can't do LOAL? Because that would be weird as it is just a "stupid" heat seeking missile that follows a heat source, so LOAL shouldn't be a problem.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uhm, are you sure the AIM-9 can't do LOAL? Because that would be weird as it is just a "stupid" heat seeking missile that follows a heat source, so LOAL shouldn't be a problem.

On the wikipedia it says:

"LOAL systems normally rely on cuing from a helmet mounted sight or onboard sensors like radar or FLIR, and use a simple strapdown inertial guidance system to know where to look after launch. Examples of LOAL weapons include the ASRAAM air-to-air missile and later versions of the AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank missile. "

Since there isnt any on board sensors and helmet mounted sight avaliable for viggen, and rb24j and rb74 is a relatively early missile(compare to asraam or aim9x), I consider this behavior is a bug.

On wiki it says this:

"LOAL systems normally rely on cuing from a helmet mounted sight or onboard sensors like radar or FLIR, and use a simple strapdown inertial guidance system to know where to look after launch. Examples of LOAL weapons include the ASRAAM air-to-air missile and later versions of the AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank missile. "

Since there isnt any on board sensors and helmet mounted sight avaliable for viggen, and rb24j and rb74 is a relatively early missile(compare to asraam or aim9x), I consider this behavior is a bug.

Thats what i found on the raytheon offical website introducing the aim9x:

"The new Block II variant adds a redesigned fuze and a digital ignition safety device that enhances ground handling and in-flight safety. It also features updated electronics that enable significant enhancements, including lock-on-after-launch capability using a new weapon datalink to support beyond visual range engagements. "

So if the aim9x block 2 have this feature recently, the rb24j and rb74 definitely doesnt have this feature, and this is a bug,

Thats what i found on the raytheon offical website introducing the aim9x:

"The new Block II variant adds a redesigned fuze and a digital ignition safety device that enhances ground handling and in-flight safety. It also features updated electronics that enable significant enhancements, including lock-on-after-launch capability using a new weapon datalink to support beyond visual range engagements. "

So if the aim9x block 2 have this feature recently, the rb24j and rb74 definitely doesnt have this feature, and this is a bug,

Alright, fair enough.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg